• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UAE or Oman spearfishing clubs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
ow dear they really have ruined the sport in dubai... is there NO other emirates that allow it? yeah please do get back to me.. were probably gunna try to keep spearing if we can but shh ;) such a shame though... we need to ffind a place were there aint manny coast guards :p anyways PM me if you hear any changes thanks Nesim im assuming your brother is Nadim.. you think there is any chance of going spearing with him one weekend, me and some friends live in dubai. thanks

Jonny.. you can try Um Al Quwain .. they have a wave breaker there thats pritty isolated, they also have a water treatment plant up there... shallow diving but some good fish show up ..

yes my brother is Nadim.. :)

Jonny.. you can try Um Al Quwain .. they have a wave breaker there thats pritty isolated, they also have a water treatment plant up there... shallow diving but some good fish show up ..

yes my brother is Nadim.. :)

hey!! long time... :)

Nadim's story about how they got arrested and hid the guns was hiliarious rofl did he go back and look for his?

haha classic! sounds like a crackin story :) ah right where abouts is Um Al Quwain i know of it have livd in Dubai for 16 years just dont know WHERE it is exactly any chance of a lil google earth picture of it :p
haha check this out ok roman shot a large trevally and you know how trevally have black spots on the back of them? ill put a picture up of the fish.
but anyway i posted the picture in a forum from Cornwall, UK to show them some fish we shoot and the guy was criticizing the way we spearfish, why we shoot such small fish ROFL i sent him a nasty message back but anyways he said 'why do you shoot your fish with kalashnikov or something' causse of the black spots!! what an idiot...
anyways herees the pic
thanks

ah forgot the pic here it is :p

Attachments

• trevalli.jpg
    trevalli.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 205
so you think that the cops are really cracking down on spearfishing now all over? we never had any trouble and Smaxel and i have been comfronted by a high ranking officer and he was just asking how our fishing went etc. and at the end he slipped in a 'be careful in the water' we gave him a big smile and wandered off! :D

but anyway i posted the picture in a forum from Cornwall, UK to show them some fish we shoot and the guy was criticizing the way we spearfish, why we shoot such small fish ROFL i sent him a nasty message back but anyways he said 'why do you shoot your fish with kalashnikov or something' causse of the black spots!! what an idiot...
anyways herees the pic
thanks

You really are a credit to Deeperblue are'nt you jonny? check out 'Master Blaster' on the Cornwall thread...so sorry for you guys that he lives there...:head :rcard

Jonny don't criticise a DB member by calling him an idiot; we do read other threads you know. God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth, try using them in that ratio a little more in the future.......

well why jump to conclusions?? anyways im off your thread go and enjoy it.. all of these people i have never met before. we have never cross paths, so why would they mind if i lived there? its people that criticize my every move, i try to show you some good pictures of things we have shot in dubai to give you a lil feel of what it is like out there with tropical fish warm waters and stuff and all i get is questions about my mentality and criticism? if i 'rape' cuttlefish? i mean fair game they are an easy target but they are nice to eat so why not shoot them if we will eat them. i realise i have touched on some sensitive areas in the UK and for that i appologise but surely you can see where i am coming from?
hope you understand.

well why jump to conclusions?? anyways im off your thread go and enjoy it.. all of these people i have never met before. we have never cross paths, so why would they mind if i lived there? its people that criticize my every move, i try to show you some good pictures of things we have shot in dubai to give you a lil feel of what it is like out there with tropical fish warm waters and stuff and all i get is questions about my mentality and criticism? if i 'rape' cuttlefish? i mean fair game they are an easy target but they are nice to eat so why not shoot them if we will eat them. i realise i have touched on some sensitive areas in the UK and for that i appologise but surely you can see where i am coming from?
hope you understand.

easy jonny... :) just be careful how you talk to some old timers here, you may find that he was just making a joke in the first instance. :) cheers for the apology, hope you sent it to that guy directly :)

yeah i know but it was partly appology and partly putting my point accross you wont be able to see the whole thing due to me having spent almost half an hour deleting EVERY single post i did on their thread, i see no thanks for doing that, i see no appology for touching on some rough patches, if i had of taken this the wrong way suggesting i am a terrorist with a klashnicov or wtva then that wouldnt have been too good! they suggested some stuff that i would never do in my right mind, TDS is just a lil fun we have joking around and stuff.. anyways ill send it to him on PM but you shoudl be able to see where i am coming from Sara?
thanks

yeah i know but it was partly appology and partly putting my point accross you wont be able to see the whole thing due to me having spent almost half an hour deleting EVERY single post i did on their thread, i see no thanks for doing that, i see no appology for touching on some rough patches, if i had of taken this the wrong way suggesting i am a terrorist with a klashnicov or wtva then that wouldnt have been too good! they suggested some stuff that i would never do in my right mind, TDS is just a lil fun we have joking around and stuff.. anyways ill send it to him on PM but you shoudl be able to see where i am coming from Sara?
thanks

nice one mate, good onya. sorry you are not joining us for the freediving course end of August :) (hey, you promised!!)

yeah im sorry too i was lookin forward to it.. maybe if i can save up some dosh i might be able to join you on the next one, or possibly we could even do some free diving just off the beach or somin i can get some tips and techniques off ya ;)
anyways have a good one,

Sara, Glad to see that you have been working hard to introduce free diving in the UAE, been hearing some good things about you and the course... :)

Jonny ... good point about using Google Earth for finding new spots to dive in.

I've also heard that the islands of Sur bu Nair (i think thats whats its called) is an amazing spot to dive....

The Musandam is also a good spot to dive, you can access two spots by road 4x4 though, Ziggy Beach & Dibba (by the mountains).... try talking to some of the local fishermen to take you on their boat, should be about 150dhs, but not all will accept with spearguns, your only other option is to swim, and its defnately worth it....

I've also heard that the islands of Sur bu Nair (i think thats whats its called) is an amazing spot to dive....

yep that's the one, it's in Sharjah waters and a couple of the Sheikhs dive from there all the time so must an ok place! Apparently the corals are beautiful too.

Check out these islands, although you'll need sea plane ;)

122_36462357-a2f8-47a2-89e6-54a99b204d42.jpg

Home - Projects - Desert Islands

Last edited:
Sara, forget the sea plane ... just tell me where about are these islands located, tried zooming in, but the res is too low ....

thanks a lot Nesim :) i was trying to locate a reef on it that i have hear about. In Jebel Ali there is a shore line reef that is shallow but quite big and gets deep couldnt find it anywhere. Yeah the only problem is that i have no boat to get to these places by, Sir Bu Nair sounds amazing would love to go but i dont think there is much chance of me renting a see plane out at my age cant imagine the price involved!

i was talking to my godfather who used to live in Dubai before they banned spearfishing and he said there were loads of people that did it all his work friends did, he was telling me about their liveaboard trips around Musandam, east coast etc. he said the best place by far that he every dived was a small island off the coast of Saudi Arabia called Quran Island, he said it was about 1km by 500m in size and there was nobody on there, only access by boat! there was a HUGE reef surrounding the island and the amount of fish there was unbelieve able and he said that a lot of the fish had never seen divers before so they had no idea that they have to run away if they dont want to get shot and eaten ;) said it was amazing they jhust camped on the island for 10 days!

that is what i want to do before i die :D
Nesim maybe we could go spearing some time together i have 2 other friends that would come?

woah nice man! some huge fish there! yeah that looks pretty sweet man give us a bell if you ever go on any day trips spearfishing.
thanks a lot mate keep in touch, here's my email address superfang80@hotmail.com add me if you have msn by all means
dubai number is 050-7244353
cheers

Hello,

I have recently gotten into spearfishing and havent gone out in UAE yet. I was wondering if there are any clubs or guides that are willing to get me started in the waters around UAE or Oman. Any info would be great. Thank you

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT