• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UAE or Oman spearfishing clubs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sorry Bazooka i did not answer you earlier seems that i forget to...

Killer's me thnx for the info...

Hi guys,

Im really new to spearing in fact i just started and i was wondering whether u can go spearing whilst scubadiving so spearing with scuba tank? Another thing is, Are there any cheap stores in Dubai or shud i bring my stuff from south Africa ( as in buy) finally WHERE do i Spear?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Cheerz,
Sp34ro

spearfishing on scuba is illegal...
no cheap stores in Dubai, so get your gear...or learn how to free dive...this way you can spearfish and in other words, land more fish.

I hope this was helpfull...

cheers

OK, this is really sickening... One of my spearo buddies is sitting with customs at DXB right now with a brand new spear gun he's brought over from NZ. They've confiscated the gun and are threatening to destroy it and hold him on weapons charges!!!

What gives!!!??? We can go to the mall and buy a speargun without even being asked for ID, but can't bring a gun in from another country???

Can anyone explain this?

Hi Atdnole, Youre mate is just very unlucky. If I can offer a tip for the future, dont label them as spear gun but rather as underwater fishing equipment. i have brought my guns through a good couple of times now with no issue.
Cheers,D

DHB how r u buddy?

I think u were lucky at ur last attempts :p did u try to do this recently? Customs now much strict...

Atdnole spear guns selling aint forbidden inside UAE but bringing those guns through not known end users is not allowed due to some high security reasonsi regret what happen with ur friend but this is how it goes here and i believe there are many shops here where u do not need to order something online!!!

All best

Hi guys,
I will be moving over to Dubai in short (January/February 2012) and want to meet people to share this hobby. I will bring my gear with me - hope no troubles... as I see not everything is quite clear so far (regulations). I've been spearfishing since a while a would be happy to meet other spearos.
I have seen good input from all you guys. Let's stay in touch... ;-)

Hi guys,
I will be moving over to Dubai in short (January/February 2012) and want to meet people to share this hobby. I will bring my gear with me - hope no troubles... as I see not everything is quite clear so far (regulations). I've been spearfishing since a while a would be happy to meet other spearos.
I have seen good input from all you guys. Let's stay in touch... ;-)

Pato,

You are most welcome, if you need anything let us know, PM me and i will give you my number.

no worries about your gear, they can go through the airport with no problems. just declare them as fishing items or diving gear.

Sam

Hi all

I keep looking for any spear fishing regulation in AD. do you know anything?
is this 2 km zone is something solid or its only rumour?
till now keep fishing next to the city and nothing happened byt police checked me twice on my way

will try but since I live in AD it is the closest water for me.
so a little different question : any nice diving points around capital? They closed the only beach with small coral reef to build another palace :(
Do you know any thing about reefs somewhere close to capital ?

Hello all fellow spearos,

a buddy and i are planning to travel from lebanon to qatar for a weeks spearfishing vacation. hopefully anyone here would like to gives us some tips, and maybe hook us up for some crazy time. our hunting lvl is up to 19 meters depth.
so if anyone is willing to help us out, we are willing to share boat expenses etc.....

saleh is that you ? its me bassam from spearfishing in lebanon fb group..... me and samer ghaziry are planing to come for a couple of days to spear, how have ya been! arent u spearing lately ?

Reactions: Salehthefish
Hi Bassam yes it is me :) how are you and how is Bassam? Well not much spearing due to weather here too dusty... it is supposed to be clear in 1 week as we hope. If you plan to come pass by UAE we can spearfish together...

All best

yes man we are planing to come soon, ill catch up with you online on fb chat... dive safe!!

I'm flying back into RAK Jan 2nd just packing my gear. Been a while since the toys came to water. Any info on RAK and any spearos want to meet up?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT