• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PETS: wot you got?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Wow, what a variety of pets you all have! Losing pets is very tough- I've lost many cats to traffic and God-knows what else.
This is Bunbun (aka Littlebun, Bunnicle): 7 kilos of death :inlove
Loves mice and birds though I feed him well! Cats amaze me- lightning speed and reflexes, amazing flexibility, yet loving and have little personalities of their own.

Attachments

• BunBun.jpg
    BunBun.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: island_sands
We have a spur thigh tortoise who lives with us,its the only pet i could allow my 2 1/2 year old daughter near, its got armour plate and can retract all sticking out bits so its safe from her. i would post a pic but she is burried somewhere in the garden hibernating(The Tortoise), well at least i hope she is, will find out in march when she comes back to life.

My list of pets...three dogs, one barn cat,six horses,three Japanese Koi, one gar, one parakeet, two mallard ducks, two daughters(ages 9 and 12) and one wild wife (still trying to tame the wife after 15 years, the daughters are house broken,thats about it).

i had a little colour point persian cat called holly she was the most intelligent pet ive ever known she whent missing a couple of years ago when we were abroad mum in law managed to let her go missing my wife was heartbroken .
last year we had a bichon frise i mistakenly listened to my wife and bought him he was a lovely dog but he was on his own of a day when i was working and they are terribly anxious by nature . he was always getting in to trouble with my little girl nipping at her and she as as bad mauling him and hurting him so i did the decent thing . a friend of mine who has three older children 12 ,13, 15 were looking for a bichon so they,ve adopted him just wish i was home more so thats me and pets for now

Just lost my little blue budgie last night :( Still have the green one.

the one pet i would like is a cat but just dont know what to do
i may get dogs again when ive got a bit of land for them but untill then no chance

There seems to be a bit of sadness on this thread, I guess it is the price you pay for loving a relatively short lived pet..
Unfortunately I can add a little sadness too, our little house ferret Mini'me died last week too. She was almost 8 years old but had adrenal disease that meant she lost all her fur & to anyone else looked like something from a horror film.
God bless Mini'me.

We've got a Bengal cat called Leo. I found one of his "presents" the other day. It was a big rotting, stinking rat that was stuck under the sofa. Its good to know he loves us.:)

' I guess it is the price you pay for loving a relatively short lived pet..'

When I first became interested in birds, a friend in Hilo made a comment about never having a pet that wouldn't out live him. I didn't really understand then. I do now.

I read two stories about Amazon parrots that were passed from mother to daughter for four and five generations. The one that died a few years ago had the documentation to prove that he lived to be over a hundred.

I met Ausi (the Cockatoo that owns me) about 25 years ago when my daughter rescued him and I hope he becomes her favorite pet again after she retires. In the meanwhile this old man can sit on a park bench and talk without having to put up with insults from strangers. Talking to a pet is acceptable.

Reactions: shoutatthesky
Sad to read about some of your recent loses.

Two cats for us, Bob and Bella, rescued mother and son. Bob weighs in a a healthy 18lbs, he's not fat though, just big boned, and likes showing off his tackle:

Attachments

• P8040577.JPG
    P8040577.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 155
  • PA160013.JPG
    PA160013.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 154
  • All3crp.jpg
    All3crp.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
he's not fat though, just big boned, and likes showing off his tackle:

I know the feeling only to well mate.:):):)

Condolences for all the recent loss’s and yes I do know what it’s like to loose a “friend” as a few years back I lost my gun dog Brno, a bloody great black Lab and I’ve not been able to care for another pet since.

Sue - crazy about water and tennis balls:)

Attachments

• sue lying mouth.JPG
    sue lying mouth.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
while not really "my" pet, this is my little buddy at work, she lives in our hanger and eats mice. follows me around all day... her name is "Stinkerbell" or just Stinky...

Stinky%20the%20Cat%20small%201.jpg

Last edited:
I am the fortunte owner of a boerbull ridgeback cross, an afrikanis hunting dog/pavement special, a short scruffy dog that arrived last week after a storm, two cats that kill everything and four crazy chickens that chase all the above animals and lay lovely eggs.

Do you know Eric, I have always kept some type of pet & I think ferrets are one of the best. They have individual characters but generally the females are really naughty & the males slightly less so!!!
They really do demand your attention.
A bored ferret can be a real pain, they wont leave you be until you give them some fun.
When I was a boy I kept ferrets in small boxes & fed them bread & milk - in other words torchered them to a slow death, for my penance I have since rescued four of the little devils & pampered them to the best life I could offer.
They lived in my house with one sleeping in the draw under the bed & two sleeping under an arm chair, the forth one slept in a different place most nights.
Crazy fun creatures that just seem to love life, love life that is when they are awake because a ferret will happily sleep for 21 hours a day!
http://forums.deeperblue.com/attachments/hunting-equipment/10224d1156362312-seac-asso-

Those are beautiful, foxfish. I am a terrible commitment-phobe and my cats have fit into my model of responsibility so far! But I really am looking at ferrets, researching and considering. They look so happy and playful :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT