• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PETS: wot you got?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Cats & ferrets get on fine, well at least they do from my experience.
Ferrets do smell a bit though, to be honest if you wash their bedding (sheets or blankets) every few days & use a nice conditioner in the washing machine then they will smell as sweet as a nut but if you leave it to long they do have a distinct odour.
Young female ferrets are a bit of a "mans pet" as they do play quite hard, they can sneak up on you & bite a bare toe for instance, this normally give the ferret what it wants IE you chasing it around the room while it does a crazy ferret war dance. rofl

Reactions: Erik
I have a cat, just like Colin's, a golden retriever and a fish. (and 2 kids, if they count, haha)

Sure you can, all my ferrets were rescued, they had been kept by hunters in small dirty boxes living an awful existence. (no offence to hunters as some really do look after there ferrets)
Within days they were using a litter tray - ok I had litter trays every where & there were some accidents but three of them learnt fairly quickly, one was always a bit hit & miss!
I had all of them "done" by the vet & this made a big difference to their personal higiene, boy did those boys stink before the operation!!!
After about 6 months all my ferrets used their trays.
Ferrets are the third most popular pet kept in the United States & I believe the stock they breed from has been carefully selected for may generations. These American ferrets are even easier to house train & generally well behaved, our English ferrets might be a wee bit more feisty but still make fun pets.
After saying all I have it should be pointed out that ferrets even though they sleep for 20+ hours a day are very demanding when awake. Seriously they are extremely playful & demanding of you attention.

at one point i had 4 belgian malinois, 2 chinchillas, 1 falcon, 1 teacup chihuahua, and a crocodile.
currently im away at college, so all thats left is my brother's chihuahua

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Weimaraner.

He was 9 months old when we got him and we were his third owners!

They demand alot of attention and can be very distructive if left alone for a long time.

They will also eat anything then can get hold of...last week he ate 2 packets of Mcoys crisps,a loaf of bread and 6 gala apples.

We also have a horse,3 Guinea Pigs a Hamster and 3 Stick Insects.

Forgot to add a picture of the dog

Attachments

• 100_5308.jpg
    100_5308.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: foxfish
I just love that dog, we have a few over here they look like body building dogs especially when they run.

at one point i had 4 belgian malinois, 2 chinchillas, 1 falcon, 1 teacup chihuahua, and a crocodile.

Strewth I would be arrested for owning at least two of those!

Mishu, you gota tell us more about the Crocodile, I mean what a pet!!!:):):)

lol the croc was fun. pesky little thing. owned him for three months till i had to give it away. he tried to eat the chihuahua on more than one occasion. we had to feed him daily so that he would be less agressive

What??? How do you get a permit for that? (crocodile)

sands: lol... permit.... hahha.. man i had that in kuwait. you dont need a permit. bes part, when i first bought the croc, it only cost me $30. GOTA LOVE THE FRIDAY MARKET

Podge: pics are somewhere in my picture album back home in kuwait. next break i get from uni il try to look for them

Reactions: island_sands
sands: lol... permit.... hahha.. man i had that in kuwait. you dont need a permit. bes part, when i first bought the croc, it only cost me $30. GOTA LOVE THE FRIDAY MARKET

Podge: pics are somewhere in my picture album back home in kuwait. next break i get from uni il try to look for them

you bought it in the Friday market/?? LOL!!! rofl rofl rofl

where can i get me one of those(crocodile) it will stop the kids nagging for new stuff if they can't get into the kitchen to ask in the first place yeah yeah,hasn't xmas just finished or is it me,oh! the true meaning of ankle biters!! i have two ferrets called mo & curly,contrary to belief they don't smell it just depends on what you feed them,like children,oops sorry only joking,no iam really,ok maybe only the smaller ones hehe

Last edited:
Reactions: jay cluskey
Today we went to the local animal rescue center to play with their ferrets, the good news was there were only 5 in at the moment the bad new was there were only 5 to play with!
Still great fun, you can see the bottle of ferretone, ferretone was developed as a training aid, they just cant resist it & will do virtually anything to get at it. In fact the little blighters managed to get the lid off & spill half the bottle, thats what they are concentrating on in the second pic!

Attachments

• P1040446_001.JPG
    P1040446_001.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 165
  • P1040448.JPG
    P1040448.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 166
i 've got a 172 pound japanese (tosa inu) mastiff named titan that thinks he is a tiny lap dog cant swim tends to swim like he is climbing a ladder and hates baths you try getting a 172 pound dog into a bathtub let alone anywere near him with the garden hose,and doesnt like it when girlfriends try to take his side of the bed.

What a Dog, came across this and I thought I’d share as it did make me smile.

Dog For Sale
* Free to good home.
* Excellent guard dog.
* Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore, as there are no more thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighbourhood for him to eat.
* Most of them knew him as 'Holy Shit.'

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT