• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tell me your idea about these guns...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Vote fof the gun please

• Beuchat Mundial Carbono 115

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Cressi-sub Comanche Aluminum

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sporasub Black viper 115

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Hey Shaca,

Glad to hear that you liked it;)

I am wondering if 7mm shaft had some problems when aiming small fish? Slow shaft speed or inaccuracy compare to 6.5mm shaft. If you had opportunity test 7mm shaft against dentex and let me know how it performs.

BTW 6 meter shot was from speartip?

Good work with Tahiti Shaca,
I'm very glad to hear good news about your new 120 gun and got very excited,because I am planning to have a new totally wood gun like yours(As i said before a friend of mine was making wooden spearguns, www.esperasub.com ,).I have the demo cd of the totem spearguns but it is just watching,but to hear your positive experiences about this gun is much worth for us.
I think you are planning to set up 3 16 mm to your tahiti,but what about two 18 or 19 mm,or single 21-22 mm. I am wondering that by going deeper esp. in the dentex hunting which choise of rubber composition works better.I am waiting for your answer and your experiences
Aydýn

aydin,
how is the demo cd? Could you find some hunting cds in Izmir?

Aydyn, I am eventually going with 2x 20mm but not yet. Single 21/22mm band would not even come close to the power it has straight from the factory with the 2x16's
The 3x 16 is the Totem Tuna which is a different beast altogether. Maybe next year.

The current set up would only need improving when going for Bluefin or huge AJ. I think it would easily penetrate any fish under 30kilos of not bigger.

Thanks Shaca,
We will be glad to hear your opinions and overwievs about your new guns,and I think these are the real guides for us when choosing the equipments,options ,etc.

Dear Memo,
I have many hunting cd,and if you have been in Ýzmir I will be glad to give you these cd.

Shaca,
I bet 6.5mm shaft is more accurate coz of the less kick. Probably 130 cm tahiti with 6.5mm shaft has same range with 120cm equipped with 7mm;) Did you ever think to use Riffe euroshaft with it or carbon coated shafts?

BTW what line do you use on reel? 2mm kevlar or something thinner?

Murat I have 2mm Kevlar "Dyneema" on the reel. Same line used on the wishbones.

I will get a shaft with sharkfin tabs next. Make it even easier to load.

Carbon shafts are lighter and have less penetration power which is the reason why I asked for a 7mm shaft.

Yeah those carbon shafts... may be 6.5mm + 1mm carbon coated has the same hitpower with ss 7mm shafts. When you get 6.75mm euro shaft or different diameter shaft how will you readjust ballast?

BTW do you know what wood Fabrizio uses for guns? In site he says hard tropical wood but not more..:confused:

Originally posted by aydýn
Dear Memo,
I have many hunting cd,and if you have been in Ýzmir I will be glad to give you these cd.

Dear Aydýn,
If there is no problem for you, you can send me the cds to Ankara and I'll send them to you in 2 days after copying them. (needless to say I'll cover all carrier expences). If this idea is ok for you, I'm gonna pm you my mail addres.

rastgele

He cannot get access to teak in large enough quantites as to hand select the best boards. If he wanted to use teak he would have to use what was available which he says was not an option as the wood must be perfect.

I will ask exactly what types of wood he does use. I think its mahogany and Iroko (????) but don't quote me.

I will let you know

Shane, while loading your gun with dyneema wishbone, is your palms looking downwards? or do you grab the rubber in a classical way?

Memo the first rubber (one closest to me) i load classic with palms facing up. The second rubber I have to do it palms facing down and use my thumb to position the dyneema in the notch before letting go. Thick gloves don't help but its quite stright forward.

Once I read an article that, keeping the little fingers outside the rubber circle (using 3 fingers) gives you more control to align the dyneema wishbone.

I always put the butt of the gun to the stomach and load the gun palms up. Last time i put the butt to the chest and load it with palm down, and i concluded it is easier that way...

Reactions: donmoore
Shaca,

How does tahiti tracks?

Memo,

I read the same thing too but never tried it while stomach loading. The basic idea should be the keeping your little finger stuck between the bands and shafts. I know some people that slips their's little fingers so fast to secure it but they release wishbone accidentally and cut their's finger.:head

The Tahiti tracks as well as my Picasso 110. It is a bit longer (ABout 10 cm) but the difference is very small.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT