• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salvimar Vuoto 75. Tips and tricks before using

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I decided to buy a Mares pressure gauge from SpearfingWorld.com. http://www.spearfishingworld.com/high-pressure-gauge-for-pneumatic-speargun.html
They had the lowest price, but the shipping is high from the USA (Fed-Ex Economy $66.14 which is AU$90.60), so I added a Mares Clever Long Loader ($9.95) and a rubber band cutting tool ($19.95) to make up a worthwhile package. Our hopeless Mares distributor wanted about the same for the gauge ($69.95 vs US$49.95 which is AU$68.42 ), but did not have the loader. The Mares Tool Kit at $199.00 could have been included, but I already have those tools. As I was always going to pay US shipping for the loader, I figured that I may as well order more stuff. "Adreno" Spearfishing would have shipped the gauge for $15.00, making an all up cost of AU$84.95, so for any Aussies reading this post that is the way to go, but they would have to get the pressure gauge in for you as they don't usually carry it in their stock. https://spearfishing.com.au/collections/rigging-tools

Last edited:
I just need to ask. Are there any fake spearguns out there on the market?

I just tried to rig it up tonight , but i could get the shaft in for like 3cm and not an inch more. I tried to take some air out by pressing on the valve like show in the manual, but nothing at all happened and I can't pump air in it either with the pump.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but then I noticed that the handle, the pump and the cap to the pressure screw is different in my gun than it the pictures from the shops.

The pumps handle is black and not green like in pictures online, also the cap for the pressure screw, is fastened with 4 screws in mine. In pictures the cap is able to pull off with your fingers.

I took a picture of the handle here.

Attachments

• 20180825_215852.jpg
    20180825_215852.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 247
  • 20180825_215858.jpg
    20180825_215858.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 244
I just need to ask. Are there any fake spearguns out there on the market?

I just tried to rig it up tonight , but i could get the shaft in for like 3cm and not an inch more. I tried to take some air out by pressing on the valve like show in the manual, but nothing at all happened and I can't pump air in it either with the pump.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but then I noticed that the handle, the pump and the cap to the pressure screw is different in my gun than it the pictures from the shops.

The pumps handle is black and not green like in pictures online, also the cap for the pressure screw, is fastened with 4 screws in mine. In pictures the cap is able to pull off with your fingers.

I took a picture of the handle here.
That my friend is a Vintair Vuoto. It's not a Predathor. 13 barrels are hard to charge, by the way, but it's all in the technique.

Shit I thought I bought a predathor:D
Is that a weaker gun or all round the same?
It still has the vacuum thing right?

Shit I thought I bought a predathor:D
Is that a weaker gun or all round the same?
It still has the vacuum thing right?
It's just as powerful, and as the name Vuoto implies, it has a vacuum muzzle. The difference is the line release, and the looks.

Reactions: Diving Gecko
Okay that's good.

I still don't get why I can't insert the shaft in the barrel. I tried using my body weight over the gun with the shaft in the ground. Nothing happens, not even an inch.

It says in the manual to screw off the cap and press into the valve with something to release out air, but nothing happens here either

Okay that's good.

I still don't get why I can't insert the shaft in the barrel. I tried using my body weight over the gun with the shaft in the ground. Nothing happens, not even an inch.

It says in the manual to screw off the cap and press into the valve with something to release out air, but nothing happens here either
You need some kind of spike (a nail, or something) to apply pressure to the valve. The guns usually come with 20 atm, which maybe hard for someone inexperienced. Be careful not to bend the shaft, you could damage both shaft and barrel.
The technique is this:
You place the handle firmly on your foot like in the instructions. Your strong hand applies pressure to the shaft from the top, and your other hand grasps the shaft near the muzzle and pushes as well. At the same time you push your foot upwards, and bend your whole body as well. That happens all at the same time, so your whole body assists the charging process. And gloves are mandatory in the water.

When I felt it didn't move, I stopped of course.

Shit, I don't think I'm gonna be able to load it then. Haha I've really pulled with all my strength and nothing happens. Not even a centimetre.
Is it possible the piston is stuck in the valve, after all the gun is new but I guess it's been in storage for some years.

Does it matter if the gun is at 100% power or 50% power when loading? Is there a difference

Remember that to bleed air out of the gun the power regulator knob must be forwards and down in the gate, otherwise you will not let much air out. I just received a "Vintair 35", the black and white colored version, to go with my Scubapro "Magnum". Trigger is black plastic rather than white unfortunately.

And to let out air, it's the little hole I the valve your need to stick something in, right? Just like a bicycle valve?

A wooden toothpick will do, or an aluminum knitting needle. Don't use a hard, sharp metal object as it might scratch the valve ball. Even a straightened out paperclip will do if the end is blunted.

Now It worked letting air out of the gun, so that works.
It should be easier inserting the shaft now right? I just let all the air out

The shaft goes in with no problem now. I didn't load the gun, just tried to insert the shaft and that works now.
I will try to pump it up again now and see what happens

Shit that's hard to pump :D I pumped 120 times and I reached the end. I can't pump it anymore.
I'm really looking forward to receiving the gauge, so I know for sure about the pressure

Shit that's hard to pump :D I pumped 120 times and I reached the end. I can't pump it anymore.
I'm really looking forward to receiving the gauge, so I know for sure about the pressure

Remember to make sure your power selector is in the high power position! That's forward on your type of gun.

I would put about double that in for your size of gun. That should get you close to 15 bar which is not a bad starting point for the first few outings.
From Salvimar:
GDr789m.jpg

Last edited:
And here's the manual I took the pump table from:

Attachments

• SALVIMAR MANUAL.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 453
Remember to make sure your power selector is in the high power position! That's forward on your type of gun.

I would put about double that in for your size of gun. That should get you close to 15 bar which is not a bad starting point for the first few outings.
From Salvimar:
GDr789m.jpg
Why did you reminde me that????500 strokes????

Always remember to remove the muzzle gasket for dry testing! You don't want to ruin it!!!
Or just spit on the shaft, I know someone who does that. He looks like me, same age and all, I think he even lives in my body but yeah, it's ghetto...

Why did you reminde me that????500 strokes????

Yeah, it makes sense, back when I counted strokes I did put about 450-500 into my Hunter 90. I've since gotten/made gauges so I know that's somewhere around 18-20 bar on that gun.

Two pieces of advice. Wear gloves so you don't get blisters and oil the pump or take breaks so it doesn't get too hot. I've ruined a few seals pumping non stop in the tropics, until I learned the lesson.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT