• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Okinawa Team WC 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Got the Announcements and TOPs posted. This is going to be fun!

Tomorrow´s dynamic competition web stream: [ame="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aida-team-freediving-world-championships-2010"]AIDA Team Freediving World Championships 2010 on USTREAM: AIDA Team Freediving World Championships 2010 in Okinawa.@@AMEPARAM@@cid=4738834@@AMEPARAM@@4738834[/ame]

Competition will start at 10.00 Okinawa time.

br,

- kimmo

Aaaagggh! So exciting. Good luck to everyone but especially to Greg & Kevin, and to my friends Junko and Ben!

The live streaming is already an excellent progress, but what is missing is some commentary - you only see an UW video with a silhouette of a diver, but often have hard time to guess who it really is, and especially you do not see what card he got, and what the result exactly was. And at the statics you practically saw only one person from the four competing at the same time. As I told, I am already very much thankful for this, because it is exciting anyway, but it would be perfect if someone could add a comment to it. Technically it is easy - there is a chat near the streaming window, so they can type the comments directly there. I am sure there are plenty of people in the pool who'd be happy to take care about it, if someone asks them.

There is another possibility: even if they do not find anyone willing to comment, and do not want to do it during the competition, at STA they pulled the camera out of water and placed it on the table of the IT people. Unfortunately they did not think about telling us anything in English, although we could hear them speaking together in Japanese. And they could have just moved the camera a few inches more so that we could look at the screen of their computer with the ranking. It was a terrible feeling knowing that the results are so close, but you had no way to tell them to turn the camera a bit. So perhaps this can give them an idea, and if anyone in Okinawa reads this, please let them know!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean Ivo! I was yelling at my screen "move the f!@#king camera, dude!"

According to the stream/chat here, Jakob Hansen did 208m!!!
[ame="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aida-team-freediving-world-championships-2010"]AIDA Team Freediving World Championships 2010 on USTREAM: AIDA Team Freediving World Championships 2010 in Okinawa.@@AMEPARAM@@cid=4738834@@AMEPARAM@@4738834[/ame]

Last edited:

Attachments

• __startDYN1.jpg
    __startDYN1.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 205
  • __startDYN2.jpg
    __startDYN2.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 188
Holy Samsonite!!!!!
Denmark has Jakob at 208, and both Rune and Jesper has bettered Stig's old Danish record to 229!!!!!
Ryuzo is at 203, Guillaume is at 175.
Now I have to wait two and a half hours for Shun, Katsuya, Morgan and Frederic to see if that takes home the gold...

I don't believe it!!!

Denmark can't kick a soccer ball, but they can dive worth a crazy!
I don't believe it!

Will Trubridge 237m!!!

Aurore Asso 137m I think

Live feed and commentary here, little bit of audio coming through from the underwater cam too (they're having fried chicken for lunch :D ): [ame="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aida-team-freediving-world-championships-2010"]AIDA Team Freediving World Championships 2010 on USTREAM: AIDA Team Freediving World Championships 2010 in Okinawa.@@AMEPARAM@@cid=4738834@@AMEPARAM@@4738834[/ame]

YESS!!!!
COngrats to Jesper, Jakob and Rune!!!
Hooray! Yahoo! :friday rofl:inlove

Fred's record 255m

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdzci5_frederic-sessa-apnee-dynamique-reco_sport"]Dailymotion - Frédéric Sessa - Apnée Dynamique - Record du Monde 255m - une vidéo Sports et Extrême@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame]

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT