• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South & West Wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I also went out at saint brides last night, only saw pollack and few small wrass, bit of bait fish out there but didnt see any bass, how far south are you going?

I was out towards the point off the south / left of the bay, Maybe 50m back from the point not far from where everyone drops their lobster pots. I was dropping down where I could see the rock shelf below me and hanging around under the drop, a few big pollock, some very big ones hanging in the distance, and I saw only two shoals of bass.
I was out with my brother and gf on kayaks. The vis was a good 6m in some deep spots.

Reactions: mogsychief
I was out towards the point off the south / left of the bay, Maybe 50m back from the point not far from where everyone drops their lobster pots. I was dropping down where I could see the rock shelf below me and hanging around under the drop, a few big pollock, some very big ones hanging in the distance, and I saw only two shoals of bass.
I was out with my brother and gf on kayaks. The vis was a good 6m in some deep spots.

Cool. Thanks for sharing! Hit me a message if you fancy company and ill join you one day!
Tight lines!

Reactions: NNW64
I went out sunday afternoon/ evening, got myself a 4lb bass, two of them swam up to me in the shallows, 2 hours after low tide.
Went out next day and nothing, But I saw a smoothhound or something too, It came up to me and swam past, maybe 3 ft long. was pretty cool. I might try stackpole this weekend if anyone is around there. Try off the kayak around Barafundle if the weather looks good.

I went out sunday afternoon/ evening, got myself a 4lb bass, two of them swam up to me in the shallows, 2 hours after low tide.
Went out next day and nothing, But I saw a smoothhound or something too, It came up to me and swam past, maybe 3 ft long. was pretty cool. I might try stackpole this weekend if anyone is around there. Try off the kayak around Barafundle if the weather looks good.

I wouldnt mind joining you on my kayak, have a look whats about! Ears have only just got better! Cant wait to get out!

Awful vis at St Brides today. Barely 2 mtrs. A few big fish flashed past and I met a lobster but not a great dive!

I never see any lobsters!
Went out on Tuesday night, There were a few mackrel around the shallows, Manged to catch one after ages of trying.
Fast buggers.
But yesterday was murky too, saw a big seal though.

Might try Caerfai over the weekend if the weather is bad, I used to catch bass there in murky surf, they come close when the vis is crap.

Just had weeks hols down you neck of the woods . Managed to get in and get a couple of 3lbs bass before weather went tits up . Manor bier Tenby saundersfoot wisemans bridge areas 8crabs on one of bass image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 256
Hi Everyone. I'm going this weekend to Swansea and I haven't really did any good spearfishing in UK since I moved here abou 5years ago. Any recommendations? Spots, areas to avoid? Anyone from the are which can tell me how the sea is to avoid taking the stuff it it's not good for this weekend.

Thanks,
Nuno

Hi Everyone. I'm going this weekend to Swansea and I haven't really did any good spearfishing in UK since I moved here abou 5years ago. Any recommendations? Spots, areas to avoid? Anyone from the are which can tell me how the sea is to avoid taking the stuff it it's not good for this weekend.

Thanks,
Nuno

Due to the amount of rain we've had the past 24 hours I can't imagine there being any viz! Boys I know who surfed on Gower earlier this week said they couldn't see their feet in the water, but this time of year, especially with the small tides, it could clear up but I'm not taking my gear this weekend. Oxwich is always a good place to start, sheltered bay so you might get viz there, if not Caswell or Langland are all good places to get in too!

Reactions: bombadil
Anyone been out around st davids over the weekend? I'm going down caerfai bay around 3 o clock today.

Not posted here for a while fellas mainly because we all speak on a Facebook group now but we are planning a meet down west wales in a few weeks. Camping and spearfishing if anyone on here fancies it drop me a message. Nice to see people catching down west too.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT