• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rubber Peeing!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Have you ever piddled into your wet suit?!

• Yes, if there is no other possibility!

Votes: 75 37.9%
  • Peeing is fun! I water my suit regularly...

Votes: 104 52.5%
  • No, never! I would rather die!

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
Funny thing, in the Winter, I actually drink an extra glass or two of water to "charge the internal heating system". :D

It's fun to watch at the local surf breaks on cold days - three friends paddle out, two immediately sit up on their boards and stick their hands in their armpits, one stays prone and smiles...rofl

Reactions: shoutatthesky
I just take a big bottle of hot water to the dive site. By the time I am done diving it is nice and luke warm, pour over your head for instant shower.

I broke my peephobia at Freedive-a-palooza...not sure, but it MAY have been a question of positioning all along. You know, going WITH gravity and all... ;)

Todd

For me personally, I can go 6-8 hours after drinking a gallon of water, with an hour of diving mixed in... so I can't relate.

Actually, it's "Immersion Diuresis", and, well, here goes;

When you're immersed in water, to keep your body temp up your body sends more blood into your core. Your brain interprets this sudden influx of fluid as an overly-full bladder, and hence tells your body to get RID of it. Voila! So yes, there IS a medical explanation for it! I guess it's best to just let nature takes it's course... :D

Todd

Once I borrowed a guys wetsuit who was nice enough to show me the ropes on Lake Michigan perchin'...I held my piss ALL day...Well, until toward the end...I figured I'd just give it a few good water flushes and It'd be good. Shhhhhhh! Don't tell Livebaitboy!

If you read this....Sorry bud....:t

I now soak my wetsuit in a tub full of water & dish soap overnight...Then I rinse it out and hang it up to dry...Still smells a bit funky...But isn't that from the weeds!rofl

Get yourself a bottle of antibacterial dish soap; it works WONDERS! I use it to get that lovely funky aroma out of my wetsuit socks. :D

Todd

On the subject of peeing...
Apparently a large goldfish produces the equivalent of a Coke can full of urine every day. A big freshwater fish must produce several pints. The good news is that it contains hardly any waste and is almost pure water, otherwise we would all be in trouble. rofl

Apparently a large goldfish produces the equivalent of a Coke can full of urine every day. A big freshwater fish must produce several pints. The good news is that it contains hardly any waste and is almost pure water, otherwise we would all be in trouble. rofl

Boy, I guess there really IS some truth to it when, after diving in a quarry all day, I tell people I need to shower because I've been soaking in fish pee! A quarry would be like a concentrated fish toilet! Bleah!! :t

Todd

I think both freshwater fish and freshwater semi-aquatic mammals (beavers) produce dilute watery urine, while saltwater fish and saltwater mammals (dolphins) produce much more concentrated urine.

Humans typically produce relatively dilute urine, but show some signs of having had more concentrated urine in the evolutionary past (loops of henle, fetal multi-lobed kidneys).

Dolphins do the same urinary advertising, using their tongues to detect hormones in the urine. Quite a taste test I'm sure.

Jewel squid "hold it", keeping their ammonia-rich urine to provide buoyancy, ammonia being lighter than seawater. Does peeing in the wet suit mean extra weights are required?

Greg Laden's Blog : Many New Species from the Tasman Sea

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT