• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

October Cookout 10/11/08

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who is planning on attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will be bringing the hot dogs and brats and buns for them just so everyone knows that way we dont have like 200 packs of hot dogs

If you are not planning on attending but would still like to enter the drawing- send me a PM and which Prize you would like to try for:
The Prizes are:
Omer EXCALIBUR 2000 Speargun (75cm)

HERO CAM (underwater camera that can strap to your wrist or speargun)

RAY ODOR Polespear (6')

IKELITE Underwater flashlight

ULTRABREATHE (Respiratory Trainer that enhances your respiratory muscle strength, durability and Performance)

And a ORIGINAL ILDIVER HAWAIIAN SLING (have to check with him :D )

There was also suppose to be a HAMMERHEAD 55cm Speargun- but HH never sent it. And it wouldn't be here in time. Maybe next year.

ALSO- If the Water is Clear enough to do some decent spearing- we will save one of the prizes for the biggest Carp for that day. (maybe)

Last edited:
Reactions: ILDiver
I will have to check with the wife... but would love to meet you guys.
bummer all my gear is in Croatia...

I will have to check with the wife... but would love to meet you guys.
bummer all my gear is in Croatia...

Fletch, there will be some extra stuff there I think. Not sure we will have what fit you, but I know we will have an extra gun or two. Wetsuit and fins is a little more sketchy with size and fit and all.

I'll make every effort to come... thanks for your generosity! I'm happy to find some spearos around here!

Hope to see you there and i hope you like brats or hotdogs

the wife sounded 'positive' when I asked... we have 4 kids (2)6yrs, (1)3yrs, (1)9mths... so... she's concerned they will be bored. I assured her there would be other families with kids... hope I'm right?!

we'll get there around 1 or 2. We'll bring some desert... sounds like lunch meat is covered.

I have 1-6yr, 1-5yr, 1-2yr all girls. My wife and all 3 kids will be there - plus there is a big playground there.

Last edited:
My daughter actually got a job, so she won't be there. The wife is working....I'M FREE!!! :D

good times ya'll see ya in the morning.

200 I think would be good. I had some but I can locate it. All I can find is the really fine stuff. I'm not sure if I'll need it, but may to fit the muzzle.

kalinux and fletch, it was great meeting you. I thought about getting in the water a couple of times, I really wanted to dive, but the conversation was good. Swapping stories and all was a good time, so not diving is very minor. Scott, Dusten and Jon, always good to hang out with you guys!

Now we need to get an actual dive trip going. Maybe in 2 weeks? :)

First, it was a great day...Thanks to everyone.
For the first time in 12 years I felt like I was at home.
It is not a secret that Americans live kind of lonely lives, and in Europe people live together, especially in Bulgaria..Thank you again you made me feel at home.
Looking forward to seeing all of you next time.

edit:
FletchHR the site is http://sea-arrow.com/

Last edited:
Kalinux - :D was great to meet you - hope we can talk more soon.

ILDiver - thanks - and agree - it was great to talk with/meet you all... always good to see the people behind the avatars.

Thanks for the fish, Whopperhead!

You all have beautiful families.

re: no diving... yeah, well, we can't have everything...
I am sitting here thinking... man... at 6am I think I can be in the car headed to the lake... L.Mich. is only 30mins from me. :D
but, w/out a suit it will be indeed mighty chilly... he he he...I'll probably chicken out. rofl

Had a Great time today- Weather was GREAT. It was nice meeting some of you newer people! I hope to get in the water with you soon. Good seeing some of you older people too ;) - Yeah, too bad we didn't make it in the water- but I bet our families were happy we stuck around. Good Food, Good People, Great Day.

Here are the winners from today's drawing and what they picked:

1st: Kalina picked the OMER EXCALIBUR 2000 75cm SPEARGUN.
2nd: DOtey picked the HERO3 CAM (digital underwater cam)
3rd: Lisa/Jon Picked the Custom Hawaiian sling
4th: ILDiver picked the ULTRABREATHE
5th: FLETCH picked the underwater Torch
6th: Helena picked the Ray Odor Polespear
7th: Kalin picked a 25' float line
8th: BJPete got a hoop stringer.

T-shirts, stickers and magazines were also given away. Will post more pics as I get them uploaded.

PICS: 1st- prize table (angle 1) 2nd- Prize table (angle 2) 3rd- Madison Skyline 4th- Future Freedivers 5th- Cookout

Attachments

• DSCF1780.jpg
    DSCF1780.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF1779.jpg
    DSCF1779.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCF1772.jpg
    DSCF1772.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCF1777.jpg
    DSCF1777.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCF1787.jpg
    DSCF1787.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 182
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT