• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South & West Wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I was in at St brides this morning at high tide. 3-4 mtr vis. that should get better over the weekend with the weather being dry and smaller tides. Not much about - sand eels of all sizes an some small pollock. Was looking for flatties but didn't see any - don't think the recent rain has helped.
Nice that's a good sign! Hopefully the rain will stay off now and the viz will just get better? Any sign of the dreaded plankton bloom that's being reported Cornwall/Devon area?

Nice that's a good sign! Hopefully the rain will stay off now and the viz will just get better? Any sign of the dreaded plankton bloom that's being reported Cornwall/Devon area?
A bit of plankton about but not much. South Pembs looked good looking down from the coastal path but maybe plankton or alge bloom in the water when you get in. Green alge was really bad there this time last year

Reactions: ashbish
A bit of plankton about but not much. South Pembs looked good looking down from the coastal path but maybe plankton or alge bloom in the water when you get in. Green alge was really bad there this time last year
20160512_135338.jpg

Reactions: Radman and ashbish
Angle today. Vis about 3mtrs. Beautiful calm day but recent rain still clouding things up a bit. Saw mullet of all sizes and a small bass. No wrasse though. Came home empty handed but nice to get in all the same!

Reactions: Radman
South Pembs on Sunday. As expected vis not great - 2mtrs at best due to algae bloom. Big barrel jellyfish about though!

Reactions: Radman
ST Brides vis today was awful. I knew it wouldn't be great but it was really bad. Algae, plankton, weed etc. Couldn't see the end of the gun. Bigger swell than expected too - about 2 foot at times. South Pembs not much better either

Reactions: NNW64
Still haven't been in this year due to crappy weather and just not having the time. Hoping to get in this weekend somewhere down west, has any one been in or got eyes on the viz?

Reactions: mogsychief
Still haven't been in this year due to crappy weather and just not having the time. Hoping to get in this weekend somewhere down west, has any one been in or got eyes on the viz?
Same here ashbish. Looks a bit more settled over the next 10 days so may try after that. Let us know how you get on

Was in St Brides day before last at high tide, was clear enough, 5m near the sand, a bit less over the kelp forests.
few days earlier at low tide was horrible. lost my back up gun off the kayak, and couldn't find it in about 7m of water it was so murky.

Reactions: mogsychief
hi guys , second year spearfishing , (well, trying too), i live in pembrokeshire an only managed to get out one day so far ,and that was in solva , dont know anyone else that is into it around here so hit me with a message and we could meet up and go fo a dive or something.

quick dive on the ebb in st brides bay today. vis not too bad considering recent heavy rain. Bass and mullet about. nice size.

hi there ive rod fished at st brides a couple of times but want to use the spear , just woundering how far out of the bay you are in this video ,many thanks!!

Reactions: NNW64
Went out there tonight, Got myself some bass. Some nice outcrops to the south of the bay.

I also went out at saint brides last night, only saw pollack and few small wrass, bit of bait fish out there but didnt see any bass, how far south are you going?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT