• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

oct 13th

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I noticed most of the carp on the deeper edge of the weed line- between 15'-20'. They would make an occasional pass along that area and not stick to one spot too much. The crappie where all up high along the top of the weeds. They were something to stumble upon and shoot from the hip as soon as you saw one. The lake was not as easy to hunt as many others, probably due to the clear water, and the bass I saw in here were all on the small size, but is was a nice little spot that other divers have been talking about for years and I had never made it out to. Too bad it has zebra mussles in it like most of the other lakes around.

Nick, if your looking for a carp gun you might want to think pneumatic. I wasn't sure about mine at first, but the more I use it the more I seem to like it. With my 3-sling wood gun would stick a carp and, ususally, have it stay, but with the new Pneumo it went right through them every time- even from a distance! I know that they are more noisy, but when I'm on the bottom all I can hear is boat traffic- especially in Lake Geneva.rofl For pan fish a small Euro gun with a thin shaft works better because you destroy less meat when you hit them.

Those smaller lakes cool off pretty fast, but some of the bigger ones should be warmish for a while. I was ok in a 5mm, but after 6 hours in the water realized that I need to start packing some food with me- Gatorade alone doesn't cut it.

When the outlet clears out I'll post it and then everyone can really see what big carp look like. ;) It should take at least another month for that to happen so everyone can go load up on deer in the meantime.

Jon

FYI, in the list of threads on the main level of the Wiscosin section, you see a paperclip to the right of the thread title. If you click that paperclip it will pop open a window with all the images from the thread listed. if you right click on the link to the image, you can "save target as" and then you can save them to your computer. I opened the image and if it was one I wanted I dragged it and dropped it on my desktop then closed the window and opened the next one on the list.

VIDEO! Here's a Lower quality video-

****WARNING*** there is rock music to this video- If rock music offends you, Please.........Go see a therapist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYm86r9l4N4]YouTube - Golden Lake[/ame]

Reactions: Jon
I'm done with the High Def version - It's pretty sweet- but it's too large even for "File Factory" it's a 324MB file- Even the sound is better in HD. If anyone wants a copy I'll burn off a few DVD's and give them to you guys whenever I see ya. Eventually I will make 1 DVD with ALL the HD versions- Whenever I get enough to fill a DVD. If you want a copy of "Golden Lake HD" either post that you want 1 or 2 or send me a PM. It's the same video you see but better- its HD! Even the sound is better. It'll play in almost/most DVD players - If you have a "Big Screen" HD TV it will play on that large of a screen without loss of quality. Pretty Cool. I think If we get out sometime from now till Nov 3 - I might just video people shooting fish and not even use a speargun. But on Nov 3rd- Carp are dying in large numbers!

Last edited:
i think maybe i could be the new camera guy yes maybe we all know i aint going to be shooting alot so that is up to you guys

Reactions: Whopperhead
I'm sure you will get your share with the cameras- But Seeing how you are new to this "Life Style". We need to get you some carp under your belt. :martial

- But I'm wondering why you're posting on this thread? OCT 13th - was a month and a half ago. anyways- We might do a sneek peek at the OUTLET on Monday - if anyone else has the day off. just send me a PM.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT