• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scotland spearfishing 2013

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Fingers crossed I can find some vis on saturday night!

You might be lucky if it clears Dave, however there was a gentle swell lapping the E coast last night. This is a pic of Tynemouth pier yesterday :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369380623.538627.jpg

:hmm still diveable-ish, but the vis will probably be less than a meter so it might have to be a night dive grant?

Maybe - it does look like the old gaffer tape around the fins trick may be in order though.
I'm not losing one of my pimpy new carbon fins !!
It's to reduce to a 11ft swell tonight so lets keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly, Django unchained and nursing a young thrush proved entertainment for last night.

C'mon daf this ios a diving forum, we don't want to know your medical issues....but i've heard canesten works well for that! ;)

Yey! 30cm vis just N of Tynemouth! :( Sea was still a bit violent but with a torch, a sense of humour, a little persitence and few new nicks in my suit I won!!:friday

lobby2_zpsda55360f.jpg

..............although getting out was a little 'hairy' and would have been embarrasing had it not been the middle of the night with no one around to witness being washed up like flotsam! :hmm :D

.....and what a difference a day makes. I could see 40 cm past my spear tip today - almost perfect conditions :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369517851.083340.jpg

New toy for this summer...... (and NO it is NOT a bloody Pedalo!!!) :D

noreg2_zpsf2255167.jpg

noreg_zps98c763fa.jpg

Now that is very, VERY cool! What is it? A jet ski crossed with a ZapCat?

Looks like a proper spearo tool - hope you get on well with it!

...so do I! :D I'm keepin it realistic with a 15hp engine for now with the L plates but it will take a 40hp I think........but I think that would take it from 'get to fishing spot' to 'get an ASBO' :ycard

Ah, I though it had a built in jet-ski engine.

I have a feeling that a 40hp on the back could get a little scary! Sounds like damn good fun though!

Amazing craft!

Are you around for a night dive over the next few weeks Yeti - Uni has finished and so am free whenever suites.

Amazing craft!

Are you around for a night dive over the next few weeks Yeti - Uni has finished and so am free whenever suites.

It's going to be middle of July before I'm free now mucker I'm afraid :waterwork

Lots of Codling around just now - not huge but 3-5lb seems typical.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371636274.570074.jpg

Yeah, it's ok.

This is what 1 rod got in less than 2 hours when we were out on Sat- if you want to spear Cod get out there, their fairly plentiful just now :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371657959.370904.jpg

Reactions: scrumpy
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT