• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rocket monofin?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Also Victor I'll recommend to you to do a freediving course, so as to understand better what a freediver wants in a monofin. Which is different from what a monofin swimmer wants.

Off cause you can start you research here on Deeperblue, by reading through the monofin topics.

I hope you'll have many happy customers.
Are you doing sponsorships?
Are you providing fins for review?

Love, Courage and Water!

Kars

ps. many people here are pretty knowledgeable about monofins and are using them for years, so feel free to answer in techical details.

Last edited:
Hi Victor,

I'll second Dave's suggestion of getting some fins down to Long Island, Bahamas for the Vertical Blue competition in Dean's Blue Hole. Your contact there would be Will Trubridge - who is also an excellent person to evaluate your fins. Will's site is: Freediving Team - Vertical Blue Freediving Apnea Academy

Here is a link to a description of the competition this April - You should definitely get some fins there!!

http://www.verticalblue.net/news/

Also - I suggest getting your fins into the hands of some non-competition divers. Recreational divers have a different set of criteria than competitive divers. For example - I often wear my fins for 4 or even 6 hours at a time and subject them to extreme temperatures. Getting some open water divers to put some serious time and distance on your fins can get you valuable feedback to help meet the needs of the recreational market.

Last edited:
Also - I suggest getting your fins into the hands of some non-competition divers. Recreational divers have a different set of criteria than competitive divers. For example - I often wear my fins for 4 or even 6 hours at a time and subject them to extreme temperatures. Getting some open water divers to put some serious time and distance on your fins can get you valuable feedback to help meet the needs of the recreational market.

Yeah where do we find such person(s) ;) LOL

From 15.april there will be more(?) than 60 freedivers competing in the Bizzy Blue Hole competition. That`s probably a good time to promote your fin. Maybe you could even take a few orders and deliver the fins in Dahab?
Bjarte
OK, We will make it

Also Victor I'll recommend to you to do a freediving course, so as to understand better what a freediver wants in a monofin. Which is different from what a monofin swimmer wants.

Off cause you can start you research here on Deeperblue, by reading through the monofin topics.

I hope you'll have many happy customers.
Are you doing sponsorships?
Are you providing fins for review?

Love, Courage and Water!

Kars

ps. many people here are pretty knowledgeable about monofins and are using them for years, so feel free to answer in techical details.

Hi Kars. Thanks for the tips. We working much years and have good experience in finduilding, and I think the main things in all kind of fins is they must have pefect kicks and comfort shoes, exactly for freediving. Our fins have more then this, they have neutral balance (fins does not take You up or down ) so You have absolutely control of Your position in water and dont need to loose much power to balance!

Hi Victor,

I'll second Dave's suggestion of getting some fins down to Long Island, Bahamas for the Vertical Blue competition in Dean's Blue Hole. Your contact there would be Will Trubridge - who is also an excellent person to evaluate your fins. Will's site is: Freediving Team - Vertical Blue Freediving Apnea Academy

Here is a link to a description of the competition this April - You should definitely get some fins there!!

William Trubridge News

Thanks a lot, I will thinking about it. Its really important tip!
Thanks;)

Well fins ordered yesterday!, now just the agonising wait until they arrive on the other side of the world here in Australia.

BennyB and myself have got a fin coming each. look forward to trying them out and hopefully setting some PB's in Egypt in May!

DD

Oh boy! Time to spend more money!!
Couldn't have said it better!

Hi Viktor -I am the other person getting the fin with Bjorn in Australia. I have had Kershkov and Hyperfin monofins before, i'm very much looking forward to seeing the Rocketfin.

Cheers,
Ben

Couldn't have said it better!

Hi Viktor -I am the other person getting the fin with Bjorn in Australia. I have had Kershkov and Hyperfin monofins before, i'm very much looking forward to seeing the Rocketfin.

Cheers,
Ben
Ok, soon You`ve get it!
Promise, You will surprised;)
Regards

Not yet mate, they should be just about made by now and be sent soon, probably a couple more weeks.

I've lost quite a lot of weight since I ordered the fin so it will be interesting to see how that impacts how I use the fin...

Cheers,
Ben

This sunday I want to send it to You;)
Please tell Me will You in Dahab in the end of april?
cheers

Hi Viktor,

That's great news on the fin, I look forward to receiving it!

I will not be Dahab, Bjorn (DivingDane) will be there sometime around the beginning of June I think, but I am not sure of his dates.

My only travels this year will be in Greece in June to compete here: Welcome to the 3rd Mediterranean Freediving World Cup

I'm looking forward to testing the new fin in this comp!

Cheers,
Ben

I may be able to get a STARFIN has anyone tried one of these or is it just the same as a rocketfin?
Nat

I may be able to get a STARFIN has anyone tried one of these or is it just the same as a rocketfin?
Nat
Starfin ia a non legal copy of Rocketfin !!! The quality is not bed but work this fin is very-very poor.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT