• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Devon 2014

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Just got back from a last minute decision to go somewhere in the East Prawle direction. Around 3-4 meters viz, bit milky and lots of seaweed debris closer in. Viz a little better further out. Didn't see anything apart from micro pollock and wrasse.

I got in at Blackpool Sands earlier, there was just enough shelter from the north easterly wind. similar viz to that reported and also no fish for me! Did see a few mullet around but otherwise all quiet...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Decided against it tonight checked web cams and walked teignmouth to dawlish warren but nothing. The bay looked promising this morning but you could see the change in viz/conditions on many web cams.
Possibly looking at tomorrow night but other side of south hams.

In the western morning news today ....... Glad it all ended well and nice to know there is help at hand ..... but did he have any fish ..?......

Reactions: spearo Clark
In the western morning news today ....... Glad it all ended well and nice to know there is help at hand ..... but did he have any fish ..?......View attachment 38529

It's something that worries me sometimes if I'm not diving from a boat. I carry a VHF radio just in case.

Brixham yesterday afternoon, patchy visibility of 1.5-2m.

CR

In last night very Q at a place I expect to find fish, covered lots of ground. Took a couple around 2lb mark and a cuttlefish, another hour and decided to move spots. Next spot viz was pretty poor but out of the gloom came these three. Best 3lb ish. One big shoal of schoolies but no takers between them. Couple small flatties and couple big spiders but not the masses yet.
Had been looking to try a new spot but not knowing the area decided to leave for another day. Also think viz would've been a shocker and after reading the above, could so easily had been me but there ain't no lifeguard at 2am!!
Also if our Irish friend reads this all these fish feed family and friends, people who could never afford to eat fresh bass and no, no payment!

Nice one lee..I did PM you last night as my phone won't allow me to call or text out...I'm so poor I can't afford to pay my bill good job I took enough fish to feed my family this weekend .

How was the vis looking?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes mate all received viz ok at first spot I Mentioned but where you thought would be better 1-2m but murky. Still took those above but it was head work. Just back with the dog on the teign very brown still, had started to clear a little before this low front moved in. Big splash by something ??????
Mirror informed me towards start point very iffy close to shore. Working next four days then hoping to get a few dives in but will be low tide, me thinks but you never mate.
As I'm driving to work will check out viz, if I see any I'll let you know mate
L

Where's the viz I'm grabbing a court of hours this afternoon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had first dip / dive this morning at Babbacombe very pleasant 4-5 metres vis plenty of small pollack and a few cuttlefish , nothing taken , a bit cold but no problems , great to be back in again , and looking forward to the season ahead .

I'm living that way now with the new lady...!

Fancy a dive next week?

I'm living that way now with the new lady...!

Fancy a dive next week?

I might do it depends on conditions , I often head further afield , but have plenty of time now as not working !

Anyone with a recent viz report east of exe? Hoping to get in on Weds if it is looking ok. ta

Plymouth dive this evening, 3-4 meters vis. Not much life around, no bass but came.away with a decent mullet.

Reactions: speerolee
Hi all. I have a old piccaso 5mm wetsuit size 58 (for a tall man). Its free to
anyone who wants it, would get a newbee through first season.
Jolly.

Reactions: scallywag
Right then, heres the plan for the next few days.... dive after work for next two days in new spots in South Hams, then early morning dive first thing Fri morn in Torbay and possibly during lunch break too. Not normally this free to get in so much so going for it while Ive got the green light, needless to say there is a strong expectation at home thst Ill catch some fish. Hope to deliver. If I have nothing to post by the weekend Ill be hanging my head in shame!

Good luck man! Let us know how you do. I'm hopefully heading out tomorrow and Friday. Not sure where yet, but my new wetsuit arrived and I can't wait to try it out

Hi all. I have a old piccaso 5mm wetsuit size 58 (for a tall man). Its free to
anyone who wants it, would get a newbee through first season.
Jolly.

Jolly - I've sent you a PM/conversation regarding the wetsuit.

CR

Good luck man! Let us know how you do. I'm hopefully heading out tomorrow and Friday. Not sure where yet, but my new wetsuit arrived and I can't wait to try it out

Cheers, have yourself a successful dive in your new wetsuit.

Apologies for the late report. We went out for a last minute night dive last Thursday. Viz was pretty good, around 4-5m. We took three bass and a fat porker of a mullet. Also, there were a few Spotted ray about, one nudging about 10lb. I hope the viz survives until the weekend.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…