• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Webinar - Freediving Q&A session

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
thias videos are amazing...
thanks for sharing with us!!!!

Just listened to #3. Very good stuff. Will be getting a 10 inch ball asap.

Connor

Alina - is this a regular event. If so drop me some details and i'll get a news item up on DB.

Stephan I sent you all the details in a private message on face book and this was at least 2 weeks ago and did not receive a reply as yet , I presume I did it wrong .
I appologise ,I am not great with computer related issues .
First thank you for your kind offer of help ,yes I would like to take you up on it if it is not too late.
The webinar in English is every 2nd week at 2100-2200 hrs ( GMT +2 ) the next is on 13th March and the following is on March 27th etc.
Each session is recorded for those who cant make it .In order to post questions you must be a member of Twitter. Questions can be posted during the session and I will try to answer them immediately , or after the session in which case they will be addressed the following week.
Thanks again Stephan

Reactions: vali
Thank you for joining us, guys! The webinar is recorded for those who missed it :)
Please join our next webinar event, to stay updated.

Thanks, Bill!
All the webinars - English and Hebrew are in this link:
Stream Live Video on Twitter from twitcam- powered by Livestream
There might be one or two missing, as unfortunately, there are some bugs in twitcam.
I can't figure out what is the reason, but sometimes, after the webinar is finished, (and I click "stop", and straigh after "record video") I find out that it's lost :-/ :rcard
Hope to have less and less of those.
Or to find a better webinar service provider.

Great Webinars Aaron, I like your style of presentation, and can affirm with experience nearly all the things you've explained.

You asked for it, so I have a question for you.

High condition, tall, skinny, lean, good static, poor dynamic.

I'm 35, 187cm and 74 KG, and have very little fat and thin long arms and legs.
My muscles are good at long high level endurance - I've always had that and these days its higher then ever because I bicycle 10x20km a week at a sprinting pace to my work, being a swim teacher. I figure that my muscles and veins can exchange a very high amount of blood (great aerobe ability), consequently my muscles transition to anaerobe very late, only when the O2 in the blood does not reach the muscle. The result is that my dynamic needs to be ended because of shortage of O2 to my brain, but have no or hardly no feelings of lactic acid build up. To counter this I'm adapting my preparation and dive style. Herein my goal is to lower my blood-flow, and keep the blood flow slow, in order for my muscles to transition to anaerobe quicker, so I keep my O2 for my brain, and have the muscles use the anaerobic system. In my experiments I discovered this works.

a) Can you confirm the model I have of how it all works?
b) What ideas do you have to improve dynamics in this situation?

Your Seminars are very motivational, as well as the new divers I met in Belgium, So I wish to work on my depth, with intermediate goals of reaching the needed pool numbers. Eventually I hope to do Umberto's 80m CWT.

ps.

To complement the picture of my situation, in static my Heart Rate goes down fast from 100 down to 53 in 35 seconds, than gradually arches down to 37 @ 2'25" (first contraction) then slowly linearly inclines to the end, 41 @ 5'15". My pb's are 7' static, 150m DYN, 111DNF, 65m CW, 47m CNF.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Thanks for the nice conversation online, I will continue the research and report my findings to you.

I got one more question for your webinars.

Since I know of you, recommended as a very good instructor, but I have no clue about your person, can you sketch a quick his-story of yourself and your freediving?
I would love to know who Aharon Solomons is, how and what skills and wisdom he's gathered, and what he's currently researching, learning.

Another question,

About measuring.

How to recognise improvements?
What can we measure in freediving?
How can we measure in freediving?
How can we isolate measurements?
What measurements matter the most?

I'm confident this can fill another webinar easily.

Hi people, get ready for the next very informative webinar tonight!

The webinar in English is every 2nd week at 2100-2200 hrs ( GMT +2 )

20:00 Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Madrid time (GMT +1)

Highly recommended!

Maybe we NEED to be logged in and on twitter in order to see it live?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT