• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Objects found while freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I once found a singular point of neverending infinity but there I was, but not really 'cos i didn't feel I existed anymore but I was everywhere at the same time, but I was so small I was insignificant but felt like I stretched on forever in all directions.

And some golf balls
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: donnachad
I once found a singular point of neverending infinity but there I was, but not really 'cos i didn't feel I existed anymore but I was everywhere at the same time, but I was so small I was insignificant but felt like I stretched on forever in all directions.

Sounds like someone's been swatting up on their Quantum Electro Dynamics.

Reactions: podge

And some golf balls
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like someone's been swatting up on their Quantum Electro Dynamics.

WHAT....?:confused:
He comes from up north; Quantum Electro would be if he had more than a couple of light bulbs on at the same time!!roflrofl
That or one ASBO bracelet on the end of each limb.:blackeyerofl

Sits back and waits for the come back??:D:D

Bwahahahahahaaa!

On a side note for anyone interested, Quantum Electro Dynamics is a physical theory that predicts (correctly) the path of light on the basis of statistical anaysis, it basically relies of the fact that light travels in all possible directions yet on the basis on probability, always chooses the correct path, the observer (at a particular location) simply detects the mathematical result of all wave functions added up, as a sum of all line integrals... what Apnea described was ironically (or maybe not) an appreciablely poetic description of the statistical movement or light... beautiful...

;)

Reactions: apneaboy
Bwahahahahahaaa!

On a side note for anyone interested, Quantum Electro Dynamics is a physical theory that predicts (correctly) the path of light on the basis of statistical anaysis, it basically relies of the fact that light travels in all possible directions yet on the basis on probability, always chooses the correct path, the observer (at a particular location) simply detects the mathematical result of all wave functions added up, as a sum of all line integrals... what Apnea described was ironically (or maybe not) an appreciablely poetic description of the statistical movement or light... beautiful...

;)

Mate you really need to drink more beer and stop reading those big books.
Come on down to the West Country and we’ll soon have you thinking about combine harvesters and cider, you’ll soon forget about Quantum Electro what’s-e—ma-call-its :friday:friday

Mate you really need to drink more beer and stop reading those big books.
Come on down to the West Country and we’ll soon have you thinking about combine harvesters and cider, you’ll soon forget about Quantum Electro what’s-e—ma-call-its :friday:friday

Ha ha! I'm hoping to be down in June - my aunt has rented some enormous house that sleeps 28 people somewhere on the North Devon / Cornwall border, so I'll be using that as my spearing base!

It'll be the first time in years that I've been down to my native lands! Hopefully see if I can meet up with some of the local Corwall / Devon crew for a session or two, in the pub AND in the water!

Beautiful....but painfully confusing!:confused:

They are little round things people hit with a stick and then follow in buggies. They try and get them into little holes then go home for tea.

I don't get it either.

I get Freediving though ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: podge
I normally explore the bottom at about 25-30 feet in a lake(man made). The lake normally is 200 feet deep(300 is the deepest) but i'm not that good. I've found a house foundation and a set of stone stairs leading nowhere, clay pidgeons, fishing gear, and a ledge with air under it. I've found watches, muscadine grapes, ropes buried in the ground.

I've never lost anything but i've known some people that have lost sunglasses, cameras, cellphones, pocketknives, wedding rings, and keys there too

Last edited:

And some golf balls
Posted via Mobile Device

OMG!!!!!! You seriously found some golf balls?!?!?!?!?

I spearfishing near Santo Domingo, and often find the anchors very old, I assume they are of Galleons, I filmed some ....

Found this trapped underneath a rock while diving off tip of Porthdinllaen in North Wales yesterday about 200m off the shore.

topwkf.jpg

top3l.jpg

top2tk.jpg

top4fc.jpg

I've never seen pottery in the water before so picked it up - I saw a few other shards too. The last wreck, I think, was in 1904, although I might be wrong.

The rocks mark the the entrance to an amazing natural harbour and inevitably, over the years, there have been a lot of wrecks in the area:

PorthDinllaen.jpg

Reactions: Mr. X and spaghetti
I knew I recognised the name of that bay. I didn't realise it was that one, I remember kayaking there one winter, we turned up in 2mm wetsuits and dry cags and were sat on the beach shivering and it was snowing, we drew a crowd with people looking at us haha

I had a tesco tearaway flask that had smashed against the hull of the boat 'cos the waves were big and it was that cold i was trying to sip the soup through the broken silver stuff that was smashed up inside it.

I might go in summer and see if it is as nice as it looks in that picture :)

Sorry, random post. Carry on ;-)

Reactions: podge and Broseidon
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT