• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rubber Peeing!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Have you ever piddled into your wet suit?!

• Yes, if there is no other possibility!

Votes: 75 37.9%
  • Peeing is fun! I water my suit regularly...

Votes: 104 52.5%
  • No, never! I would rather die!

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
no jalapeno in da taco

Well you can look at it this way... she says, "nada", you not gonna be a dada... ;)

sven

I cant beleive you guys are still going on about this:naughty

semidry ...

recently i went wreckdiving. we got to the wreck on a small boat without a toilet and it took more than 3 hours to get there. it was very very hot, so i drank loads of juice. as the water was not that warm i used my semi-dry suit. when i got out of the water my last loo trip was 5h ago. i nearly exploded and i can tell you, that's a mess with that suit ... but i was not the only person - every single diver had the same problem - so one started to handle himself over to a small platform to get rid of the nasty liquid. what a pleasure - everyone followed his example - everyone? no not really - still there was a girl on the boat ... hahaha and i don't think she enjoyed the 3h boattrip back, while watching ...

kinda dont get it! been diving for 20 odd years, surfing for 28, and one of the great pleasures on a cold day in the water is letting it go. :inlove great pleasure! the stuff is sterile. just dont drink coffee or eat asparagus before hand.

Reactions: bobbybuttr
class IS in session

You can add onions to that list, but nothing has stopped me from relieving myself in my suit so far. Except #2.
Later
Hawk

Rubber Outgassing

Originally posted by icarus pacific
Pass on the burrito the night before in other words...

Well, not to be sophomoric Sven, but I think THAT would have MUCH more to do with bouyancy issues than warmth or odor.....

On second thought, scratch the "odor" part.....

rofl

Bret

I think peeing in your wetsuit is one of the greatest gifts given to a diver. Lets be honest - there is just something about that terrible deco hang that makes peeing in your suit a necessity. It sure beats crossing your legs all day. However, I do believe in "peeing friendly" - down current from your friends and make sure to rinse out before you get out of that suit on the boat!!!! ;)

Sorry nothing better than the smel of a soaked suit!!!!

just take a look at faces of the surroundin crowd watching you struggle your way out that stinking body armour. Welcome back from the sewer. Honey i´m HOME

Just cant help it´s. The water get´s to my bladder at least once every dive.

Originally posted by jensen
Sorry nothing better than the smel of a soaked suit!!!!

just take a look at faces of the surroundin crowd watching you struggle your way out that stinking body armour. Welcome back from the sewer. Honey i´m HOME

:yack YUCK!!! :yack

Thanks for sharing :D

Friend of mine has his own boat and takes scuba divers out and drops 'em on wrecks. I was privileged enough to accompany him on one of his most recent trips.

During the pre-dive briefing, he casually mentioned, "Anyone who wants to pee in their wetsuit, that's their business, but they will remove the wetsuit BEFORE getting back aboard."

PS It was a co-ed boat.........

Reactions: bobbybuttr
Originally posted by FreeFloat
Friend of mine has his own boat and takes scuba divers out and drops 'em on wrecks. I was privileged enough to accompany him on one of his most recent trips.

During the pre-dive briefing, he casually mentioned, "Anyone who wants to pee in their wetsuit, that's their business, but they will remove the wetsuit BEFORE getting back aboard."

PS It was a co-ed boat.........

:eek: --A caution to those who dive sans Speedo!

I've always (in my surfing and freediving) worn a full suit, sometimes reffered to as a "overall." After urinating I pull out on the collar and let a rush of water flow through the suit and out at the ankles (maybe a little is left in booties). What little that doesn't flush out then at least is diluted with sea water. The water here in winter gets to about 55 f so it's not always very comfortable to do that, but for the most part it's almost always refreshing. In winter I wear 3-4mm full suits with seperate booties and hood (only, no vest) and a propeline rash guard which adds about 1mm of warmth. Yes, when I first enter the water in the winter I want my suit to be water tight to get over the initial shock but after I've swam a bit I generally welcome the water into my suit. After all it's a wetsuit. I understand my No Cal, Canadien and No Euros peers may not have this option. And I understand that as I dive deeper and evolve into more of strictly a freediver, the need for the more specialized LJ/hooded jacket type freediving may become paramount.

In fact I'll be picking up a Picasso or Eliossub LJ/hooded jacket type suit soon and I may decide to do something similar to Virgil's "bec de canard," though I think I'll call mine a :confused:"codpiece" and make it a bit less... prominent, shall we say, in order to ensure my safety on So Cals' sometimes macho/puritan beaches:blackeye! Seriously though, I think Virgils is a good a idea and I'm even thinking of a feasible female version (of course I am:D). This could end up as either a good idea/business venture or more likely... a future post about a misguided newbie cutting a hole in his new $400 wetsuit!rofl

Man, I heard of boats and dive organizations not letting you take an ice chest, not letting you dive without a buddy, and even one that will cut you off from diving for the rest of the day if you come back to the boat with less than 500lbs of air in your tank. But a boat that won't let you pee in your wetsuit?????

I'd like to see them smell up the bottom of my wetsuit leg to make sure I haven't :D

posted by Kim Eslinger -- I think peeing in your wetsuit is one of the greatest gifts given to a diver. Lets be honest - there is just something about that terrible deco hang that makes peeing in your suit a necessity.

What a philosophy, the woman of my dreams. :inlove

Last edited:
Ok, so a lot of us will pee in there wetsuit.
But does this mean that you will happily pee in the bath or showerrofl

if so is this a :ycard or :rcard type of thing.

and why in the hell did I just ask that question!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsk tsk tsk Sharky

Originally posted by Sharky
Ok, so a lot of us will pee in there wetsuit.
But does this mean that you will happily pee in the bath or showerrofl

if so is this a :ycard or :rcard type of thing.

and why in the hell did I just ask that question!!!!!!!!!!!

I would assume that you had taken parts of your tag line a bit too seriously and it was NOT the part about diving safe! rofl

Bret

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT