• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rocket monofin?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
So we see it from the monofin pic, that the right email is rocketfin (at) ukr.net. It seems to be a real email adress.
Really nice monofin!

rocketfin (at) ukr.net
Yes it was the right email adress. I asked some details and got the answer just a few hours later !

Something that might interest freedivers, some parts of the answer from Rocketfin:

"Hello! Glad to hear new people :)
We ,made a monofin for everything. At first We start make a monofins only for finswimming (about 5 years ago) but now We made a monofins for:
freediving,finswimming,orientiering,lifesawing and active rest.

Well, We have different kind of stifnes from very soft (No.1) to a very strong (No.6), different sizes is not a problem for Us, We do it from 35(220) to 48(330), the angles We use for making monofins is individual for everybody, You just need to tell what do You need!

The usual price is 675$(this is standard price for everybody all around the world)+shipping(its depend from count of fins from 50 till 150$, the first kilogram is expansive and then every next kg is cheap).
..."

Really sounds that they can make good and nice monofins also for freediving.

The price is high. It must be really good monofin (and it's obviosly is), bacause so many finswimmers have it altought it's so expensive. Euro is now 1,5 USdollars, so the price is 675$=450€ + shipping 50-150$= 35-100€. So total about 750-800$ to US and 500€ to Europe. There can be customs, too. Ukraine is not in EU.

The footpocket size numbering is almost sure very tight for freedivers because it seems to be suitable(=very thight) for finswimmers. So freedivers should take a bigger size. If 330 mm is for a 48 finswimmer, it might be suitable for a 44-46 freediver. But that's only a guess based on other monofins. There are very small ones, too, like 220 mm (!). For junior finswimmers, i think.

Anyway it's a very good thing to known there are several top-class monofins in the market. "Rocket-service" seems to be much better than with e.g. Russian Hyperfin. Rocket monofin comes from the same country as WaterWay Glide, and Triton, which have a good customer service and high monofin quality.

BTW what is active rest with a monofin? :D
Recreational freediving, maybe?
Finswimming is so hard sport that that kind of moving would be rest for a finswimmer.

Last edited:
Active rest maybe the glide between the kick and glide, the body is not working but we are still moving through the water?

DD

I found in my pic library an other nice pic of the rocketfin ;-)
[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/15647927@N08/3500917183/"]DSCN5578 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3298/3500917183_8f7e1d52af_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@3500917183@@AMEPARAM@@8f7e1d52af[/ame]

I think active rest is refering to swimmers who use them to train butterfly and breaststoke so they can practice without burning out legs prior to comps

Looks like a nice fin !
I could be wrong but it's possible the footpocket is made of 2 pieces, almost like the angle built up part is separate to the footpocket part then glued together. If that was the case it's pretty smart because you could make custom angles pretty easily. ie just cutting/sanding the angle before you glue the 2 pieces together.

The Lamination/layering looks pretty standard to me, Waterway have been using a similar pattern for at least 10+ years.

Cheers,
Wal

yep i dont think the blade lamination is much different i was speaking to max from triton about it and he was saying that most of the ukranian manufacturers speak together regarding fin development which would explain why many fins are very similar.

i know Rocket and triton speak together refularly and maybe water way too.

hey Wal you interested in a new fin???? Watts and i are prob placing an order in January.

DD

OK SOOOO

AUSTRALIAN GROUP BUY ON ROCKETFINS!!!!!!

WHOS IN!

DIVINGDANE YES
WATTS YES
BENNYB BEST BE A YES OR I"M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS
WALRUS AS above

hahahahah

DD

Yeaa, I got my Rocketfin last Friday. It is a real beauty. from all fins I had had the Rocketfin it is that one with the nicest building quality. (I had had or rather still have: 1GlideFin, 3 Flyer, 2 Model2, 1Leaderfin Hyper, 2 Chen Bin, 1 Hyperfin from Hyperfins, oh yes an one Finis Rapis ;-D )
The instep into the foot pockets are smooth and supple. During swimming the feet stuck very tight in the foot pocket, very efficient as I think. The only bad think about the foot pocket is, it is not so easy to step out of them ;-)
The blade moves smooth as well. although in my opinion not better or worse than that one from my loved Flyer:inlove. I'm not sure, but I could imagine if there would be only one blade producer for several fin brands like Waterway, Rocketfin and Starfin.
I'm very happy with the fin. I have to adapt a little bit my style to the fin, as I'm accustomed to the Flyer, but I thin soon I will achieve a new personal best.
By the way. What I was really surprised, I get the fin 11 days after ordering. that is just WOW! :))
4346345247_3d844cbbd3.jpg

4346344765_a2c52e354e.jpg

Regarding finswimming: have a look to http://www.fin-city.com/ ;-)

Last edited:
Hi Martin,

What stiffness blade did you get? Did you order the same footpocket size as your shoe size? My last two fins were hyperfin style with a relatively soft blade and i'm thinking about upgrading to a medium stiffness Rocketfin now.

Cheers,
Ben

@Ben
I have 42 and ordered 42 but it is more a 41 or 40.5. It is a little bit short, but still ok.

Regarding the stiffness. Well I'm not a freediver anymore, I compete in finswimming mainly in 50 and 100m races. So I get a stiff, very stiff blade :)
The blade is great for 50m.
For DYN I would recommend a 800 - 1500m blade for CWT maybe a 200m or 800m blade is not so bad.
If you like to wear the fin for longer than 15minutes is would recommend shoe size +2 :)
regards
Martin

Last edited:
Reactions: BennyB
Looks a bit smaller than the other fins. Did you ask for the edges chopped like that or is that standard? Nice fin collection.

Nat

Looks a bit smaller than the other fins. Did you ask for the edges chopped like that or is that standard? Nice fin collection.

Nat

This may be deceiving due to chopped edges. If You look at the hardwood floor pattern - fin is as wide as other fins - 4,25 squares on floor. It is just slightly shorter
But it looks very nice, I was just about to order Glide, now I am stumped again

Last edited:
The rocket is a little bit wider than the Glide, just ~1cm
It is a standard fin, the cooped edges are standard on most high performance finswimming fins.
By the way, the Gilde is 4 years old, newer Glidefins loock a bit different.

hmmmmm very nice looking fin, i;m guessing the other black blade is the Glide and the the other fin is your Hyper by Hyperfins?

build quality does look nice, thanks for the heads up on the foot sizing.

is your Rocketfin the Imserion or the surface fin.... apparently there is a difference between the 2 models, do you know what the difference is?

DD

As far a I know there is just one rocketfin model. No difference between surface and immersion.
But Rocket is building as well some fins in Flyer style and in simple style. But I never held such one in hands, just saw some pics.

Rockefim website up and running today.

www.rockfin.com.ua

plenty of different fins, inculding DIVING fin and finswimming hyper, spoke to the guys and they do one fin for imersion and one for finswimming.

they even have Rockefin pockets on Bifins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT