• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sven's Caption Contest!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
Yep!, It's that time again!!

Your DB karma-meister and all around afficianado of things aquatic welcomes summer with another caption contest for you discerning members of Deeper Blue. New here or those static samba's got your memory a little murky? No prob, here's how it works...

You see the photo below. You come up with an original, witty and dare I say, dry title for the photo. A panel of the coolest kids on the planet, mine, will judge the entries and the winner gets a DB Tshirt! :cool:

Too good to be true you say? It's a scam? Nay to you naysayers!:rcard Peter of Longfins fame here was this last Winter's contest winner and he was seen wearing his PhatDive T shirt proudly at the 2nd getting together at Sven's AbGrab. The guy was a babe magnet! Whatta shirt! Whatta guy!

So... check out the photo, put some effort into a title and enter as often as your creative noggin will let you. Contest ends July 13, 2002 and the winner will be announced that day. All you do as the winner is tell me your size and where to send it.

You win, DB wins, it's all good! :D

sven DB's advocate for sheer fun and undies. :king

Last edited:
"hey, hey!,HEY, I know where you live!"

"sven went hunting one day,
and he was heading for kill,
thats what I gotta say,
He had the gear and the will,

But what on earth did he get,
that ain't crab that ain't fish,
That thing is not from sea I bet,
I mean that ain't good for any dish"

Better luck next time!

Last edited:
HA HA that's just too good, to bad you can't make posters that would be totaly awesome.

BladeRunner ;)

Anderson,

:D - I get the feeling you must have far too much time on your hands :)

contest rules clarification

Hey!, remember that this contest is open to everybody, as in if you're one of the bigwigs or a check-signer for the place, you're in!

You're right Stephan, that Anderson's got something going on in his hands. :mute

sven

Not getting any better . . .

"The Two That Got Away
. . . and other fish tails (or was it 'tales')"

by sven.

OR

"Shootin' Blanks With sven;
a spearo's guide to lost treasure"

OR

"Sven and the art of hot-tub maintenance"

Last edited:
What a way to start off with my first post! I've been a "lurker" for a few months and finally decided to join the db fam. You guys have a great thing going here!:eek: So let me take a shot at this one (pardon the pun). rofl

Spearfishing strategies for the rare and seldom seen siamese puffer fish.

Reactions: andrsn
"Liberty! Accuracy! Sorority!!"

(Getting close to July 4th here in the states...;) )

passing the buck

ya kill me Bill, ya really do. rofl

Hey about posting a pic of your addict gun for the newbies and us old school home grown types?

sven

Caption Contest

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water...

OR

Top 10 Reasons Spearfishing Is Not Allowed in Swimming Pools

OR

To Boldly Go Where No Spearo Has Gone Before

OR

Veni Vidi Vici

OR

One more reason NOT to take the wife diving

OR

Ta-Da!

OR

The Ever-Elusive Victoria Secret Push-Up BraFish

How about...

"Sven's first attempt at finding rubbers for his new double barrel spear gun"

only so so... I think the Anderson's poster has it so far.

Just what is that man doing with my girlfriends Bra? Right. I'm going to be having serious words with her. And he'd better watch his back... whoever he is. :naughty

Anyone lost a pair of earmuffs?

Princess leah's wig reacted badly with the chlorine.

King Arthur was hoping for something a little more useful from the lady of the lake.

This trick didn't go down to well at seaworld.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT