• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

OMER Zero 3 Mask

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The Mares mask that crazy Danish guy is on about it pretty comfy too - probably a little more volume than some, but not bad.

Hah hah ha ha ha, you b*s*a*d, he he. Anyways, yes, buying from European online stores such as www.scubastore.com is much cheaper. I have been a few times in LA and I must say that everything in the US, from a European’s POW (point of view), apart from cars, gasoline and junk food (no wonder everybody are getting fatter and fatter), is much more expensive “over there” (United Bluff of America …. Just making fun, don’t shoot me :inlove ) than “over here”.

Here are some useful direct links if you wanna shop from Europe:

Sporasub Mystic about 58 US$ including shipping

http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/sporasub-mystic/6242/p

Aqualung Micromask about 100 US$ including shipping

http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/aqualung-micromask/5562/p

Aqualung Sphera about 57 US$ including shipping

http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/aqualung-sphera/13548/p

Has anyone tried the Aqualung FALCO??? It should be an Aqualung Sphera,but with real glass instead of plastic. No idea where to get one these days???!!! (I think it is out of production, but I am not sure?!)

Attachments

• Aqualung FALCO.jpg
    Aqualung FALCO.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 150
Yeah, I am not a Hillbilly or an Okie From Muskogee. I have “googled” that link myself – that’s where I got the photo that I uploaded to this forum rofl

NOW, try “click” buy on that link and you will see that Scubastore (where I buy most of my shit) don’t have it for sale anymore!!! :friday

I didn't try buying it but I saw it on other sites too like:

Scuba Direct Shop - FALCO MASK

No idea if they stock it - maybe if you look for 'technisub falco' you'll find more

I didn't try buying it but I saw it on other sites too like:

Scuba Direct Shop - FALCO MASK

No idea if they stock it - maybe if you look for 'technisub falco' you'll find more

Hey Thanks for the link, because the Sphera goes well with my face and my beard so I want to try this little devil with real glass and not plastic fantastic :martial

Hello Guys, its my first post on the forum, actually, I got here because of this thread. I am just like tuboludo and ordered the mask online, and only after started reading reviews. So, as he said before, I have a narrow face and got worried while waiting for it to arrive. AS soon as it got to me, I put it in my face and couldnt even get it to seal, there were a 3mm gap in both sides of my head, making it impossible to seal. But before giving up, I examined the mask structure and found a solution. Looking at it you will notice that the hard part of the frame is very thin and connects one side to the other only over the nose part. And having molded a tooth protector for my kickboxing girlfriend I did the same thing to the mask and got it shaped to my face and now I have a superb Seal.

The process involves boiling some tap water in a pan, having a cold water pan nearby, and gently and slowly pouring hot water over the hard part over the nose, you will feel the hard plastic becoming a little bit softer, and while bending it a little bit submerge it on the cold water pan and leave it there holding the bend for a while until it cools. I did that twice and right now I have the best sealing mask ever. Erhhh outside water, I could not dive yet, it arrived yesterday. But before that I couldnt even try it on water!

I hope this helps people who have a narrow face and want to try this mask!

I thought of doing that as well... But didn't want to risk weakening it and have it crack at some inopportune time.

I just sold mine off... But bravo to you for "making it work"!

Interesting solution. I think I would be worried about visual distortion - with the lenses being out-of-plane.

Also - the glass lens Falco fits like the sphera (if it fits your face without bending the frame) but is no where as good at compressibility, as the glass doesn't bend and it adds a LOT of structural integrity to the mask.

Good for shallow diving, where durability and clear optics are preferred to the lightweight, compressibility of the sphera.

Interesting solution. I think I would be worried about visual distortion - with the lenses being out-of-plane.

Well, I was actually worried about that too, refraction and such, but before attempting my experiment I put my head into the pool and deformed the mask as I was planning to do, but the MINIMAL bend it was necessary to make it fit my face made no noticeable distortion on the pool lines! I'll let you know if my aim gets worse!!! :)

Mine didn't came with that fancy box :(
Nice initiative!
I vote for video reviews in the water with some swearing (in a fun way) :D
Apnea.co.uk sell it without (£26) or with box (£27). They only have the latter currently. A decent plastic mask box is worth a quid. My Seacsub mask came with one, handy.

Last edited:
Aqualong Micromask is the Absolutely superior mask to the OMER Zero 3 IMHO :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQi5FRHFm-E"]Review Aqualung Micromask (technisub) diving mask - YouTube[/ame]

Another brilliant video review :) keep them coming!

Interesting that the micromask is so different for you than the zero3 and great you've finally found THE mask.

I've been getting on great with the zero3 after I adjusted it properly and positioned the kneck strap lower.
It's not quite perfect though as I start to notice a little pressure on my temple after 3 hours or so. Might just try the Micromask now.

Another brilliant video review :) keep them coming!

Interesting that the micromask is so different for you than the zero3 and great you've finally found THE mask.

I've been getting on great with the zero3 after I adjusted it properly and positioned the kneck strap lower.
It's not quite perfect though as I start to notice a little pressure on my temple after 3 hours or so. Might just try the Micromask now.

That's the thing! The Micromask doesn’t need a lot of adjustment to fit. Put it on and go, and after a while the mask should not keep on reminding you that you are wearing a mask so you can concentrate solely on your diving and hunting :blackeye

The Zero 3 just kept on craving my attention like a small child, and on 2 out of 3 dives it was giving me problems. The "wauhh" factor of its visibility soon goes away and I thing the visibility is more or less as good, if not better with the Micromask since the image is not distorted as much as with the Zero 3 mask!

Last edited:
Hi,
Just saw the thread about testing the mask, is it still in circulation? If so I'd like to try it.

Hi Cake_Boy the Review is filmed, pm me your contact info and I'll send it to you!

The video editing is being done, I'll try to upload the video soon.

The mask it now in the UK, with Cake_Boy.

I picture him wearing it now, in combination with the black armour and a fitting black cape :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT