• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vertical Blue 2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Amazing!
and no mouthfill for equalizing
How does he equalize without mouthfill? I guess he can't do it just with diaphragm in that depth (especially when he needs to equalize the mask too). Reverse packing? If so, isn't it actually mouthfill too?

I had the pleasure of seeing Davide 'work' underwater several times. He IS like fluid underwater. Amazing skills!

Walter will definitely go for 100m, and there will be at least 2 more announcements over 100m, one of which you should probably make sure you are sitting down when you read...
We are down to the second to last day of Vertical Blue 2009, and there will be fireworks.
Stand by...
http://www.verticalblue.net/news

Last edited:
... and there will be at least 2 more announcements over 100m, one of which you should probably make sure you are sitting down when you read...
Let me guess: Eric Fattah 120m on FRC :)

Good luck Will!

You too Wal, it's about time you got a proper shot at CWT

Kerian you just take it easy now, ok? I have enough to worry about with Will breathing down my neck, thanks very much.

Good luck Will!

You too Wal, it's about time you got a proper shot at CWT

Kerian you just take it easy now, ok? I have enough to worry about with Will breathing down my neck, thanks very much.

Dave,

It wont be long before Wal catches up to you Kiwi(velcro glove wearing) freedivers.
Then we will be able to check another sport off on the long list of things in which Aussies are better than Kiwi's at.

since i am a very curious charachter, could anyone please post a pic of eric f and davide carrera? its just that once a person intrigues you, its nice to have a face to go with it..
and well if they are hotties... hehe...
drea

since i am a very curious charachter, could anyone please post a pic of eric f and davide carrera? its just that once a person intrigues you, its nice to have a face to go with it..
and well if they are hotties... hehe...
drea

Here are the athlete profiles with pics from the VB site. Scroll down to the bottom:

William Trubridge News

Unbelievable, just unbelievable.

So many amazing performances.

Wal - seriously dude, you gotta get out of Canberra. Come see me up in QLD, i'm sure we can find a nice deep patch for you to train regularly in. Just amazing to see you continually improve despite wearing out day after day. Best of luck for the next dive!

Cheers,
Ben

This competition, its format and venue, and of course the amazing divers competing make it so exciting. When I get home each eveing from work, I am logging into catch the latest. When I get up, before I head out I check once again. This comp is freediving history in the making for sure.

Re: Walter Steyn: We are barracking for him in Australia for the 100m, thats for sure.

Judge

Good luck to all,especially to Herbert as his announcement is really .....historical....at least....

I would like to correct Williams text on his website:

Natalia Molchanova moved the CWT world record with 8 meters in one dive at AIDA WC 2005. Mandy had the record before the comp with 78m and Natalia won with 86m. Herbert, if he make his dive will move the record 6 meters. The second biggest step in CWT ever TOGETHER with Carlos Coste 2004 who also improved the CWT record with 6 meters (from 96m to 102m)

BUT of course the 120 is a fantastic number !!!

Have a nice day
/B

I would like to correct Williams text on his website:

Natalia Molchanova moved the CWT world record with 8 meters in one dive at AIDA WC 2005. ...

Have a nice day
/B

If I am not wrong, those athletes usually did not move their OWN records for that margin, right? That makes it different in my opinion.

I would just like to make one correction in regards to Walter Styen.

Walter is no longer an Australian.

For the longest time, Australian's have been claiming famous pieces of NZ History, for example Phar Lap (famous race horse), Split Enz, Crowded House (both successful rock bands), Russel Crow (You can keep that one, we dont want him back) and the list goes on. :martial

Since there is a good showing of Kiwi's here, we have decided to claim one from Australia and make him ours.

From this point forward Walter will be diving as a Kiwi attemting New Zealand national records and thereby slightly easing the pain all us lesser mortals from NZ feel when Dave Mullins name appears on the entry list.

Walter... We welcome and salute you for this bold move. :friday

Reactions: shoutatthesky
If I am not wrong, those athletes usually did not move their OWN records for that margin, right? That makes it different in my opinion.

The text on Will's page say nothing about that.

And if we incl CNF we have even more examples about bigger steps in one go.

Text from Will's site:

On the 5th of April Herbert Nitsch amazed the crowd at Dean's Blue Hole, as well as spectators following the event all over the world, with a monofin dive to 114m (374 feet). Tomorrow he will attempt a depth of 120m (393 feet). Never before has a single athlete shifted the world record in constant weight by such a margin, and to do so now, when many believe we are approaching if not a limit then at least a plateau in improvement, would be a staggering feat.

/B

When i got up i had a short message on my phone saying: "120m Herbert!!"..imagine me jumping from bed to cumputer..honestly i was running to see it..and there it was..both Will and Herbert..what an attempts!! My God i can wait for the dive! I wish tv would broadcast it live or even some clips on youtube..God i want to see them diving!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT