• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UK season is on..or is it?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
some nice bass you got there!! how deep were they and for how long did you hunt?

I stayed dry this weekend.. too cold and not in the mood for it yet.. just cant be bothered to dive and watch nothing float by next to nothing.. :|

Pekka

Hello everibody,

I have been spearfishing in the med for years but I moved to London a few months ago. I was hopeless because I did not think that UK would be good for spearfishing but I have had the chance, since then, to go fishing with Ed in Guersney and really had a lot of fun there (Ed recommended this website) and, looking at the fish landed by you guys (Old Dave: fantastic bass!!), I believe now that UK is a great place for diving!
I would like to explore the UK coasts a bit to try to catch some nice bass mysefl. Can anyone recommend a good location for this (decent visibility and safe coast: I live in South London, i.e. London Bridge, and have car).

Thanks a lot

Hey Old Dave - Mega catch!

Where are you based? Tell all!

Hi Fabio, we meet again, even if it's on line. Have you seen Ed's picture of his plaice caught a few days after you left Guernsey. Bass fishing is big in the UK but flatfishing is also good. Something you didn't have in the Med. See you next time you visit and we'll dive.

Old Dave you gotta tell. Keeping us in the dark 'snot fair.

Dave (other old Dave).

Hey Dave, how are you? nice to meet you again! Yes, I have seen Ed's big plaice! I have never seen such a big plaice in the med.

It would be great to go fishing together in Guernsey: it is a great dive there! Also, I would like to find some locations close to London since it would be nice to know that every now and then I can drive a couple of hours and try to catch some nice fish to cook!

Cheers

Fabio

Yesterdays catch English Channel depth of water 13 metres vis 5 metres dive duration two hours.Today I did not see any quality fish in a three hour dive,however my pal did observe two or three good Bass landing one of 6.2 kilo's and here it is.

Kev.unsure how to answer your question! ( who pulled on Steves rubbers) rofl rofl rofl rofl

Attachments

• eric.jpg
    eric.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: Alison
Old Dave, another fantastic catch!! Can you recommend any good location in the English Channel to go fishing without a boat?
Thanks
Fabio

Fabio.try Bognor Regis Sussex ( last picture taken there depth 7 metres ) the reef starts on the beach west end of town going out to sea half mile then veering east for a mile or so parallel to coast line.hope this helps.

p.s about 40 mile drive one way. Best of luck :)

P.s to tell more I would have to SHOOT you

Hi old dave
You sure your not buying these fish from the fishmongers or fishing in Brighton Aquarium?
Man that's some fishing. In nearly 40 years I haven't made catches like that and I live in one of the bassyest places on earth. 6.3 kilo that's practically my PB.
You know you said "If you tell Fabio any more you gotta shoot him". If I shoot him for you will you tell me more?
Where is it you are. I think I'm gonna emigrate.
I would say good hunting but it frightens me to think what you would catch if I did.
Tell us more. We crave the details.
Dave

Don't tell Fabio too much !
Last time he came over he cleaned up with a large bass, several smaller ones and a lobster !
Just kidding - a good guy to go diving with and looking forward to having him over here again in the next few weeks.

The 'English Channel' - I can see why you didn't mention it the first time - you'd have every tom, dick and harry going there. Don't worry I won't tell a sole/soul....

Ed

Old Dave, thanks a lot for your tips! I will try there for sure and ... do not need to know more!

Ed, really look forward to coming over and having some sessions in Guersney (it sounds that I have got to be careful next time I am over if I do not want to "sleep with the fishes"...)

Cheers

Fabio

Early season....I have been itching to get hunting for some months... Perhaps next weekend is good enough for some action..

Pekka,

P.S. Very nice bass there! I'll have to really work to equal that one..:)

old dave said:
And I thought you were making a such good recovery Alison!! never mind rofl rofl rofl
Thanks for your concern!
Actually I'm not doing that bad, swimming 1500m 3 times a week, breath hold is a staggering 1:30 (ish) lol but not bad seeing the amount of damage my chest sustained, I just cant load a gun yet :(

Pekka, bream will be arriving inshore any day. Keep your eyes open and get ready for long bottom times in cold water.

Alison
Re the old Dave thing, have you heard this one?
An old bull and a young bull are standing in a field chewing the cud. The young bull says "I'm going to run down to the bottom of the field and have one of those cows." The old bull says "Yeh, good idea, you do that. But personally I'm going to walk down there and have them all."
Age is an attitude thing and boy have I got attitude.
All the best
Dave (the old bull).

Alison. Sounds like Kylie's record, I should be so lucky lucky lucky, or Bull as a load of. rofl rofl rofl

Good hunting folks

Lucky?? Be a ........ miricale rofl rofl Mrs Old man Dave will soon sort him out ;)

Howdy
I am in Sunbury, London and fish most weekends in the summer. Drop me a mail with your contact details. Have a small Zodiac that we fish off.
Cheers Paul

UK diving season is totally not on.. blink and you'll miss it...

I went today got all the way to the beach just to turn around because of bad weather.... UK diving season is like bad phone... no reception and when you get it it is all crackly.

Pekka

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT