• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rubber Peeing!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Have you ever piddled into your wet suit?!

• Yes, if there is no other possibility!

Votes: 75 37.9%
  • Peeing is fun! I water my suit regularly...

Votes: 104 52.5%
  • No, never! I would rather die!

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
Originally posted by icarus pacific
bunghole 98.6F + water here 45 F.

Do the math.
*mumble mumble* ... considering plancks constant... ..... Sven weighs as much as two feathers on the moons of Jupiter... *mumble mumble*

Its gonna be an exothermic reaction?:t
And redefine the diving term "steamer"?:D

In my opinion, if you are looking for some serious funk, pee and sweat dont even come close to two day old fish slime. If you cant find dettol, there's a very similar product out there called savlon, i think its made by J&J.

Brad, about doin the number 2, or aqua turd as we call it here, all i can say is that desperate times call for desperate measures. Desperate being when you are shore diving 500m from the beach, never mind the closest toilet, with a touch of gypo-guts! added to that the fact that gas doubles its relative volume in the last 10m, the term shallow water brownout takes on a whole new meaning. I managed to avoid the SWB, but had to show the dolphins the wrong kind of turtle.
the biggest problem is trying not to drown while taking off your hooded jacket :blackeye

Urinate - if you had bigger breasts you'd be a ten!!

I'm one of those that pee's and is proud, however, one thing that does sit in the back of my mind whenever I do this, how much truth is there in the theory that the ammonia in urine attracts sharks?

This can be a good or bad thing, good - get to see sharks, bad - sharks think you're decaying fish, i.e. food!!

Originally posted by ZAStretch
Urinate - if you had bigger breasts you'd be a ten!!

I'm one of those that pee's and is proud, however, one thing that does sit in the back of my mind whenever I do this, how much truth is there in the theory that the ammonia in urine attracts sharks?

This can be a good or bad thing, good - get to see sharks, bad - sharks think you're decaying fish, i.e. food!!

I thought that jelly fish were attracted:confused:

For all of you cold water divers. Please be assured that the warmth given by the pee is only temporary. I always used to get cold after two hours in the water so I bought a new Cressi supercomp. I still found I had the same problem. A friend told me that the pee is trapped in the suit and gets cold from the surrounding water. This cold liquid inside the suit makes your body temp drop real fast.

Now every time I pee in the suit I get up on the boat and let it drain out the bottom. I can now spend over 4 hours in the water and am still toasty warm.

:D

I can guess that you haven't dived in stoney in the middle of march then, When any warmth no matter how small is very welcome!:p

we have alternative ways of keeping warm up north...

we call them girlfriends (or Harbor Sluts - depends where you dive) They Work great before and after dives. they protest a bit when you try to take them on the dive though...

Beats Argon! :D

Willer

:confused:

This thread reminds me of high school swimming, when I overheard one varsity swimmer telling another 'pee in the diving pool, everybody else does'.

Since the Cressi Supercomp is so dry, does it ever cause suit squeeze?

To Tell:

Thinking Of Tightness Effecting Later Life

Guess you don't need to :D (And I know I used the wrong effect... :p)

Pretty much just for future reference. I want a suit that will keep me warm, but not be so watertight that I need to pee in it to make it comfortable.

But anyways, I want to know! If my new wetsuit doesn't work out, I will need to find one that does. You know, lifting weights, jogging :duh.

Don't mind me.

rubber p

Thanks guys, this thread provided my daily belly laugh, what a hoot!!!! I don't believe for a second that there is any physiologicly normal person out there that doesn't pee in his (her) suit . Well, maybe the guys with the extra vent.

Thanks also to the science minded, I always wondered why I needed to go so often after being in the water for a while.

Thanxalot!

Well, thank you guys for so many posts and important information on that topic!

It really really made me laugh! The outcoming of the poll was a bit surprising to me, as I postet a similar poll on our local diving forum www.karawankentaucher.net in Austria. Only 9 percent of the participants confessed to pee into their wetsuits - strange, isn't it ...?

...not without consequences

I was sound asleep tonight after a good dive and a big carne asada burrito & cold one when my wife climbed into bed. After a brief goodnight kiss I start hearing this really loud sniffing - the kind a kid might do when smelling moms cookies.
But this was different. I was startled to here "whats that f$#@ing smell" and then , "you smell like a skunk sh%t" Man....no nookie tonight.
I had forgotten to shower after my dive, and after 5 days of consecutive dives things had gotten pretty bad, I guess.
11:30 at night, and I am literally forced out of bed and into the shower. It made me wish I was a kid again.
The funny thing is that I took the time to thuroughly rinse my equipment, but hadnt even considered myself.

Later,
Adam

Well seeing as my songs thread died, I guess I'll have to sing in someone elses :D Think of 'elevation' by u2...

Urination

Warm, warmer than the sun,
You hold on to your gun,
I need you to urinate in here.
A twist of your hips,
You pucker your lips,
And strain,
You desecrate your suit.

You've got no self control,
Deep diving down a hole now,
Relief now, urination.
Warmer now, in your suit,
You make me feel I can stay so long,
Urination.

So cold, just like you're feeling to old,
Strung out so I'm told,
Explain all these feelings,
That make my stomach start reeling,
The goal is urination.

A shark, swimming in the dark,
Swimming near my site now,
Don't drown, urination,
Urination.

Pee, stop me feeling so blue,
Just don't do a number two,
The ocean aint a loo.

A shark, swimming in the dark,
Swimming near my site now,
Don't drown, urination,
Urination.

Urination, urination, urination, urination.

yes master, you know the ways of the force

The burrito kicked in after the shower, and my wife, who happens to Mexican was (at this point) speaking to me only in espanol. This action in similar to hearing your old man call you by first, middle, and last names - you know your busted. She obviously does not appreciate the dutch oven ( apologies ) as I do.

Seriously, I left the room and read my new Surfer mag for about an hour and a half until she was asleep and snuck back in.

I really wish there had been a hidden camera to capture this entire incident

Adam

Reactions: rigdvr
Sounds like you'd fit in in Mississippi pretty well...wait a second, you probably read above a third grade level. Nevermind:D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT