• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sources for Mamba kit?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

onefish

Feb 5, 2008
Does anybody out there know of other distributors of Mamba kits (other than Maorisub)? Enzo has been good and helpful but the cost of the shipping just seams a bit too steep (I don't want to buy the plane). That may just be the way it is. I know Maorisub makes the Mamba kits but I thought I would just check if there are any other retailers out there selling them.

Cheers

Have a word with Dave of Spearo UK; he sells them although I’m not sure of the shipping to Oz.
He’s on the forums as you guessed it "dave" :)

Reactions: Mongrel454
When u find out the info onefish could u plz let me know or if Dave reads this could i know the cost of the kit and shipping also..I will be much appreciated :)

Also will i need to change spear and can it be installed by myself or shop only?

Does anybody out there know of other distributors of Mamba kits (other than Maorisub)? Enzo has been good and helpful but the cost of the shipping just seams a bit too steep (I don't want to buy the plane). That may just be the way it is. I know Maorisub makes the Mamba kits but I thought I would just check if there are any other retailers out there selling them.

Cheers

onefish,

I suggest you contact either Talassa - Attrezzaure Sub - in Rome or Scubazar, Aquista qui la tua attrezzatura subacquea
Both shops do the full mamba range (airguns, kit and spares) and unlike Enzo ;) they do have a professional attitude.

Cheers

Thanks ulysses, will check those sources as well. The cost of the transformation kit isn't really the problem. They do seam to be expensive but if that's what the manufacturer charges then what can I do? The only two options are 1)buy it or 2)don't buy it. I've decided I want to buy it but then the shipping cost from Maorisub was as much as the kit. It just didn't sound right, but then again I'm not in Italy and I can't say with any certainty what shipping cost from there are like.

Cheers,
TJ

hi try with kara-yo from nedfish he makes very good ones and very good shiping prize.

ivan in the states also sells them, maybe cheaper shipping to australia, his DB name is Asturven.. another european option in diveshop.gr in greece, im pretty sure they sell them

AHHH i think i know why i couldnt find them...:p

Are you referring to complete mamba guns?
As we are lookong for the mamba kits only :)

P.S. if he sells the kits on his site im gonna scream like a little B#$CH as i couldnt find it still rofl

Thx for your help Podge :)

hi try with kara-yo from nedfish he makes very good ones and very good shiping prize.

Alecrin, Do you have any further information on this supplier? I can't find anything. I have now tried all the sources of Mamba kits mentioned in this post (some several times) and the only feedback was from scubazar which replied "order from website". I can't find what I want on their website and it's in Italian:confused: Well I have only tried a couple of them recently so maybe they will reply yet.

Cheers,
TJ

I like that you are doing all the hard work hehe
let me know when u find one so i can reap the benefits rofl

p.s. i am still looking also. i even went to my local dive shop but he gave me a funny look and never heard of them WTF

I emailed dave and did not get a response so I called and come to find out he did not get my email(we have bad internet down here:duh).

I just ordered a 130 from dave,
Looking forward to getting it:D

Dave may have the mamba kit you should give him a quick call.

Last edited:
Reactions: foxfish
Well CS I must admit calling him hadn't crossed my mind. I had emailed Dave twice and sent a PM through the forum. I tried to call him several times yesterday (during business hours in UK) and just got his message service. I'm beginning to think it's just not meant to be but I'll give it one more try this afternoon.

Cheers,
TJ

Reactions: foxfish
Alecrin, Do you have any further information on this supplier? I can't find anything. I have now tried all the sources of Mamba kits mentioned in this post (some several times) and the only feedback was from scubazar which replied "order from website". I can't find what I want on their website and it's in Italian:confused: Well I have only tried a couple of them recently so maybe they will reply yet.

Cheers,
TJ

onefish, kara-yo = Ramon is not a supplier maorisub mamba-kit. He produces his own kits (conceptually similar but not identical to the mamba kit): tovarish & karamba kit. In addition, he makes an inox shaft kit as replacement for the plastic sealing kit that comes with the original mamba kit.

Information about the kits (and pressure gauges) produced by Ramon can be sourced at Pescasub.com La comunidad de la pesca submarina - Inicio or Medfish Magazine

Scubazar = Ever Blue do the whole maorisub product range, airguns, kits, spare parts, reels => Maori : Scubazar, Aquista qui la tua attrezzatura subacquea

Mamba kit => Kit di trasformazione - 100.00Euro : Scubazar, Aquista qui la tua attrezzatura subacquea

Cheers

P.S. On the Scubazar / Ever Blue website click on the Union Jack in order to switch to English language .

Last edited:
I just checked out scubazar and it is 100 euro, roughly $170 aus plus about $25 aus freight.

thx ulysses

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT