• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Photos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Bill ; my favourite seafood :p
Guess you have tried the following :
Dig hole on beach , make fire in hole ,meanwhile rustle up some abs PLUS a nice size kelp stem .
Lop off top of kelp . When you have nice coals ram chunks of ab down hollow tube of kelp , top up with seawater , fold open end over , bury in coals , cover all with sand ; go spearing . :D
When you return will find a tasty meal waiting .

Did somebody mention mollusk??

Here you go guys. 08/14/02
Three kids, three abs, 2 10's and a 9 13/16".
Who's got it good, eh?:cool:

sven

Last edited:
and when you cook 'em up within 10 minutes, this is the reaction.
Smooth eh?

sven

Last edited:
Abri
It sounds a little like a recipe I've used with fish, birds and clay but, never tasted 'kelp-cooked' abalone.

Sven
Wish I could have been there.

Aloha
Bill

Take a long look at that shell of Bill's folks, the White or Sorenson abalone. They don't exist anymore. Last one I saw was in 1982, in ridiculously deep and remote water and it was all by it's lonesome in an area that will forever go unmarked. The abs have just been decimated and reduced to just a few in the books.

But when they were around, manoman! Just a sweet and tender piece of protein. You missed out kids.

Nice job Bill.

sven

Had this under "stories" ; ... gues it fits here too .

Attachments

• marlin1  copy.jpg
    marlin1 copy.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 839
nice looking marlin abri,

this just makes me miss the water even more,

the only pictures i have are of a "lifeguardius scaring-ius" most commonly known as a "thin_air" or "vince", this species is known to frequent local pools and spend time swimming around on the bottom (a typical "scavenger" looking for any loose change...), this species is also known to be abruptly removed from pools for setting bad examples to little children :ban

cheers

I saw this pic in you www site and already add it to my gallery cograt boy, well done...:king

This is what we hunt here ``spine foot``.Its delicious but if it stab their spine to you.....so much pain; Sorry but this is the only thing that i am able to reach in my dive spots.:eek: :eek:
Hope to find something better when find a boat to go further dive spots.

Last edited:
The name is James........................................2james.............. I like my women shaken and stirred:D .....................Well, These are the latest victims of the little skinny cuban. We also saw a massive 10-12 foot hammerhead. They usually don't bother me but there was only 15-20 feet of visibility. I saw it 6-8feet from my buddy and he never saw it!

Attachments

• good me n 14 snap.jpg
    good me n 14 snap.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 766
Here is some more. This is how the morning started.

Attachments

• sky 9 7 02.jpg
    sky 9 7 02.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 756
Here ar the boys.On the left is Mario, then me and on the right is Juan. The guy behind the flash box is Dr. O

Attachments

• the boys n 14.jpg
    the boys n 14.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 754
Halibut!

10 lb California Halibut taken with a pole spear in 8 feet of water over sand

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry!!!!

:duh :duh :duh :duh :duh

SORRY GUYS, i had no idea that pic would be that huge...any tips on what size to make them? i have a few pics id like to post

el gran cubano!

What's with the smaller guy hollding the bigger fish? That an optical protrusion?! :D

Nice job jefe! You can jump w/ me anytime.

sven

Nationals Fish Pic

Everyone,

Here's a nice shot of my catch from this year's USA Nationals held in Carmel, CA. You can see very clearly what a lingcod looks like in the picture.

Scott T.

Attachments

• 2002 nats.jpg
    2002 nats.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 657
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT