• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salvimar Vuoto 75. Tips and tricks before using

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Or just spit on the shaft, I know someone who does that. He looks like me, same age and all, I think he even lives in my body but yeah, it's ghetto...
That's the way to go for DIY anti-fog mask fluid as well! Never do that in the presence if females!!!!

Reactions: Diving Gecko
That's the way to go for DIY anti-fog mask fluid as well! Never do that in the presence if females!!!!
Yeah, my ex was all about the shampoo, dish washing detergent or baby oil - but if your mask is properly burned out, a good lick 'o spit always works the best for me.

I just remembered, The gun was I'm low power when emptied out. Does that remove all the air or just half?
Maybe that's why it's so hard to pump after only 100 strokes.

My manual says 370strokes for 15 bar pressure by the way

I just remembered, The gun was I'm low power when emptied out. Does that remove all the air or just half?

DON'T TOUCH THE POWER REGULATOR ANYMORE - YOU CAN BREAK IT! I will elaborate... stay tuned

OK, I think Pete can explain this better but I will give it a go.
What happened when you emptied the gun is that only the air behind the bulkhead left the gun. The front part of your gun is still fully pressurized. If you were to unscrew the muzzle now, thinking the gun was empty, the muzzle would fly off as soon as it could! Potentially very dangerous.

ALSO, you have a lot of force acting on the power regulator now - all the pressure in the front part of the gun wants to keep it from moving forward. It's a fairly fragile plastic part so if you force it forward, you might break it.
The only solution is to make that pressure differential go away by pumping the gun back up while keeping the gun in the low power position. At some point you will reach equilibrium and the power regulator can open again. Actually it also works as an over pressure/one-way valve from rear to front, so if you end up putting more pressure in the rear chamber it will open automatically and equalize the pressure and then shut again - you wont see it happening, the knob wont move. But if you can move the power regulator again that might already have happened.

Last edited:
Oh, duh... I forgot you already pumped it back up... Did you already try to change positions of the power regulator since you pumped it again? If not, try slowly pushing it forward. If it feels like there's quite a bit of resistance, then stop and put some more pump strokes in.

Yeah I tried that and it moves fairly easy. I guess that's why it was so hard to pump from only 100 strokes right?

I can insert the spear and move the piston down now also, still a b.... to pull all the way down though. Hopefully I will try it in the water later today here in Denmark, if the wind lets me

Pumping the gun up is a good exercise for loading the gun later on. Some manufacturers made the hand pump bore the same size as the inner barrel bore as the reasoning was if you could pump air in at near maximum pressure then you would be able to latch the gun at that same pressure. However the alternate philosophy was to make pumping easier by having a smaller bore hand pump compared to the main barrel ID. That then requires more strokes of the hand pump in order to attain the same pressure levels in the gun.

I went out tonight and tried it.
Nice gun, alot of power, didn't get any fish though, so just tried it after some plant and stuff like that.

Not quite sure if in gonna be comfortable with the loading. Had to swim to shallow water so I could reach the bottom, then use all of my body weight to get the shaft down. I would never be able to load it under water without being able to stand on the bottom.

Looking forward to receiving the gauge, so I can check the pressure and maybe take out some pressure

Nice gun, alot of power, didn't get any fish though, so just tried it after some plant and stuff like that.

Not quite sure if in gonna be comfortable with the loading. Had to swim to shallow water so I could reach the bottom, then use all of my body weight to get the shaft down. I would never be able to load it under water without being able to stand on the bottom.

Looking forward to receiving the gauge, so I can check the pressure and maybe take out some pressure
Don't worry about loading by standing on the bottom, we have all done that to load pneumatic guns. However in deeper water you will need to do it without anything to brace against. To achieve this try drawing your foot up by bending your knee and thus lifting your leg slightly while simultaneously pulling down with your hand on the loader and you will find the gun much easier to load.

Last edited:

Det skal nok komme!
No worries, you'll get there. It's a weird kinda movement that I don't really think you do in anything else. So, it takes a little while to get the hang of it, but you will. Just a few more outings.

I just looked at the PDF again and there are actually two tables in it, which I didn't notice. It's not that clear which table is for which gun but I think I accidentally posted the one for Predathor - as you say, the Vintair table says 370 strokes for 15 bar (Predathor one says 260) which is quite the difference, indeed.
The Vintair table does seem to make some weird jumps though between the steps, though I don't have time to look into it further.

I just looked at the PDF again and there are actually two tables in it, which I didn't notice. It's not that clear which table is for which gun but I think I accidentally posted the one for Predathor - as you say, the Vintair table says 370 strokes for 15 bar (Predathor one says 260) which is quite the difference, indeed.
The Vintair table does seem to make some weird jumps though between the steps, though I don't have time to look into it further.
The pumping table on page 15 is for the "Predathor", the pumping table on page 17 is for the "Vintair".

Yeah I guess I just need time getting used to loading like that.

Also maybe the gun pressure is 25 Bar, I can check that when getting the gauge.
No use for 20-25 bars pressure here in Denmark I think. Im thinking 15bar would do fine here, afterall we do have the smallest fish to shoot here in Denmark:D

Yeah I guess I just need time getting used to loading like that.

Also maybe the gun pressure is 25 Bar, I can check that when getting the gauge.
No use for 20-25 bars pressure here in Denmark I think. Im thinking 15bar would do fine here, afterall we do have the smallest fish to shoot here in Denmark:D
Don't worry about a number on a gauge! Just let out some air so you can make yourself coomfortable with the charging process, and gradually increase the pressure!

Yeah of course. But it's a bit difficult to do that under water during a swim.

Has anyone tested the minimum pressure for the gun? What's the lowest pressure the gun can still shoot with? Just curious, it would suck going in the water with too low pressure in the gun

Some good ideas so far. I saved a few comments from this thread.

I thought the OP was being a girlie-man. I smirked as I read his comments about his loading difficulties.
Well I just received my own vuoto in the mail. I measured it at 20 bar and decided to load a shaft so that I could cut & tie my line. I had to put a whole lot of effort into driving the shaft down. I wasn't expecting it to be that hard. I too, thought it was broken or jammed lol. There's no way in hell that i'll be able to load it in open waters. I'm gona have to swim back to shore between shots, or maybe dive to the sea-bed to get a foot-hold. :dummy:

Bleed air out until you can just load it, with the power regulator knob down and forward in the selector gate (full power). I used to tell people to pump their gun up as much as they can manage, then release air gradually in short bursts until they can then carry out repeated loading. A trick you can use with non-Salvimar guns is to carry out the bleeding with the power selector down and forward in the gate which is low power. Unfortunately the Salvimar upstream valve prevents you from doing this.

Haha well I actually thought so my self. Couldn't understand if I were the only one to find it incredible hard :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT