• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Devon 2014

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It's quite blowy down here this afternoon. Think that start bay will be all churned up. Will probably head to hope cove and see what it is like down there

Reasonable viz at hope cove, probably the best shelter from the wind in the area. Few mullet around but no bass. Was eyed up a bit by a seal, not come across one so close before other than on a kayak. Any advice regarding seals? Are they aggressive or just curious? If you have fish on a stringer either on belt or float, what should you do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will definitely bite you and leave you for dead; horrible scary b@$#ds.
I mistook one for my fat boy spearo bud Alan once ;) as I swam closer and closer Alan seemed to get bigger and bigger..until I was right on the big bull seal; he wasn't happy to see me on his territory.

Back surfing when I lived in newquay 21 years ago there was a one eyed seal that used to knock us off our boards and bite feet!

I'm very uncomfortable when wet with a big male next to me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

With changeable wind is there any viz anywhere please. Teignmouth looks grim but haven't ventured far due to nights. Web cams showing swells coming in on many
L

Sorry lee been up on the moors today. Yesterday was no good in start bay. I still think hope cove has had the most shelter from the winds, will probably try there again early in the week

Not holding out much hope. Flat but brown around teignmouth. Web cams unclucusive, any viz anywhere guys?

I rather optimistically tried on Monday night near Wonwell. Was horrible, uncomfortable swell and less than a meter viz.

I`ll be down visiting friend this weekend, hoping to hit a few of my old haunts on monday - I`ll let you know how I go!

Am planning a South Hams dive tomorrow night or possibly Plymouth, not sure exactly where yet. If I stay out long enough may give the new torch it's first outing.

I have just been fishing at hopes nose Torbay , the vis is 1-2 metres and pretty windy and choppy in the bay .... there are 4 seals at hopes nose and are stealing so many fish and tackle off anglers it is beyond a joke !!! Hope to get in diving some where Friday Ssouth Hams way , forecast looks good ,winds turning northerly so should help .. season seems to be struggling to get going.. very few catch reports .

Terry, Dai if you get in let us know viz please. Checked again this afternoon but nothing looks worth the trip at the mo, but things look to be settling as you say terry.
L

Am planning a South Hams dive tomorrow night or possibly Plymouth, not sure exactly where yet. If I stay out long enough may give the new torch it's first outing.

Ditto mate where you heading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm heading out in a mo, south hams way....!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start bay looks clear, I'm heading to Blackpool sands now. Will report back in a few hours

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT