• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Webinar - Freediving Q&A session

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Wish I had been at a computer-- will the webinar video be posted online?

I could not find the latest webinar today, only the one aired 15 days ago.

To reason known only to the providers of the twitcam service, only the last 35 seconds were recorded :-(

Oh that's a pitty! better luck next time!

(perhaps record the talk from your end too, and publish it on youtube?)

Announce of the next webinar! Save the date [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yd77u46uqU"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yd77u46uqU[/ame]

Join us today for the webinar at 22:30 GMT+3.
The link will be provided here minutes before will be live on air.
Don't miss it!
computer_punch_smiley.gif

Excellent talk! - I wholly agree with having an open mind, and refraining oneself from behaving judgemental without proper knowledge. Instead of condoning, ask yourself how may it be done?

To detail what I've shared with Aharon about my no wheat diet experiment:

I've yet to take it to maximum training levels,
but I notice that my body goes much quicker into anaerobic mode, I need less sleep, have more energy throughout my day and am warmer in the pool where I teach children how to swim.
In effect I eat everything except grains and chemicals.

Stefan Mifsud apparently went the other way for his static WR - 11'35", he apparently did pasta and lettuce for a month...

---

As a background, I've started the 'no grains' experiment a few months ago.
Within a few days the differences started to appear, becoming very pronounced after two weeks. My normal weekly routines involve a lot of cardio because I need to bicycle a lot work, 40km a day. My work is swim instruction and lifeguarding. So it's rather physical too. This routine is in conflict with my freediving, as it takes so much energy that on rest-days I really need to rest and recover... Also the big, extended aerobic ability is counter to what freedivers need, an early transition to anaerobe muscle use. Last month I had the pleasure of using my parents car and I happily drove about 1600km to my job and back. Last Friday they came back and this weekend I've put another 180 on my bicycle to work again :( The good news is that I noticed that my aerobic to anaerobic transition point has moved a great deal in the right direction - much more early! I'm looking forward to doing in water experiments to see how this diet change affects my dynamics, static and depth. However I'm in need of a new regular freediving buddy to get deep into freediving again.

As for questions for your next webinar:

- how to unlearn negative associations with breath-holding?
(for people that have learned to associate breath-holding with suffering, breath-holding burn out)
- what is for you the difference between breath-hold diving and freediving?
(for me freediving is diving for in the moment feelings, not numbers. Thus only a part of the breath-hpld diving domain)
- where can I have myself tested for work allergy?

I've been experimenting with this gluten and no-gluten thing for a year and haven't notice difference yet.
Aleix, Spanish guy who just did 9:27 (and has more in tank) on CMAS WCH mainly consume bread + pasta (instead of rice and potatoes).

I am finding these webinars to be a great resource of advanced knowledge and real experience from a long-time depth trainer / coach.

Excellent work!

Reactions: Kars
Another question for the next webinar.

What about hibernation, voluntarily cooling of the mind and body to safe oxygen. Have you any idea how it can be done within such small time frame of about 2 minutes?

Possible question for webinar.

How to come back to diving after ear injuries? (perforations, rapture etc)

Should it be done gradually? With longer resting periods between dives etc?

Thank you

Reactions: Kars
Great idea Shallow guy, why not expand that question to say the top 5 freediving related injuries?

Also how to overcome and prevent a breath-hold burn out?

What are the top 5 principles a beginner needs to learn to understand?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT