• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

October Cookout 10/11/08

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who is planning on attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just 2 weeks out from "The Event". I guess I need to come up with a dish to pass. Hmmm.... Who is bringing what??

Clear your calendars people, lets get a good turn out for this.... Come pick up a prize!

I was thinking we would do a "Raffle" for the left over prizes. I plan on bringing Fish - will fry it up there. I'll also bring chips.

Recap: It's going to be at Governor Nelson's State Park
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=20524977&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1 (scroll up slightly to you notice the picnic tables)

There is a shelter, playground area and Beach- I will also have a canopy type thing.
Bring your Families, your own Beverage and your gear. If the vis is dive-able we/some could go diving- but don't have to.

MEET at 9am: meaning everyone should be there by 10am, Start handing out prizes, start cooking, hangout maybe go diving/spearfishing. Wrap it up around 2pm.

I'll put together a DVD of video's so far this year, and get a sign up for the Final DVD released this winter. (Free) - I'm looking into a new editing software for next years videos - that will make the videos even better! Can't wait. I hope to see you all there- If you make it to any event this year or at all, it should be this one! Come and Meet everyone, have your picture taken get in on a video.

Governor Nelson State Park
5140 Cty Hwy M
Waunakee, WI 53597
(608) 831-3005

REMINDER!!!! You need to have a state park sticker (for the day is $7.50)

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/water/fhp/lakes/lakemap/0805400a.htm (Map of Lake)

Last edited:
Waldo. Idk about this. Not only will we have practice that morning, but we have homecoming at 8, a party at my house that night, hopefully through the morning of the 12th. I would love to. Maybe we can make up the practice?

Sounds like a good time. I'd try to make it if it wasn't so far away. This time of year I'm usually doing alot of hunting/scouting. That weekend I'll be scouting out a new spot in southern minnesota. Maybe next year I can get over to wisconsin for the cookout and check out some hunting spots while I'm there. Still haven't tried to shoot anything with my new rob allen, but I did meet Gene over at Square Lake about a month ago to do some swimming. Vis wasn't too good, but I did make it to 20-22'. Still equalizing problems.

yea I would love to go, but thats almost 2 hours from my house.. and I don't have a gun yet because i have no money.. so I don't think I'll be able to make this one unfortunately.

With Christmas coming up, i hope to have a chance to get some gear and maybe do some winter spearin

yea I would love to go, but thats almost 2 hours from my house.. and I don't have a gun yet because i have no money.. so I don't think I'll be able to make this one unfortunately.

With Christmas coming up, i hope to have a chance to get some gear and maybe do some winter spearin

I'm 3.5 hours away! There will be extra guns there to use too, you can count on that! So those excuses are shot down! :) I'll have extra fins and my other wetsuit (incase someone is 6'2" - 6'4" tall!).

I may be selling my OMER suits too. I am most likely getting 2 custom Oceaner suits in black. A 3mm and a 5mm. Their REC 45 suit, which uses Yamamoto 45....love the Yamamoto 45!!

ok cool- sorry i'm not 6'2" i'm 5'6" :p

then i'll definitely see about goin- maybe i'll drag pops along with me

i've been waiting to get into spearfishin for so long, this looks like a good opportunity.

only problem in convincing parents is that it is soo far away

Last edited:
Hello everyone..I voted "Me- Flying solo at this one" , but there is a change- my daughter is coming with me ..She is 17 and has enjoyed pole fishing for years....I hope she'll be into spearfishing very soon...We'll bring some home made sweets filled with Turkish delight ..We live in IL , but are originally from Bulgaria

Kalinux- Sounds good! The "POLL" is just for a 'General' Idea- If your daughter shoots fish with a pole spear- she'll be a pro with a speargun. Some of the guys prefer to use the polespears or Slings over a speargun- So, that's good she knows how to use them. Looking forward to meeting you two.

I'll see if I can get my 16yr old daughter to come up also!

Why cant we get girls around here to go?!? Our friend Marium went once, but didnt show much interest since soo... yea bummer. Guess that they have to come from IL :head

not really i guess but i was lucky that i found the one i got but i aint trying to start anything its just poking fun since i came from IL

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT