• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UAE or Oman spearfishing clubs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey Nessim,

Do you know anything about the red tide situation on the east coast? Has it improved? I just got a new boat, and I'm itching to take it up to Musandam for a spearing trip!

redline

Still some at Dibba Rock 2 weekends ago :(

hey im new to the are and im looking for some good shops in kuwait city to plus up my gear. any suggestions? i could really use the help i only have minimal gear with me and it would cost me an arm and a leg to ship my gear from Hawaii out here id rather just purchase new equipment.

hey im new to the are and im looking for some good shops in kuwait city to plus up my gear. any suggestions? i could really use the help i only have minimal gear with me and it would cost me an arm and a leg to ship my gear from Hawaii out here id rather just purchase new equipment.

From Honolulu to Kuwait? Eish!

Good luck mate. Man, what a culture change. There are shops in Dubai who might ship. there is also a DB member called Mishu1984. He spears and used to live in Kuwait. Try contacting him.

Here's a few suggestions:

Nile Divers from Egypt

Contact us Wasseim Zein of Hayaari From Abu Dhabi UAE

QatarSub from Qatar

They are the nearest shop that i know of if you dont want to order from Europe and USA:friday

go to salmiya, by AUK and you can find some cressi-sub gear.
otherwise go to shuweikh and to al-boom marine or across the street to al-sabeeh marine.

gime a day and il try to get you the omer dealer in kuwait. il also look for riffe.

wow, thank you for the help everyone, i apreciate it. im going to check out al boom tommorrow hopefully. in desperate need after today. down to my three prong pole spear...

i should be back in kuwait by the beginning of june, although i havent dived there since 2005. il let you know

The Hall of Fame has had its latest update. If you haven't looked lately there are some great new entries with pictures and stories aplenty. New featured catch is a Halibut, no less. http://forums.deeperblue.com/spearo-board/82043-deeper-blue-spearfishing-hall-fame.html

Some members, however, have been missing out by falling foul of the rules. Make sure you take pictures and most importantly weigh your catch then with a little luck and some skill you too could join the ranks of the famous Hall of Fame DB spearo's.

Dave

Reactions: island_sands
al-sabeeh is also the dealer for Omer products. but you might find it cheaper to ship your stuff than buying it in kuwait.

Hy guys
I buy my stuff always in europe:)
Ok
I come at the end of june to the east coast more precisely diba
Would like anybody go to spearfishing with me:blackeye

My special request :confused:
So many people tell me in mine country (Germany) that spearfishing is not allowed:naughty by now I have scare to bring my speargun with me

Thanks

Anyone still reading this post?

Anyone has a better understanding of the spearfishinig law in Dubai?

I have a 120 RA... I hope to be able to do it from mid march... waiting for my RA to tunr up with my house hold move...

I would be a new spearo in Dubai. If anyone wants to meet...

In the UAE it's not clear but you can spear (fact). In Oman even some Emiratis have been caught with speargun, they got it confiscated + fine. I have been spearing in Oman though, so it's possible, like someone already said make it discret and don't upset the fishermen...

Hy guys
I buy my stuff always in europe:)
Ok
I come at the end of june to the east coast more precisely diba
Would like anybody go to spearfishing with me:blackeye

My special request :confused:
So many people tell me in mine country (Germany) that spearfishing is not allowed:naughty by now I have scare to bring my speargun with me

Thanks

Plenty of people have been hunting in dibba (or diba).
You have a tread from saleh with pictures of it.

Are you still coming to hunt?
If yes I may come with you.
BTW: i am hunting in dubai and I have never had any issue.
please let me know if you want to meet

hello guys/gals
Fishing laws in general are unclear in Dubai.... the following was posted June 6th.

gulfnews : Dubai fishing licences for residents only

It mentions that you need a fishing licence to engage in any form of fishing activity in Dubai. Spearfishing would fall under that.

Having said that, I know for a fact that spearfishing on any man made structures is prohibited ... that includes all wave breakers, palm islands oil rigs etc ...

As mentioned earlier, the laws about spearfishing are unclear.... spear guns are sold widly in UAE.

best thing is to be descrete!!!

good luck to all you spearo's ouut there!

N.

And here is how to get a licence ... :confused:

Dear Nesim
Thanks for E-mail. Most applications in Dubai Municipality are complete online (even Recreational Fishing License service) from applying application until getting approval. Any person can apply & get fishing license who resident only & living in Dubai (Tenancy contract & DEWA bill for prove). The ways to apply online you have fellow the steps:
1- You have to register on Dubai Municipality Website (once time) through internet Dubai Municipality Portal click on "register" (below user ID & Password)
2- Click on "Apply for public user registration"
3- Fill "User Registration Forum"
4- Choose Environment Department (on first column) & tick check box on Recreational Fishing License service "on second column" (on registration forum) after completion these form, you will receive username and password from Dubai Municipality server (Automatic generated).
5- Log in by username & password on web site Dubai Municipality Portal.
6- Consider there are two types of recreational fishing license (line & hook), which are Coastline and leisure boat. We encourage to attach valid (pleasure boat license) issued from National Transport Authority.
The documents are one photo, passport, labor card, driving license & vehicle registration card (if you have), tenancy contract & DEWA bill on applicant name attach on electronic application. On application, you will find further details about accommodation (on top left side of website). Application will verify within 3 working days you could collect your license from our office on Monday & Wednesday between 07:30 am – 14:30 pm in Abu Hail area (next to Main Post in Diera). Fees in free of charge. Do not hesitate to call us for any further details (even small questions) you could contact between 7:30 – 14:30 (Fridays & Saturdays off days). The most concern for us is complying with "Federal Law No. (23) of the year 1999 regarding the exploitation, Protection and Development of living Aquatic Resources in the waters of the State of the United Arab Emirates".

Best regards

Mohammed Ali Hahsim Al Hussain
Marine Environment & Wildlife Section
Environment Department
Dubai Municipality

: +971 4 6066822
 : +971 4 7033532
 : mahussain@dm.gov.ae
 : Dubai Municipality Portal
Dubai Municipality
Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary - RAKWS

وتفضلوا بقبول فائق الاحترام والتقدير

محمد علي هاشم ال حسين
قسم البيئة البحرية والحياة الفطرية
إدارة البيئة
بلدية دبي

: +971 4 6066822
 : +971 4 7033532
 : mahussain@dm.gov.ae
 : Dubai Municipality Portal
Dubai Municipality
Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary - RAKWS

رؤيتنا: بناء مدينة متميزة تتوفر فيها رفاهية العيش ومقومات النجاح
Our Vision: To create an excellent city that provides the essence of success and comfort of living

GOOD LUCK !

Good morning

Thank you so much for those info.

I read this article in Gulf News but could not find anywhere how to register...

Thank you again...

I will do it right away

Arno

@ lafona 00
Thanks for your offer but I have been in Dibba last year I have not been hunting because everywere are since where is written marin resurve fishing prohibited
all the best

Hi Jewan

Are you there for spearfishing?
If yes we could meet.

It is my first trip to this part of UAE, therefore I have no specfic plans (except spearfishing ;-)

Where are you going?

I am going to try to look at Google Earth to see where I want to go from the shore and/or boat.

I have the name of a company who rents boats for around 300 a hour.

Arno

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT