• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

triple depth 2007

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
woweeee.....

well done Sara!! and Marcus!!

now we just need to suss out the rugby... : )

I've had confirmation from 2 x BFA members on location, who have confirmed Marcus Greatwood's new National Record - 61 metres.

Well done Marcus!!

Jaysus, congrats guys and girls great to get the updates and to see the records falling once again. Mucho respect to all of you. Cheers rbsub and sanso for the updates.

Well done everyone.......

Special congratulations to MIG and Sara.... amazing achievements and deserved :)

Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: bam bam
Way to go Marcus and Sara.
Double Whammy!
All we need now is for Lewis Hamilton and the English rugger buggers to do as well as you guys.

Sara, Anna, Mig ... respect guys. Nice. Bring those trophies home where they belong :t

Sara - mighty blighty! Way to go babe.

Rock your socks off Team UK.
x

Thanks for that Sebastian, great articles.

Well - looks like my productive day tomorrow is up the spout - i'll be in front of the laptop!

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks for the articles Sebastian, the knife incident sounds a bit mental, what are these guys on?

Thanks for the articles Sebastian, the knife incident sounds a bit mental, what are these guys on?

The knife incident does sound scary. It's not something you expect when you go freediving, to have Scuba divers presenting a threat on your line. One of the overlooked benefits with having your own Scuba Safety team ( like The Angels at Saltfree ), is that they keep the idiot element away from the lines.

Did someone know how Croatian team do?
Veljano Zanki
Tomislav Svilićić
Mia Rizner

Congratulations on the records, Dahab sounds like an amazing place to be right now. Scary reading about the knife incident, though

Hello everyone,

Well, what a day it's been!! thanks so much to everyone for all the congratulations - and new nicknames ('Pocket Rocket??? - surely I'm the slowest diver ever and don't deserve that acolade - and how about Will W's 'Mighty Mouse' which is diong the rounds here...).

My dive was great, I'm absolutely chuffed with my result and am not sure it's all sunk in yet. I had a very brief tearful moment when the white card was shown and then was very touched that Nathalia Molchanova, who had been filming in the water, came to say congratulations to me. It's been a very special day.

Anyway, we just had the event committee and there were soooo many national records. I can't remember them all, many of them have already been mentioned by Sanso and various other reliable sources... Hopefully someone with a list will update this. But, at the risk of spreading untruths, countries among the line-up were Germany, UK, NZ, Holland, Slovakia, Sweden, Australia, Japan (x 2!), Serbia, Croatia, US,... eek worried I've missed one. Can anyone help ...?

It was a fabulous day, beautiful weather, calm, warm water and really great team making it all happen. Loads of athletes from all over the place and a great atmosphere. Congrats all round to the organisers, Freedive Dahab, and all the people behind the scenes.

Two days to go... A sneak preview has already been given on Annelie's announcement - and I've decided to have a go at 90m!!! After a frantic hour trying to find a bottom camera, it's all finally sorted and I'm off to bed!

Night night

x
S

Bugger, it seems that Will T has put the last of the 'achievable' NRs outta reach for us NZers!

Congrats to all, This is shaping up to be a hellava comp! Anyone brave enough to start a leaderboard?

Wow, what a :fridaymood there seem to be down there, congrats to you all on your, NR and WR + heaps of great attempts, Good luck to you all.
I hope to soon hear news about Annelie's WR dive, I so hope that she grabs it today.

Dive fun and stay safe all of you at the blue hole.:)
Cheers
Daniel

Any news from this morning? Anyone received any texts yet?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT