• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rocket monofin?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
They seems to have great service: quick answering to emails and now excelent web pages with many top products :)
Surely top quality, but you must pay for it (the Dive RocketFin mono is more expensive than other monofins, excl. Lunocet).

Here are their Freediving products:
Rocketfin - Freediving

A Dive RocketFin seems to have a large wing made of soft material (looks like it), and the footpocket material is maybe soft too. So it might have a big buoyancy change in deep diving. But in the other hand the monofin is not heavy as a wing monofin (it's just 3-3,5 kg), which can reduce the problem. In the third hand (if you have one...): If/when you ask a 20-30 degree mono, it's surely heavier with more (soft) material...

They have Bi-fins too:
Rocketfin - Hunter Pro (blades)

Rocketfin - Rocket bi-fins
This is something NEW :cool: For freediving your can maybe get (ask) a longer blade, but is it a good fin then if it is done for another purpose?

Rocketfin - Dolfin fins
For training, probably come from another manufactor, WaterWay or Russia? I've just similar ones and they are really good for training.

Last edited:
They told from the RocketFin company, that they need to do much paperwork (registrations etc) in Ukraine, before they can show prices on the web.
So they told to ask prices directly from them.

I am just Peter for now but I should be PeterPan soon, I was promised I'll fly:)

Below is partial message I got from Igor Rocketfin

"Hello Piotr. Thanks for Your latter. Can You give me a link of DeeperBlue forum?
Ok, We will make Your fin as best as We can, You will fly!
I think stiffness number 3 is perfect for You. Cheaper to send the mono to Poland, about 60 euro..."

He didn't know of DB till now so I sent him link as he asked.
Hopefully he will join this discussion soon, maybe with super discount for DB:)
I got preetty sweet deal, still quite expensive but I am sure this fin is worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
sweet deal ah? how sweet is sweet? he did me a bit of a deal on 3 fins but not as much as i expected?

DD

So is the sweet deal to Europe:
600$ (440 €)
+ shipping 40-60 €
+ customs 3-5 % (Ukraine->EU, our Glide came via Customs)
+ Eurotaxes about 20 % depending on the country
?

RocketFin's sweet deal is a starting sale for freedivers, as far as I know.
The normal price for Dive RocketFin is 675 $= about 500 € (now).

So the total cost to Europe might be from about 600 € (sweet starting sale deal) up to 700 € (normal price with full customs, taxes and shipping).

Normally, if you buy somewhere several monos in the same time (like 5 monos from WaterWay), you can get a cheaper price and ofcourse reduce shipping costs. Let's hope that RocketFin use this kind of deal, too.

Last edited:
Hi for everybody. My name is Viktor Panev from Rocketfin. I`m heard that this topic is very hot for now, so I`m glad to introduce for Your attention Our products. Please You can ask Me anything, I will reply to You with joy

Hi Viktor and Wellcome to DeeperBlue!
It's really good to get information direct from you to this forum :)

The first question:
Monofins with 20-30 degrees angle between blade and footpocket are becoming popular among freedivers. I've tested a new 30 degree WW Glide, it's better for freediving than the standard Glide. I've seen some weeks ago new Russian monofins with a big angle, too. Those Russian angle monofins have a buoyancy (floating) problem (needs extra weights to monofins), but "the big angle Glide" is ok, it has a good balance.

So is possible to get DIVE RocketFin with a bigger angle, like 20-30 degrees, and how will you make this bigger angle?
How about the balance and buoyancy?

Last edited:
Hi Viktor and Wellcome to DeeperBlue!
It's really good to get information direct from you to this forum :)

The first question:
Monofins with 20-30 degrees angle between blade and footpocket are becoming popular among freedivers. I've tested a new 30 degree WW Glide, it's better for freediving than the standard Glide. I've seen some weeks ago new Russian monofins with a big angle, too.

So is possible to get DIVE RocketFin with a bigger angle, like 20-30 degrees, and how will you make this bigger angle?

Yes, the monofins with angle is much better as usual fins, it is technology of future .Of course its possible to make an angle for 20-30 and even more (if You need some) But best one is You asking for, it is anatomicaly degree that make a line with legs...it is like a continues of Your body!

Hi Viktor

great to have you on DeeperBlue!

look forward to using your fins soon.

DD

So is the sweet deal to Europe:
600$ (440 €)
+ shipping 40-60 €
+ customs 3-5 % (Ukraine->EU, our Glide came via Customs)
+ Eurotaxes about 20 % depending on the country
?

RocketFin's sweet deal is a starting sale for freedivers, as far as I know.
The normal price for Dive RocketFin is 675 $= about 500 € (now).

So the total cost to Europe might be from about 600 € (sweet starting sale deal) up to 700 € (normal price with full customs, taxes and shipping).

Normally, if you buy somewhere several monos in the same time (like 5 monos from WaterWay), you can get a cheaper price and ofcourse reduce shipping costs. Let's hope that RocketFin use this kind of deal, too.

ABout the total ptice, Timo is nothing like You told. Usual full amount is about 500-550euro with shipping, taxes and etc!!! But after You recieve the fin You understand for what You pay probably little more then other fins. By the way, We want to come for some freediveng competition and bring fins there, in this case You can keep some money or shipping and fin will cost for You about 450euro only!!
Please, can somebody tell Me when the next international competition You have participate, I heard Egypt?

You can see the calendar of the planned AIDA competitions here:

APNEA.cz - Ranking

And if you want to promote your fins, you can use the recent offer of free advertising at APNEA.cz described here: http://forums.deeperblue.com/goods-sale/85752-not-sale-free-instead.html or here APNEA.cz - Advertisement Statistics and Management

You can have your advertisement banner(s) displayed to freediving visitors up to 400,000 times per month. Well, in case of a free banner, the number is currently at 12,700 banner impressions per month for each advertiser (and it will sink with the growing number of advertisers), but I believe it is still a pretty good visibility for no money at all.

Nice the hear that it is cheaper than I calculated (or was afraid of) :)

Next World Championships are in Japan in June-July, so it's a little far away...
In Egypt Dahab and in Greece there will be deep diving competitions, and there will be freedivers from many countries.

More details you will find from AIDA and Apnea.cz Competition Calenders, see trux's link.

Last edited:
I've just added many other competitions to the list. Namely those that are not (yet) on the official AIDA Calendar. So far there are 24 coming competitions on the list for this year. And there will be certainly many more, since new announcements continue flooding in.

APNEA.cz - Ranking

Thanks a lot guys ;)
One of Us will come to Dahab for sure and maybe or some other competition. Tell Me please where better to go to promote Our fins and meet You.

Last edited:
From 15.april there will be more(?) than 60 freedivers competing in the Bizzy Blue Hole competition. That`s probably a good time to promote your fin. Maybe you could even take a few orders and deliver the fins in Dahab?
Bjarte

hi Viktor i'll be in Dahab just after Busy Blue Hole in Dahab 9thats what i am buying my fin from you for, hopefully to set a couple of new persoanl bests.

i think the Vertical Blue comp in the bahamas is the strongest comp as far as performance but Dahab and Greece for worlds in June would be the easiest options with lot of athletes around.

DD

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT