• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearo in Ottawa, Canada (hunting in Quebec)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I'm about to order a proper wetsuit for Canadian waters (apneaddict sold me to aqualand too). I also need a gun and I'll be ready to go but of course that means I'll have to wait a few weeks. If you guys meet above the water sometime though, I'd really love to join you.

I finally got in the water with my Aqualand suit on Wednesday and it was great. I ordered a 5.5 mm and it kept me toasty warm and mostly dry in the water. Not sure what the water temp was but it was definitely way too cold to swim without a suit on. The suit fits great, I can swim without any difficulty and it was easy to put on with a little hair conditioner and water mixture.

Also, if you're looking to get other gear (guns, fins, masks etc...), you might want to consider scubastore.com also. I got a huge order from them and everything went smoothly. Their selection is decent and their prices are very good, especially if you make a big order because they combine shipping. It took about a week for some of my out-of-stock items to get to their warehouse but once they were in stock, it only took about two business days to get my order. I only had one small problem, they forgot to send me the nylon line for two of my spearguns (my buddy's guns had the line... of course) but I contacted them and they are going to send it to me.

Anyways... welcome to the forum... hope to see you in the water.

I finally got in the water with my Aqualand suit on Wednesday and it was great. I ordered a 5.5 mm and it kept me toasty warm and mostly dry in the water. Not sure what the water temp was but it was definitely way too cold to swim without a suit on. The suit fits great, I can swim without any difficulty and it was easy to put on with a little hair conditioner and water mixture.

Also, if you're looking to get other gear (guns, fins, masks etc...), you might want to consider scubastore.com also. I got a huge order from them and everything went smoothly. Their selection is decent and their prices are very good, especially if you make a big order because they combine shipping. It took about a week for some of my out-of-stock items to get to their warehouse but once they were in stock, it only took about two business days to get my order. I only had one small problem, they forgot to send me the nylon line for two of my spearguns (my buddy's guns had the line... of course) but I contacted them and they are going to send it to me.

Thanks for the feedback.. I'll check subastore.

How long did it take you to get the wetsuit in your hands?
Anyways... welcome to the forum... hope to see you in the water.
Thanks! I hope so too.

Ok, I've ordered both speargun and wetsuit. I'll probably be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

awesome :) Mako sends it UPS, it will be there soon

Ah, UPS, no good news. I have to take a day off and sit inside waiting for a package 'cause they won't tell me a specific time window. Plus there's a brokerage fee of around forty bucks, that's almost a quarter of the price. Did you guys have to pay that too?

Ah, UPS, no good news. I have to take a day off and sit inside waiting for a package 'cause they won't tell me a specific time window. Plus there's a brokerage fee of around forty bucks, that's almost a quarter of the price. Did you guys have to pay that too?

I did for my 1st order, now Brad down-values all my stuff, sorry to hear man.

I'm heading to Valleyfield this weekend for walleye, if anybody is interested.

Hey Climber, Please post pics of your trip, every thing, I want to know what the Terrain looks like as well as the water.
Could you glance around to see if there are any camp grounds near the water, I need a place to crash.
Thanks, Kerry.

Hey Climber, Please post pics of your trip, every thing, I want to know what the Terrain looks like as well as the water.
Could you glance around to see if there are any camp grounds near the water, I need a place to crash.
Thanks, Kerry.

will have my gun mount for my new go pro hero 3 :)

and will check it all out, I'm just going for a day trip this time since nobody else can make it!

we are driving down for the day, going to tour around, look for public access points in fishy-looking water :) more of a scouting mission, but I will have my gun and new go-pro hero 3 with the gun-mount!

so my GF and I went down to Valleyfield, ended up on the wrong side of the island I'm sure, a little point right beside "parc marine", and in Coteau-du-lac, very strong current, crappy viz.... saw lots of bass, some suckers, and I think some walleye, but the current whips you by too fast to make good shots :(

I'm thinking Lac Francois, on the eastern side on the island, there are a couple of parks, this looks like better diving for sure, this trip was exploratory.

Where do spearos usually hunt around here? Is there any kind of list or wiki or something for spearfishing spots or do you usually
drive around scouting?

I found this but, judging by its name, I guess it is intended for scuba divers rather than spearfishers.

Last edited:
Ok, I got the wetsuit. It's been 2 and a half weeks from the day I sent aqualand the measurements, so that was really quick (they ship from Greece)! I also have the speargun.. Anybody going fishing anytime soon?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT