• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

triple depth 2007

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trullalla

Jun 23, 2005
Dear freedivers,

It is the beginning of August and we thought it would be a good time to remind you all that in October we are yet again holding our annual Triple Depth competition. As always it will be the three depth disciplines; constant weight, free immersion and constant weight no fins.
The competition takes place over a period of three days at the famous Blue Hole.
Hopefully we will see a lot of personal best achievements and some new national records.
At the end we will make a big BBQ where we will celebrate the winners and everyone else too.

This year’s news is that Freedive Dahab (FD) has its own freediving center! It is located right on the beach and there are 3 rooms for customers, 2 double and 1 triple. If you would like to stay there you need to book soon. The official hotel that we are using this year is the Octopus hotel. This is where the registration and the meetings will take place. All transportations to and from the Blue Hole will start from Octopus hotel and FD center.

As last year there is only room for 35 athletes. To be guarantied a place you need to register and pay the competition fee by doing a bank transfer. Send your registration to info@freedivedahab.com, including name, nationality, sex and personal bests in the 3 disciplines. You can transfer only the comp fee or the total amount with training and/or hotel. If you transfer only the comp fee you will have to pay the rest at the registration on the 18/10.

Below follows the price list with all the different options you can choose from and the bank details for the transfer.

TRIPLE DEPTH COMPETITION 18/10-21/10

19/10 FIM
20/10 CWT
21/10 CNF

Competition fee, 100 Euro
Registration in the evening on the 18/10
19-21/10 Transport to BH from official hotels
21/10 Closing BBQ dinner

Competition fee and training 15-18/10, 135 Euro
Competition fee and training 8-18/10, 190 Euro
Training days 1-7/10 per day min 2 pax, 10 Euro

With hotel Double 15-22/10, 165 Euro. With hotel Double and training, 200 Euro
With hotel Single 15-22/10, 200 Euro. With hotel Single and training, 235 Euro
With double at FD 15-22/10, 145 Euro. With double at FD and training, 180 Euro

With hotel Double 8-22/10, 230 Euro. With hotel Double and training, 320 Euro
With hotel Single 8-22/10, 310 Euro. With hotel Single and training, 400 Euro
With double at FD 8-22/10, 190 Euro. With double at FD and training, 280 Euro

Extra night in hotel Double room, 10 Euro
Extra night in hotel Single room, 15 Euro
Extra night in FD Double, 8 Euro

Hope to see you all here in Dahab!

cheers
linda

Hey Linda

I'll be there! Missing you all right now in the UK - at least it's stopped raining for a few hours! How is everything?

Hope the places fill up, looking forward to seeing friendly faces there again.

Love to you and Lotta,

Puss puss

x
Sara

Reactions: bam bam
hi,

it's now official: also this year triple depth will have the WR status.
unfortunately for the boys, 90mt is still the depth limit.:(
girls can do WR's in all disciplines. :)

cheers
linda

Dahabfreedive

What does it take to get invited to this competition?

First Annual Thermocline Free Dahab Invitational
2007-09-05 - 2007-09-12
Place: Dahab Egypt
Disciplines: CNF-CWT-FIM
Judge: Lotta ERICSON , Riccardo MURA
This is a special event with only invited guests.
During the period there will be 4 competition days where the athletes can chose which discipline they want to performe, CWT, CNF or FIM. For more information: info@freedivedahab.com
---

Sebastian

Interesting.. Seb, where did you hear about this? I live in Dahab and haven't even heard about it.

Linda, Lotta, can you shed any light?

Thanks, puss puss,

x
S

Probably a record attempt dressed up like a competition :)

Dear freedive dahab ladies - why not let us chose our discplines. I dont want to have those nasty nasty evil fins. And I want credit for my bare feet.

Sebastian

Dear freedive dahab ladies - why not let us chose our discplines. I dont want to have those nasty nasty evil fins. And I want credit for my bare feet.

Sebastian

dear sebastian,

this is how the competition is announced. it is the 3 disciplines in 3 different days. it's always been like that.
and we cannot change things around for everybody wishes.

maybe ricky will let you do that at the worlds :)

linda

update:
as we said we have WR status also for 2007.
freedive dahab, as the organizer, is not providing a bottom camera and the doping test.
so, if any of the athletes participating at the Triple Depth have any intention to break a world record, the expense for the bottom camera and the doping test will be covered by the athlete himself.

for more info:
info@freedivedahab.com

p.s. as it looks at the moment we have 40 athletes and we are full...but we are still looking for safety divers, so if anybody is interested please drop us a mail. we can't pay real salaries, but we do give our safety divers and staff 20 euro per day, plus they can join the training camp prior to the competition without charge.

here's the list of the athletes competing in triple depth 2007.

NAME SEX NATIONALITY CW CNF FIM
PETER BOIVIE M SWE 52 00 51
TIM MONEY M UK 52 37 55
DAVID TRANFIELD M UK 44 25 35
WEINE GUSTAVSOON M SWE 70 30 60
MARCUS GREATWOOD M UK 50 25 50
GORDON SAVIC M SWE 59 30 50
TOMISLAV SVILICIC M CRO 55 36 45
MOHAMED HAMZA M MALD 52 15 00
ROBERT KING M US 54 48 57
MARTIN ZAJAC M CZE 66 00 70
VELJANO ZANKI M CRO 58 00 50
WILLIAM TRUBRIDGE M NZ 55 82 00
RYUZO SHINOMIYA M JAP 98 50 84
ANDREW LAURIE M UK 35 25 30
BEN GUYAT M UK 54 20 40
FEDERICO MANA M ITA 72 56 00
PATRICK SCHNORF M SWI 70 40 70
THOMAS GRINDEVOLL M NOR 80 40 70
DAVID MULLINS M NZ 100 40 40
DERON VERBECK M USA 76 55 74
HERBERT NITSCH M AUT 111 70 100
LEO MURAOKO M USA 75 52 74
ANDREA ZUCCARI M ITA 54 48 61
SEAMUS MURRAY M AUS 42 00 00
SEBASTIAN NASLUND M SVE 59 51 65
GIACOMO M ITA
WILL WINRAM M CAN

ANNA VON BOETTICHER F GER 48 28 30
LIV PHILIP F UK 47 35 55
WENDY TIMMERMANS F NDL 42 38 42
SARA CAMPBELL F UK 75 43 62
GEORGINA MILLER F UK 32 19 27
MIA RIZNER F CRO 35 20 34
HELEN GARNER F S.A 60 42 50
ANNELIE POMPE F SWE
LINDA PAGANELLI F ITA 75 56 68
LOTTA ERICSON F SWE 72 41 72
TOMOKO YAMANOUCHI F JAP 50 30 40
MEGUMI MATSUMOTO F JAP 61 31 55
ANGELA AMBROSI F ITA 50 36 50
NATALIE AVSEENKO F RUS 76 53 70

Last edited:
That looks really nice!
Sadly I'll only be able to be there until October 13th. Are any of You going to be around at that time?
A meet-up would be cool!
I could also do some safety diving for those of You training for the comp.

How about that? See You there!

Looking at the inlist of this years Triple depth it seems I am in the presence of greatness. One should actually skip compeeting and be a safetydiver just to watch all these great divers :)

Lots of deep deep divers.

The CNF will be an interesting discipline. And have you noticed that we see some five strong females of the worlds best compeeting side by side: Lotta, Linda, Annelie, Sara, Nathalie.

Lovely.

Sebastian

some pre- triple depth fun can be had...

AIDA JUDGE COURSE
16-17/10 2007
Dahab, Egypt
Instructor: BILL STROMBERG, AIDA A Judge Instructor.

After the course you will be an AIDA E-Level Judge.

Course Price: 245 Euro including the Judge Certification fee.

To register contact: bill@freedive.nu

For accomodation during the course contact: info@freedivedahab.com

Last edited:
Everybody - should we not try to keep this thread open for another week before moving over to suitable WC thread?

The winner of Triple depth will be a truly great freediver. Three deep performances in a row. Many deep guys are here: Ryozo, Dave, Will, Will, Herbert. And passing 85 swedish Weine and Peter P.

And most top females of the world head to head.

Who is blacking out, who is spitting blood, who is smiling, who gets tangled, who is using bifins, who goes without mask, who touches bottom, who has earproblems, who does PB...

Sebastian
Freediving news from f.biz

I second that. :D
- I couldn't stay for the comp, but at least I want to get all the news!

Good luck and all the best!

I reckon this will be the depth comp of the year. It'll be great if you guys can keep us posted throughout the comp via DB or text messages or carrier pigeon if you have to!

When is the first comp day? What's the vibe out there at the moment?

Good luck to all!

FIM tomorrow.

I am announcing 73 NR.

It is a bit unfair the the CNF guys only get 1 point for their achievement, but Trubridge thinks it is Ok since the CWT/FIM guys are limited by the restricted depth 90. Well some of them:)

Sebastian
Freediving news from f.biz

Good luck Sebastian.

So..... bit early I know but any updates on FIM yet?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT