• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nose clip?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
don't temp me to get a pic of a G-clamp hanging off my nose:p

I just found a bit a bit big.. not really streamlined!

The last one may seem better on this sense?

on the upside it would probably allow you to drop some weight from your weightbelt

Use some heavy metal (tungsten?) and you may avoid any weight belt that al !!!

On a big order, a water cuter will do an amazing job, and not that expensive to cut the one with the square holes.

Each could cost a few bucks!

I thought of getting a whole lot of the first design I posted earlier made up but the problem is that I have no wish to make any money out of this or to cut the market for Paradisa ....no matter how hard they are to contact......

Re: Noseclip made out of sheet material

Originally posted by ADR
....better late than never right! Here is the pic of the nose clip a mate of mine (Dave Goldie) made out of sheet plastic. The nice thing about it is that you use the same principles for it but it is a lot easier to make as it doesn't require you to make fine tolerance pieces and to create a square hole.

so does it work? can you perhaps post the drawings of how to make one?

thanks man:)

Im trying to make some using PVC piping. Its going well so far, I just need to perfect it.....

[edit] I made my first semi comfortable pair. I will try to make a drawing of it to post.

Last edited:
cool stuff guys, the more drawings we have the better so more of us can test and tweak them to work even better! :D

I like the ideas on noseclips very much and think they are a great alternative to the paradisa noseclip. Really astonishing good ideas out there. Thanks for all of you sharing your ideas. On the other hand, making some freediving equipment myself (no noseclips), I found out how hard it can be to improve something good, especially if you are building it yourself.

Therefore I want to make another attempt trying to get a paradisa noseclip.

Old news:
The email address mentioned on the paradisa website (http://www.chez.com/paradisia/index.html) is still the same one that did not work.
The owner of the fax number mentioned on the website said their last contact with Bernard was in 2001 and they did not know how to reach him.
I got hold of his private email address but got no responce regarding the noseclip.

Although this all sounds very discouraging there is always hope. Has anyone had any luck geting a paradisa noseclip lately?

If Bernard Chabannes does not want to make them anymore it could be a nice business opportunity for someone :inlove . Or does anyone want to sell a small model (usable with a front snorkel). :wave

After reading the DIY info on noseclips and liquid goggles, I ordered a lens and set to making a stand off / holder for the lens. When I completed all of that it was friday, and as I went diving today (Saturday) I was trying to tackle the nose clip problem at the last minute. I walked around home depot for a few hours thinking and picking up things, trying things out, etc. I thought about a c-clamp, and probably would have stuck with that, but I found something better.

It is called an Irwin Quick-Grip.
Here is a link of a picture
http://store1.yimg.com/I/tylertool_1803_52449134
I added cork pads and cut off as much spare plastic as I could, and I tried them out today with my home-made liquid goggles.
They worked pretty well. Only problem I had was the corks did not stick well after they got wet. If they made an even smaller one that would be ideal...Mine was the 1½" version.

What kind of adhesive should be used for sticking cork or rubber to plastic???

Also, what kind of adhesive should be used for internal work on liquid goggles. EVERY thing I have looked at says it is an eye irritant, and the aquarium sealant I found that is supposed to be safe for fish turns out to be silicone caulk that produces acetic acid (vinegar?) on exposure to water...

BTW, I managed to actually lose my lens while diving. It is somwhere between 25 and 40 feet down. I dove for hours looking for it with no luck. Guess I will have to order a few more lenses...

I just ordered the Wildwasser Nose Clamp from www.mountainmiser.com for $9.95 plus $6.95 shipping. I'll post results when I try it out. I've been trying to get the Paradisia for over a year with no luck.

I just bought a "pair" of Exacto clamps from the hobby store.

Someone I play underwater hockey with mentioned to me that they work the same way as a Paradisa nose clip, but I only paid $4 for two of them!

I may still need to glue some cork, or neoprene, to them for comfort, but after getting frustrated trying to buy the Paradisa I don't think I wasted any money on this.:cool:

Jon

Reactions: Kars
Those Exactoclamps look like they would be perfect if the slide rod was cut short and cork pads were added. What is the purpose of the appendage?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT