• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

OMER Zero 3 Mask

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I had a few hours yesterday trying different things to get a good seal with the Zero 3 and I'm now very very impressed with it.
What I eventually found was that I need to have the strap lower than on any other mask. In fact the bottom part of the strap is actually on the top of my neck.
The other change I made was to have the straps tighter than on my other masks.
The combination of these two things have given me a super comfortable fit and it's totally dry - no more seepage in through the nose area.
The area I was diving was only 10m but I really wasn't aware of having to equalise the mask at all. Tried a comparison with my max lux and I definitely needed to equalise it.

I give the Omer Zero3 9.25 out of 10 :)

Well I got Tuboludo's Omer Zero 3 today, and I had a first out of box impression.
The mask fitted my medium wide face. Though the distance from the frame to my forehead is 0 mm, with a little bit of pressure on my forehead. The distance of the lower glass to my cheekbones is much better, there I've got still some room to compress without compensating. Tomorrow I'll go to the pool and count some tiles to see how wide the view is compared to other popular masks. I shall shave for the occasion :D

I love the postcard you included Tuboludo! She reminds me of the lovely Tanya Streeter :D

Day 03 with the Zero3. Today I put my trusty Riffe Stable snork on. The Slalom is a wonderful snorkel - works well with surface mono finning etc. But I've not worked out the attachment yet. The Stable has the best snork attachment I've ever found and, when I spit it out to dive with my mono, it disappears.

No problems with the Zero 3, most comfortable day yet. Here are some of the things I saw with it.

Well I got Tuboludo's Omer Zero 3 today, and I had a first out of box impression.
The mask fitted my medium wide face. Though the distance from the frame to my forehead is 0 mm, with a little bit of pressure on my forehead. The distance of the lower glass to my cheekbones is much better, there I've got still some room to compress without compensating. Tomorrow I'll go to the pool and count some tiles to see how wide the view is compared to other popular masks. I shall shave for the occasion :D

I love the postcard you included Tuboludo! She reminds me of the lovely Tanya Streeter :D

I'll wait for the review but I'll also need the postcard to analyse the whole experience :)

https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&q=west+grand+traverse+bay&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ei=HRdFUOu5CsjurQGBpoHgCA&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

If you go down to the south end of the West Arm and zoom in a little you'll see a Marina right at the south end. If you zoom in enough you can see a river a ways to the east of that. Just Northwest of the river mouth (which is marked on the image by it's brownish water) you see are dark blue bowl. I took the pictures right along the southeast edge of that bowl this morning. There are also king salmon and gizzard shad running in there right now. Viz was not to good due to all the suckers feeding on the bottom - but the water was 71f down to 45 feet - where it dropped to about 60f. The bowl is 128 feet at the deepest - the deepest part of the bay is around 400 I think.

Last edited:
You'll see it in the youtube review :) - I feel there is a hit video coming... LOL

ps. can I refer to you Tuboludo with your first name? Tuboludo is a real tongue breaker for me you see...

You'll see it in the youtube review :) - I feel there is a hit video coming... LOL

ps. can I refer to you Tuboludo with your first name? Tuboludo is a real tongue breaker for me you see...

Yeah, sure, you can call me Heini or Heini'ho :blackeye

Yes, Fresh water - Now is the best time. Starting now it will begin to get more and more clear - by November there will be days with over 30m visibility.
Here are my pictures from West Bay.

Iggy Pop also is from Michigan :)

Michigan Freediving | West Grand Traverse Bay

Come here and we can do irritable product reviews together!

Last edited:
OMG, just been watching some of your pictures. I am so jealous, you guys got your own paradise right there in Michigan… uhmmm….

PS, how do I get a date with the "free diving" girl on some of the photos??? I hope she is not your sister or girlfriend.... ho ho ho ... X-mas soon :)

It might be his daughter (he mentioned her in the mask review... did you read it :)?):martial:crutch

Actually it is a beverage made with Carp Semen, Cherries, Hops and Vermouth. Usually garnished with okra or anchovy paste.
Very popular in Detroit.

That is my daughter.
All I can promise is that she may be polite.
She is already sufficiently dangerous without my help :)

Last edited:
It might be his daughter (he mentioned her in the mask review... did you read it :)?):martial:crutch

UPS.... difficult to see if it is a fullgrown woman or not in that wetsuit -
I apologize if I offended anyone L

Bah! Don't insult me by imagining I could be so easily insulted! :girlie

She is now 24.
Hopefully she will not become too much larger.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT