• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Skin for Dynamics

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Mat,
you might try here. Shipping within Germany is free. International upon request.

thanks!
I will email them.

I'm 187cm tall and ~84kg +/- 3kg depending of the time of the year, now I'm in +3kg mode:vangry

Anyway, I have size L and it's way too loose all over me. The only part it feels ok is neck seal. Think M would be perfect after few sessions with it.

I'd also give it a try. But this would be also my problem - the arms of the suit would then only reach to my elbows, if I bought one fitting my chest. At 185cm/70kg I'm most likely too skinny for a regular suit. Too bad, Elios does not offer tailor made one piece suits with zipper.
Pretty sure they do - I know someone with one.

I'm about 185cm and 75kg - medium works for me. The arms seems to run longish on these suits - and tight. They run right to my wrists - even pulled up a bit to loosen the armpits. As mentioned; it'll climb a bit in the crotch - but not horrible. Maui - for sure your arms will be fine - legs probably a bit loose.

Last edited:
Fondue,

If it will fit you, it should fit me. Just about right for October. Is that nylon both sides? How easy is it to get the arms and chest off and back on.

Connor

Pretty easy - the arms take the most work - best to creep them up a bit before you put your shoulders in. Off is quite easy. The suit is 1 mil and .5 mil - very thin. The armpits on mine have a few splits in the neoprene - as mentioned; the fabric holds up - but they still leak a bit. (need to break out the glue) However - I think if you are careful to work the arms up gradually you may be able to avoid that. (I've seen the suit in medium at amazon.com for $170 - same as swim inn)
The suit is Nylon in and smooth out. With it and neckweights I've done a 25 yard pool with just a push-off and one kick - though more consistently with one kick/one arm (no fins) - so it's pretty greasy and has very little buoyancy.

FYI - Elios also makes really thin suits - similar to what Alexy Molchanova used in the last FB (1.5 mil - no weights) - probably cost you more.

If I was diving past 10m in this suit, I don't think I'd need weights.

@chrismar
Elios does offer one piece suits, but not tailor made. Thus I could also get an AquaSphere. But they really seem to be made for bodybuilders or big guys.
At least I'm relieved that Fondueset has a similar body shape as I have - so size M might work. I hate leaking suits though. Let's see how Mat fits in an M suit with his body shape...

Near as I can tell all one piece suits leak like crazy. This one is better than the two orcas I tried, though I expect the 'free' and 'breathe' (which I've not tried) are probably pretty good - with their neck ring and reversed zipper - but expensive!
Maui - the suit will fit you - but it leaks down the back - particularly during mono fin undulations.

If you want to leakage - go with a two piece Elios with a hood and forget about the zipper down the back. (caveat for the two new Orcas - Will claims they don't leak)

Connor - note the above - the neck seal is better than other tri-type suits I've used - but it still leaks.

I finally received Aqua Sphere Aqua Skin size M...
And i must say it's perfect!!! By perfect I mean it's very tied, as my Orca Free on the beginning. So it's the way to go.

I'm 85kg 110cm chest, 187cm tall.

Fantastic suit for the money Mateusz. I have one too and it is almost the same as my Orca Breath. Tight neck seal and nice glide!

What is the difference between old model and new model of Aqua Sphere Aqua Skin suits?

I bought Aqua Skin sliveeleess. The suit fit very well, tight. A minus is that water enters in suit, I must find a solution to stop that (if there is one). Positive things are better glide and better position in water.
All sliveeleess suits have this problem?

I bought Aqua Skin sliveeleess. The suit fit very well, tight. A minus is that water enters in suit, I must find a solution to stop that (if there is one). Positive things are better glide and better position in water.
All sliveeleess suits have this problem?
I have the same suit and situation. Temporary,you can fix it by wearing MTB tube on your chest.You know,sort of empty neck weight.It works very well,even for sprints.But it doesn't look cool and is not comfortable.Long term i will send it to someone who can seal it better.

What is the difference between old model and new model of Aqua Sphere Aqua Skin suits?

The old model does not have seams on the outside so the drag is probably a bit lower compared to the new model. There is also a difference in neck seal but it's equally effective. Since the new model has seams on the outside it lets some water in and in result it may be a bit less warm. Nevertheless, I didn't notice any difference either in warmth or drag (I have both models). The new model is also more tight in the arms and chest.

I have the same suit and situation. Temporary,you can fix it by wearing MTB tube on your chest.You know,sort of empty neck weight.It works very well,even for sprints.But it doesn't look cool and is not comfortable.Long term i will send it to someone who can seal it better.
I think this tape may be a temporary solution in competition. It can be glued on suit and neck (under neck weight), stopping the water to enter in suit.
http://www.bandagesplus.com/omnifix-retention-tape

Reactions: ruby
I finally received Aqua Sphere Aqua Skin size M...
And i must say it's perfect!!! By perfect I mean it's very tied, as my Orca Free on the beginning. So it's the way to go.

I'm 85kg 110cm chest, 187cm tall.
Hello @mattbigblue, do you have an update on your AquaSphere Aqua Skin. Is it still as good as you first thought?

Hi,
I was just recently looking for the old model of the winter suit. I at least couldn't find one in Europe. There might be some in the US. A friend of mine just ordered the new model. I'm curios how it performs. But most likely not as well as the older model and not as warm. One advantage has the newer model seemingly. It is supposed to have slimmer cut.
As for the Equip Lite, it has also outer stitches. so probably not superior to the newer Aqua Sphere.
The Aqualung could be an option, but it is also not so easy to find.
@mat: I hope you have some Aquaspheres as backup. (I at least have a spare nero comp :) )

Hi,
I was just recently looking for the old model of the winter suit. I at least couldn't find one in Europe. There might be some in the US. A friend of mine just ordered the new model. I'm curios how it performs. But most likely not as well as the older model and not as warm. One advantage has the newer model seemingly. It is supposed to have slimmer cut.
As for the Equip Lite, it has also outer stitches. so probably not superior to the newer Aqua Sphere.
The Aqualung could be an option, but it is also not so easy to find.
@mat: I hope you have some Aquaspheres as backup. (I at least have a spare nero comp :) )
Isn't it strange how all the best wetsuits, the ones that everyone recommends, aren't available anymore.

Great info! What suits do you use for training? Is Orca TRN or Equip will be good? May be Speedo Men's Tri Comp?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT