• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Objects found while freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Oh I don’t know about the whole fish, just that bit looks pretty tasty:friday:friday

Reactions: Broseidon
I found 6kg of lead while looking for scallops the other day, got five very nice scallops as well.

Greg

Don Paul,

Wassabi and Soy is what I am thinking when I see that photo. And nice thick sashimi.

Don Paul,

Wassabi and Soy is what I am thinking when I see that photo. And nice thick sashimi.

I'll post my recipe for Seared Seared Sex Tuna after my week end....yes I'll put up couple pics but none of the whole fish as I was on a clients boat and I want to get invited back aboard. I will say the Airb has now been given a proper christening.:friday
Happy Fri mates.

Cheers, Don

Cant we see the whole fish!

Short story...

Diver Don..
''Hey babe can I borrow your Nikon?.....I promise not to get it wet:duh my Nikonos needs fresh seals''.

Young Greened Eyed Girl...
''You have been holding your breath too long and are delusional... get a Go Pro.... your not killing my good camera again''.:martial'' You have a case of under water cameras in the den....what good are they for? do they even sell film anymore?''

Diver Don responding to Young Green Eyed Girl...
''Do you want to eat fresh tuna or not?'':p

Took her Nikon anyway......yes it got very wet....no there are no whole fish pics.

Cheers, Don

Last edited:
I was diving a reef off Plymouth yesterday on the low spring tide. This reef had target barges moored next to it during the Victorian era for gunnery practice, so there are lots of bits and pieces to collect. I saw a lump of concretion that looked worthey, so I gave it a tap with a stone, and out popped this, attached to a 12lb shell. Its a driving band that fitted into the gun's rifling, creating a gas seal. Clean as the day it was fired, over 100 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 177
I found small plastic scull at the bottom while snorkelling. It was about a week before my "lucky" FIM dive (see this fore more info) during the world champs in Kalamata. I don't gave a picture, my GF threw it away :wave.

One of my dive buddies was diving in about 80 feet of water and when he got to the bottom there was a Lady with her hands tied behind her back and her feet in a 5 gallon bucket of cement.

This of course was totally unexpected and scared the hell out of him. He went back to the surface and called Police. He never heard an update and was just told to leave the area.

We think it was some type of Mafia/Mob activity.

On a personal level: I've found crack and Pot Pipes, Bikes, Boats, Hand Radios, A Safe.

Reactions: Kars
Ugh, that's the sort of thing that I'm always afraid to find when I go diving. I used to do some shallow-water diving in the local river, and fatalities happen there from time to time. I was always afraid to find a body stuck in the debris.

yesturday in 10 minutes. iphone 4s , 3 new witches hats, sunglasses,tackle box.

:duhHad my iphone in an extreme otterbox (this is not a paid advertisment) BOTH flung off my truck roof with a set of speakers at 30 kph and THEN dropped into .5 m of water at the boat ramp w/i 2 days:hmm--phone survived. Otterbox sent en ENTIRE new unit to replace when I contacted for glue to fix the silicon seal!!! :thankyou Way to go! Only pain is to file down connectors INTO the unit to play music etc.

Yeh iphones gone but got a nice speck cover for my daughters 4s off of it.
I actually found another 4s a while ago whilst running in the rain and sat it in rice for a few days and it was as good as new.:friday

Found a sunk kayak once, looked like it'd been down for a month or so but looked like it would have cleaned up ok. Shame I was overseas at the time or I would have got it out one way or another.
Surfaced once as disposable camera floated past. Couldn't find an owner so gave it to a tourist :)
And of course the usual 50 million hooks, sinkers, nets, crab traps, lures, broken fishing rods etc. Nothing too exciting although one hook was "found" by hooking into my pony tail. Apparently the fisherman didn't see me swimming past when it put his line in..

Reactions: Kars
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT