• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salvimar Vuoto 75. Tips and tricks before using

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Just received my gauge and a bungee for the shooting line.
One rookie question. The bungee end of the line goes one the gun right? And NOT on the shaft?

Just received my gauge and a bungee for the shooting line.
One rookie question. The bungee end of the line goes one the gun right? And NOT on the shaft?
Yes, the bungee end ties to the line anchor point on your muzzle, it does not fly behind the shaft! Look at how my "Taimen" is rigged.
Taimen rigged.JPG

Bowline is a "pælestik" in Danish. Most versatile knot to me. And easy to loosen even after having had a lot of load on it.
That said, look into rigging it with monofilament and crimps down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks interesting- which knot is that?
The file name is RAKnot, that is all I know about it. Vaguely reminded me of a form of bowline as that knot has a number of enhancements with additional loops. I have a book of knots somewhere, so I may look it up, if I can find the book.

I tried my gun in the water again today.
With my new gauge I had the pressure set to almost 17bar.
Shoot through fish easily enough, AND I was able to load the gun again under water by doing the technique Popgun Pete advised me to do.
So thanks again Pete

Reactions: jaluj
Only the small 40 cm Predathor Vuoto, but for the Boxing Day (26th December) sale is now only 100 bucks!

Last edited:
The file name is RAKnot, that is all I know about it. Vaguely reminded me of a form of bowline as that knot has a number of enhancements with additional loops. I have a book of knots somewhere, so I may look it up, if I can find the book.
Rob Allen Knot!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT