• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Objects found while freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I spearfishing near Santo Domingo, and often find the anchors very old, I assume they are of Galleons, I filmed some ....
Treasure?! Pieces of 8? ;)

Found this trapped underneath a rock while diving off tip of Porthdinllaen in North Wales yesterday about 200m off the shore.
Nice pics & pot Broseiden. To me, the pot looks quite modern (c. 1970s :D) but ceramics can be deceptively old as they don't age/tarnish. It looks remarkably fresh and complete. Most stuff I see in the sea is covered in barnacles/weed/rust/etc.

I once saw what appeared to be a large "gold & turquoise" vase, although on close inspection it looked a lot more like the head of a tank/artillary shell. Gulp.

Last edited:
Can you show us the film?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRLsNjjeTK0]YouTube - ‪ancora 2‬‏[/ame]
the video is of poor quality, but I think we can be sure that the galleons of old, I saw some publications on the Internet, in this bay I have already spotted 6 or 7

Nice pics & pot Broseiden. To me, the pot looks quite modern (c. 1970s :D) but ceramics can be deceptively old as they don't age/tarnish. It looks remarkably fresh and complete. Most stuff I see in the sea is covered in barnacles/weed/rust/etc.

I once saw what appeared to be a large "gold & turquoise" vase, although on close inspection it looked a lot more like the head of a tank/artillary shell. Gulp.

I am inclined to agree - it is in VERY good condition with almost no growth although it could have been covered with sand... who knows!

My only fear is that it's the lid of a cremation urn that someone has imparted to the sea along with the remains of a loved one... but I'm hoping that that is pretty unlikely.....! rofl

My only fear is that it's the lid of a cremation urn that someone has imparted to the sea along with the remains of a loved one... but I'm hoping that that is pretty unlikely.....! rofl

Eventually containing the ashes of a very powerful and very nasty witch doctor who swore the wrath of revenge against profanation....WHHHOOOOO! WHOOOO DARE???!!!! :mad:

But not so uncommon as to be missed by youtube
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYI3diEZhmo]YouTube - ‪Edward Wilks - Full Auto Glock G20 10mm Pistol with FSSG Machine-gun Switch‬‏[/ame]

last Sunday at Catalina; I did not find it - it unfortunately found me - A large double, treble hook ,fishing lure. It dug into my sleeve , cut my hand trying to remove it. Two of my dive buddies had to cut it out with a knife and it made a hole in my new 5mm suit :vangry Fishing garbage is a plague!

Reactions: apneaboy and Kars
There are reasons soldiers with full auto capacity are taught to fire three round bursts . . .

There are reasons soldiers with full auto capacity are taught to fire three round bursts . . .

There are reasons machine-guns were made, and some of them line up with the reasons for having big wars, such as killing off more 'useless eaters'.

But I recognise - no I'm not a expert - that that calibre is pretty rare, did you manage to see any brand or numbers? The 10 may be measured also because it's .50 cal with some rust deformation.

Just sitting in an office pressing buttons is the way forward lads, keep up. ;-)

Look mate, no matter how m,any times I hit delete you never seem to disappear... I obviously have the wrong buttons!

But not so uncommon as to be missed by youtube
Yes, I recall reading an article pushing 10mm as an alternative for handguns when I was in the US the first time. I was living out in a village in countryside beyond the burbs but a few nasty big city type crimes happened in nearby suburbs, which got me to looking. I think the article was aimed at law enforcement officers of various types, who might feel they needed a bit "more stopping power". Glocks were the fashionable brand at the time. 9mm & some traditional non-metric gauges were the norm though.

Found a large jointed plug either washed up or possibly cleaned up, on top of a pile debris at the local beach last week. Beat-up but repairable. Useful for trying a few DIY finishes perhaps? :)

Just to revive this thread--pulled up 2 rattle trap lurs, a spoon and 1/2 an anchor--how the he%% do you get 1/2 an anchor????? from the local power plant lake. Anyone find anything interesting recently?

Just to revive this thread--pulled up 2 rattle trap lurs, a spoon and 1/2 an anchor--how the he%% do you get 1/2 an anchor????? from the local power plant lake. Anyone find anything interesting recently?

I found this local Pacific Blue Fin on my last dive.:)

Cheers, Don Paul

Attachments

• Local Blue Fin.jpg
    Local Blue Fin.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 170
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT