• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scotland spearfishing 2013

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Looks fantastic ! What area exactly do you get the cod, I would be interested in a trip up .

Looks fantastic ! What area exactly do you get the cod, .

Just around the corner from where we get all these things.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372350698.596797.jpg

very impresive nice fish and lobsters any story how you got them ?east coast ?still cold i take it up your way sea temp well air as well !

Whats going on Granti, are you on holiday & night diving or something? How are you catching these lobsters?

come on spill the beans i cant even catch a prawn at the moment !fill us in what you up too?

Whats going on Granti, are you on holiday & night diving or something? How are you catching these lobsters?

Yes- been on a weeks holiday Mart, well it's actually been a Northern Training camp for Yeti, Mr Octopus and I preparing for the Guernsey meet.
We're taking it real serious this year and have spent a week drinking and eating unbelievable amounts of fish and I think we're ready for Guernsey ;-)

Yeah, it's ok.

This is what 1 rod got in less than 2 hours when we were out on Sat- if you want to spear Cod get out there, their fairly plentiful just now :)
View attachment 36275

I like to play devil's advocate so... given the conservation status of cod do you think we can keep slaughters like that to a minimum please? there's more codling there than I would eat in a year

Reactions: Broseidon
I like to play devil's advocate so... given the conservation status of cod

I like to deal with facts and the Scottish Cod fishery is far from the red conservation status of years ago. Do some research - here's a good start http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2012/09/cod20092012

And incidentally this is the kind of harvesting, or slaughter as you may describe it, that goes on in Scottish waters where the Cod stock numbers are increasing. Kind of puts into perspective how minuscule and insignificant a guy with a fishing rod or a speargun is on the North Sea Cod stocks I would suggest.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372922824.075686.jpg

Here Here Grantl ...Perspective...we are insignificant more fish are eatern by mermaids than we all get in a year !We will effect the fish on one spot if fished by a few spearos but thats it !With your small window for fishing take all you wont for the year.nice fish !

bit teasy there are we?
oh ok, they're not in red status anymore where you are so its ok. Lets just push them back in the red then until its not ok to take cod again

my bad

Cod stocks group together when populations are low - so decimating populations in one area might create the impression of growth in another as shoals join together. I think deep down, you know whats right - we're on the internet though so I don't expect you to acknowledge that in public.

Given we are on the internet, and I think deep down you really do know what's right....and let's not forget to throw a little honesty-love around..........do you ever buy fish...actually no, lets just call it food? if so where from? please? :confused:

I dont think 20 odd cod line caught or speared is going to make any diffference where ever in the world it may be, that one boat in one day may take 20 tons .I think its to late , man is top of the food chain, till theres nothing left on this planet to kill and eat .See you soon boys in Geurnsey.Keep the training up boys weve got to show them there is life north of watford gap!

Watford Gap???
That's waaaayyyyy doon Sooth :)

This posting fish pics business is very complicated - there's either too many, they're too big, they're too small, too slow moving, unusual, friendly, cute or too easy to shoot.

Never mind now that Tapatalk let's me post pics I can post how the other 3 drawers of the freezer are filled.

***Warning - this spearfishing thread may contain pictures of dead fish.***

Reactions: SurfnSpear
A few more pics from The Tartan Tramps training camp at a beach far far away .......

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372970922.768880.jpg
The Yeti on a mission

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372970972.006666.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372971000.440881.jpg
Mr Octous introduced us to his blackened potato and rabbit. It was as nice as it looked :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372971082.959265.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372971103.475366.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372971285.871768.jpg
Smoked or BBQd - beautiful

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT