• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sharm Individual World Champs - Info & Updates

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Well done Dave! We now have a UK Men's record in CW that is deeper than Variable and NL. You had to upset the stats, didn't you?

Herbert - not as much cheering as Carlos, but still alot so I take it it's at least a yellow, likely a white.

Congratulations Simo and the other guys! Commiseratons to the not so lucky others but at least you gave it some curry!

Dave is up - I really cannot tell. I could hear for a long time "breathe breathe", much longer than 15 seconds. But there was some cheering, but not as much as I'd expect for a rookie world record.

So you'll have to stay tuned, but it's now over so official results should be coming soon I hope.

Reactions: bam bam
Egads! The tension!!!

Hmm hurry up with results, i'm about to be fired from my job....

Ok here's the latest scoop from people coming ashore

Mullins - turned at 110
Herbert - 112, WR
Carols - 103 ok
Juraj - turned early, didn't make out if he did the SP or not
Nery - OK at 99
Natalia - BO
Alexey - DQ for putting his face into water after top or something strange
Dahlström - SP in 16 secods - DQ

the refresh button is getting worn out

try the F5-button if refresh has disappeared rofl same here.....maybe Stephan can change the website to auto-refresh like some news-websites have and then a refresh rate of 1 minute :inlove

ciao ciao Pim

Jome,

congratulation for your dive and thanks a lot for keeping us up-to-date.

Sara Cambell ok and I believe gold medal?
Annelie Pompe ok and Silver

Pedersen also ok at 86...

That should be about the top 10 males listed? Can someone put them in order? :) I have to run back and forwards to ask results and come back about a 100m to get a connection :)

WOW! Herbert nails another one. Well done Herbert!

What a crying shame for Dave Mullins though, sounds like he had equalisation problems which indicates he had the legs for it.... watch that space I guess.

And poor Alexey - to get a DQ on a technicality is a horrible way to go out.

Jome,
Congratlations with your dive. Very courageous. And thank you so much for reporting.

Erlend

A couple of more
Christian Maldame I'm told OK at 88
Ruyzo - turned early, don't know by how much...

That's it for me, I'm getting several cups of coffee...So next update from me would be the official results, which might take some time...

Reactions: BennyB
any news on the following..
linda, helen, giacomo, hamza..

and to herb, well done pussycat! knew u could do it!

I just came up (white! :) and was the last diver before a 30 min break. Before me Timo got a white and Antero yellow (73). I saw at least Weine bo and I think Stavros too unfortunately, I was really hoping he'd make it.

Nice one! Another nordic 80+ diver...

So very sad for Weine, and stavros too, but they will be back.

One swedish medal!! Way to goo Annelie, announcing smart.

she's human after all:blackeye

Well done to everyone, going of to replace my worn out keyboard.

it's great to have another uk Worldchampion!!!

jome enjoy the coffee:friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT