• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Static Challenge

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
new PB

Hi

I wasn't online for a couple of days and you run off with 6:05!!!
I hate you!!

No let's get sirius. Congratulations for your new PB!!
I am very happy for you. It is so nice to see that you have made it!!! :) I on the other hand am still stuck at 5:25. :head
And don't worry about diveing to "only" 20 or 25m. That is alot for many people.

zipy

Andrew,

Been kinda depth limited cause of my ears (but now they're getting better, big thanks to Peter Manns and Wal :D:D:D:D:D) so really only shot at reef fish... landed a nice squid though, about 60-70cm head to tail, was like the second thing I ever speared :)

Hi

Thanks Zipy but to be honest with you I should have another static session but Im to slack to sit there for an hour holding my breath, if im in the same state of mind I was in the other day I will break it again, I just need to stop being so slack :duh

Loopy what did Wal and Pete do, did they teach you that frenzel thing. You should start chasing pelagics you get those Kingies down there dont you. Its hella more fun spearing a big pelagic then holding your breath in pain :duh

cheers

Haha yeah I'm gunna be after kingies a lot now :D

It's actually not quite frenzel, but Pete had a few techniques that are really good and worked well for me. Wal had similar problems to me when he started diving and being in the water near every day helps as well :)

It's wierd though, in year 12 I spent 6 weeks straight, every day in the water and still ym ears were bad...

hi

The oceans flat but im too slack to go out plus I should dive with a buddy right :naughty

cheers

Haha yeah, true true.... go for a swim in mossman gorge then, there's some monster JP in there :)

hi

Loopy I will Pm you about a near death experience at the George on the weekend yes it was me I havent told anyone yet. We should stop talking crap as this is the cyber static duel of the century :D

cheers

Haha oh yeah sorry zipy :D

If I remember tomorrow, I'll do a few dry's when I wake up... come on 5 mins!! :D

hi

Loopy Inform us right away after your progress, If I can find the motivation I will try for 6:15 tommorow morning as well :duh

cheers

Hmmm, I seem to have issues when it comes to dry statics.... I think it might be a temperature thing.... but yeah, could only manage 3:30, not too impressed...

hi

Brad if your wet statics are better that is probably better anyways cos if you choose to compete one day they dont do dry statics in comps right so at least you know that you can get your biggest numbers in the water :cool:

Today I tried some statics well two. Did my 30sec breathe up and did a 4:15 static yep things started off well.

On the second attempt 30sec breathe up 4:37 static that sucked so I gave up there :(

cheers

Yeah it's hard finding someone to do wets with while you're on hols... supposed to be hooking up with a guy on Sunday, but it's looking kinda iffy at the mo... ah well, only a couple more weeks then I get back to Canberra and can start doing some real training :)

Did a 4:15 dry static yesterday it's a new PB but I still havn't pushed it to 100%, gives me more confidence to hit targets that just try to hold it as long as I can.

hi

congrats on the new pb dude, bet you feel goo now eh :cool:

I havent had a serious statics session since I hit my last pb I usually do the first two statics then give up :(

cheers

Yeah, pretty happy with 4:15 I'm not so concerned about getting up to 6 or 7 minutes now, plus I'm still not even getting contractions. All of my statics have been dry though so I have no idea of what it will be like in a pool or the sea for that matter, I'm on holiday at the moment so when I get home I have a week left that I will use to get into the water. I need to find out about getting to a pool in my area I havn't been here that long and with work I don't get much of a chance. As for deep diving I'll have to wait for a day I have off that I can go out on the boat with my dad. Theres just no where deep enough along the coast.

You live in north tassie? Haha then I'd be looking for somewhere warmer to swim bud :D

to Ivan

hi

my Pb is still 5:25(not for long) but i have made some progress
i was getting contractions at 2:45-2:50 on my last attempt I got them at 3:18 (new breath up pattern) then i was interupted by my mom :mad:
and since I am working 11-15 hours a day i expect my new PB on sunday, maybe monday. I am on your tail !!! :D

Zipy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT