• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nordic Deep

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Here's the DNF finals from Nordic Deep 2008:

From left to right: Anders, Bjarte and Christian.

Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fcallagy
Hehe, ok, now I get it :) Nice! Now that i think about it, that's the only sensible way to end a (dnf) dive at the wall.

By the way, you can get a list of all time DNF performances from the new ranking system. Just select "ranking", year=any, discipline=dynamic.

Eg.
AIDA Freediving Results Register

That is, as soon as I have time to update the latest competition results (which incidentally are also the highest ranking eg. the NZ competition is still missing)

This is of course only competition results - attempts aside.

Thanks for the video Matti. You`re good photographer! I think I need to make my neckweight a bit bigger. On the positive side I can improve alot on technique:)

Grattis med et kanondykk, Bjarte, og veldig gode prestasjoner ellers i ND! Det ser ut som du har flere meter på lur.

Erlend
Bergen

Takk for det Erlend. At first I was a bit disappointed when I realised my technique wasn`t very good, but now I think it`s very positive. I have many things I can improve and maybe even add a few more meters. If anyone has ideas how I can improve please tell me.

Yeah, by improving technic and finding correct weights you may go further, but as we all know, it's not all about the technic...

Anyway, here's some ideas what came in to my mind first when lookin at your dive.

I'm not shure if you should have more on your neck. If you are a bit buoyance when testing glide when pushing from the end of the pool, you have correct weights. It seems more like your legs are very buoyant. Maybe adding some weights on your waist could change your balance (?). What kind of suit are you wearing, by the way? How much do you have weights?

More about technic: With better push and more horizontal turn you'll get at least couple of meters more for free in every lap (seems like the buoyancy is the problem in turns too, you have to kick down wards). Think your arm stroke isn't that bad at all, but the kick goes a bit through.

Anyway, it seems that your diving stamina is very good! You dive much longer time than Anders, but you still go to same meters and you are not speeding up, like most of the divers do.

And hey, remember, that these notices came from dude who dived only 115 m at the same comp (and had samba in 117 day before :D ). Maybe I'll put my own dive here so everyone can give me good advices to help me to get more meters on my dive too!

Thanks for the input. I`ve never had problem with my feet floating up before, but I had now. Some of it comes from that I`m generally positive and have to use some effort downwards. The suit is just a yingfa swimmingsuit. No buoyancy in the suit, but I used 3,6kg.

Hanlis great CNF record dive on Nordic Deep.

And there's more to come soon...

Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Hennings style on 210 m DYN

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKGZ8f1nnWY]YouTube - Freediving competition Nordic Deep -08 DYN Henning[/ame]

Hi everyone,

I finally got arround finishing my Nordic deep 2008 article.
It has been juced up by Matti's beautifull pictures, and can be found on my website:
freeapnea

I hope you like it!

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Reactions: fcallagy
Nice report Kars thanks. one thing puzzled me was that the deepest divers seemed to be last whereas the only comps I have attended the shallowest is usually last just wondering?

Thanks for your nice compliment fcallagy!
I'm a bit puzzled why this article is so well received, if you can help me understand please PM me. :)

Thanks to the Counterbalast freediver deep rescue system organisations can keep the competition more exiting by having the deepest divers duke it out last.

In the days where security was provided by Scuba, mix and closed circuit divers, the best was to have the deepest dives first so the rescue compressed air divers could gradually come up and build up less nitrogen, even to a degree decompress in combination with watching the shallowest divers. In other words much more time efficient.

Thanks,

Kars

Last edited:
NORDIC DEEP
Freediving competition - Nordic deep

Due to the World Championships starting in Denmark (300km south) directly after Nordic Deep some athletes might not want to risk the health of their lungs at depth. For these athletes we will offer the following:

- Help with training time in the pool (25 meter, shallow).
- Healthy vegetarian food.
- More opportunities for pool competition starts (if there is room)
- Days of yoga and meditation practice / instead of deepdiving.
- Speciality clinic focusing on CO2/ O2 measurements (+spirometri), static, relaxation, yoga, focus and awareness.

Some funcomps relating to static that might make too serious athletes relax.

Sebastian

Attachments

• wclysekil.jpg
    wclysekil.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 148
I think it is 85m Eric, but maybe Sebastian will take you out to a deeper place further down the fjord. If you're aiming for a WR attempt, I'm sure he will love to help out, although 120m+ may be a bit challenging to realise in practice because of logistics, but I'm sure Sebastian is also very inventive.

Personally I always like to meet DB members in real life, so I hope you come over and enjoy the sweet Scandinavian hospitality. ;)

Kars

Hi everyone

After reading about the Nordic Deep I would really like to attend.

But. How do I become an AIDA member in "My" country? I am originally a Danish citzen, but have been living and working in Norway for the last 2 years.

Also I live on a small island in the middle of basically nowhere, so I don't have any clubs or anybody to ask :crutch having said that it is a really nice place to live. 500 metres deep 10min from my house :)

Hope anyone can give some information. Thanks.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT