• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Skin for Dynamics

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
This is funny! The TRN has glued seams on the arms and shoulders, but not on the rest of the suit. The suit has also a stripe of fabric on each leg which is not smooth skin, like some socks or gloves have. Thus water exchange is higher on these parts.
But actually I was also thinking about making the seams water resistant. How would you do it?

the TRN sounds really good, especially with those blind seems up top. The Orca RS1 was all through-stitched but is still an awesome suit.

My sealing idea would be to turn the suit inside out and apply some high quality sealer, like Sikaflex. I might try that today on my breathe (stuck in the smelly city today :(

It seems to have worked OK, took about 2 hours. I would not do the whole arm again though, just the vertical chest - sleeve union. As it is, the Sika down the inside of the sleeve makes it hard to put on as it grips the skin far more than the lycra liner.

Update a few months later: BAD IDEA. the sika dries stiffer than the suit and will therefore crack. I would not recommend this! TO be flexibe the sika bead must be VERY thin.

Attachments

• suit_sika.jpg
    suit_sika.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 237
  • sealed-seam.jpg
    sealed-seam.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 226
  • suit.jpg
    suit.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Good job! Please let us know how it went out after your next pool session.

i tried it already, works fine, no water leaks in through the seams in a pool. I bet it would leak a little under pressure, but by that time a little cold will be the least of my problems ;)

Update a few months later: BAD IDEA. the sika dries stiffer than the suit and will therefore crack. I would not recommend this!

Last edited:
Very good. Sikaflex 221 is luckily rather affordable and there's no risk of damaging anything.
So this will be my next step.

OK, but read my note: don't do the all the seams (the ones you have to push your arms and legs through) as the Sika binds and grips on your skin. you'll need to wet or even soap these bits (which for me kills my no-warm-up act).... Or, you could go radical and do those seams OUTSIDE the suit ;)

Two other ideas:
When the Sika is wet you may stick some plush or nylon fibre on it. (nylon stockings).
Maybe you want to on purpose do the end of your sleeves so it's more watertight preventing water ingress?

Two other ideas:
When the Sika is wet you may stick some plush or nylon fibre on it. (nylon stockings).
Maybe you want to on purpose do the end of your sleeves so it's more watertight preventing water ingress?

Good ideas! Might be worth a try.

Picked up and Aqua Sphere Men's Swimskin (wt50) and took it to the pool yesterday. So far this is a kick-ass suit. Really nice. I took one full stroke cycle off my 25 yard dynamic without really trying ( from 2.5 to 1.5).

I bought the suit because it looked to have minimal flotation - with 1 to .5 mil neoprene - and I'm not disappointed. With my 4lb neck weight the suit is perfect and, If I choose to, I can dive on an active but not complete exhale with no weight be neutral at about 1m. In open water I'm pretty sure any weight would be optional - I'm betting the suit will go neutral at 5 or 6 m.

The neck seal actually works as do wrist and ankle seals.

For sizing I consulted with an Aqua Sphere rep on Facebook. While their chart says I should be in an extra-large the rep suggested a medium. I'm 6'1" about 170Lbs. The medium is a perfect fit and, interestingly, the arms are long enough.

The suit is not quite buoyant enough to hold the legs up at a dead stop - but it does hold them up. My guess is it'll ad about 1/3 again to my no fins distance.

Yeah, it's supposed to have a rather good glide. On the other hand many reported a bad quality. But it could have also been a bad production series.
Maybe you can let us know after a few times of wearing it. I'm also interested in hearing from your DNF performance.
Since I don't have a suit for max performances yet, it might be good alternative to the breathe.
How is the fitting on your chest and belly by the way? I'm also 6'1 tall but only 156lbs and most suits are too loose on my upper body ...

The fit is good for me. It is a little tight on the shoulders and crotch - but the suit is flexible enough that this is not uncomfortable.

The quality report I saw here looked like it was from some-time ago. The suit has a 1 year materials and workmanship warranty - which seems pretty good considering what they are apt to be subjected to.

My bet is the breathe does a little better buoying up the legs - but it's really not a problem if you don't come to a full stop. I'll do some more work with it over the next few days.

Now for the downside. This suit is great for no fins - and has truly awesome glide with a mono fin as well - but with a mono fin it tends to take it water at the top of the zipper. The neck seal seems great - but with the fin the combination of arm position and upper back movement during undulation causes the zipper to bunch a bit. My bet is that only the Orca free and breathe are free of this issue.

On sizing - as mentioned the charts want me in a large at minimum - Medium was definitely the way to go for me. These suits run large.

Ok,

Indeed price is very good...However, shipping cost is a joke. 40 or 60 euro :/ which makes delivering same expensive as ordering this suit frmm United States :)

If anyone has any other source, feel welcome to post a link here.

I have that suit. They run a little wide in the legs - so while the chart says I could where a large or extra large - I got the medium. It crawls up a bit but is tolerable. My advice is to be careful and work the arms up so as to reduce stress in the armpits - the neoprene there tends to split at the seams - though the stitching is solid and doesn't come apart.

I really like mine. :)

I have that suit. They run a little wide in the legs - so while the chart says I could where a large or extra large - I got the medium. It crawls up a bit but is tolerable. My advice is to be careful and work the arms up so as to reduce stress in the armpits - the neoprene there tends to split at the seams - though the stitching is solid and doesn't come apart.

I really like mine. :)

I'd also give it a try. But this would be also my problem - the arms of the suit would then only reach to my elbows, if I bought one fitting my chest. At 185cm/70kg I'm most likely too skinny for a regular suit. Too bad, Elios does not offer tailor made one piece suits with zipper.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT