• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tom Sietas Static Wr Attempt

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I will open a big bottle of wine tonight Tom and drink it in your name. Freediving history. You have done it. Enjoy it , be proud of it , scream it from the rooftops. This may be heard . No time for humbleness. AMAZING !!!!!!!!

Congratulations Tom. That's a really big number.

Congratulations Tom - enjoy the well earned beers

Stavros

Last edited:
Awesome Tom! I knew you had it in you...

Some things you can do in 10'12":

-drink 10 shots of vodka (1 per minute)
-take a quick nap
-get married (in Vegas)
-lose all your money at a high stakes poker table (in Vegas)
-have sex (a quickie, anyway)
-float face down in a pool with lots of people watching you

:)

Not sure if this was posted - video of the first attempt. Amazing SP after such a performance. I bet the guy does at least 11 minutes in training!

YouTube - Tom Sietas - World Record Static Apnea: 10:12min DQ

And, of course: Congrats Tom!!

PS: interesting that he does not use any nose clip. Personally I tend to lose air at the end of apnea, due to strong contractions, if I do not use a nose clip.

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid, Trux. Looks like he came up from doing a 30 second static. Incredible.

Also, to get disqualified for that minute pat on the arm... >.<

I can't believe this guy... so easy and effortless... impressive.

And about noseclip, I used to do static with a mask, but watching tom I change that and start doing it just with goggles no noseclip. I think i get bather dive reflex like that and can do much bather time.

And about noseclip, I used to do static with a mask, but watching tom I change that and start doing it just with goggles no noseclip. I think i get bather dive reflex like that and can do much bather time.
Yes, I agree, mask or goggles only unnecessarily inhibit the diving reflex. I do not use them either for statics. I also use no noseclip for warm up breath-holds, but find it difficult at harder apneas with strong contractions. At heavy contractions I tend to lose some air, and especially at empty lung apneas, water gets into sinus, which is not quite pleasant, and also not too safe (we train statics in a kid pool, which is certainly pretty infested).

Wir gratulieren Tom!

Pleased that you've put the static WR 'to bed' well and truly.

In kiwi terms, you're a bloody legend mate.

Guy

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch Tom, du hast ein paar dicke Fans hier auf der anderen Seite der Kugel! Keep on!
(Sorry guys, couldn't resist... Just congrats, too!)

Unbelivable. Congratulations! This protocol is unreal. How much more is there left? (And yes... I feel a bit silly about the speculations :)) Miha

Reactions: island_sands
...its just such a crazy long time!!!!!

congrats Tom

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT