• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Webinar - Freediving Q&A session

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks for the comments guys . Not quite sure what this rule of 5s is about ,5 top freediving accidents ,5 top principles a begginner needs to understand . Please give me your ideas on this .

The 5 is totally random, though if you like numerology you may choose a number or more and match it with some mysterious philosophy:)

Some core freediving principles on top of my head, relaxation, flexibility, concentration, technique, flow.
Off cause you can specify by discipline, and or by the propulsion technique used. What to look for when you're learning bi-fins? What to look for learning static, CWT etc ? Many beginning people have a number or goal, but lack the overview of the steps in-between. They have not learned to discern what make up a good dive. Consequently good experienced depend on instrument's measurements alone. How do we have consistent fun? What is the fun of freediving, where do we find it?

Forgive me Aharon for my long ramble, I hope it may help your inspiration.

Also I would love to here more about your own freediving history, your personal moments of victory and perhaps of your falls too. How does freediving give you joy?

Last edited:
Hi Aharon,

I was training back in my 31m quarry (4 degrees thermocline below 10m) for the whole summer. I got to the point that I can do repetitive dives to the bottom on full-exhale with mouthfill on surface before going down. Is there anything else I can do to train flexibility in such conditions?

I must say it's working cause one weekened I went to another Polish lake, where I had only 3 days of diving and without other preparation I've achieved 70, 80 and 90m (depth limit in this lake).

thanks for Your tips;)

Reactions: aharon solomons
Matt I think you have got it ! that and drops ( head down variable without any braking device ) are the best preparation. Keep up the good work -avoid getting too extreme in a fit of jubilation .Just maintenance work now so as not to lose it ,and I am sure you will do wonders next season .Thanks very much for sharing .

This is what I try to discover now, how much maintenance work is needed to keep up this state. I do daily stretching (udiyana bandha or whatever You spell it:) ) few minutes + once a week 3-4 dives like this. For last 3 weeks I haven't noticed any regression. If it keep up like this I will try to go once per 2 weeks time frame (especially in winter).

What I also like is taking 6-7kg of led and doing 7-8 dives to bottom in CNF with 90% inhale (in interval). suit I use is 3mm pants + 7mm top.

Wow Matt, 6-7 KG in cnf on 90% full? you must be falling fast! And having a big work-out getting up!

Last week I was practising a bit in 11m water, wearing 3mm Dynamic Apea Suit (tight long john) and 4mm top and just 2kg weights. I was Surprised that on a 85%-90% full lungs I only need 3 cnf strokes to fall - 7m +. the Way up was equally easy. Hopefully I get to test this suit configuration a bit deeper soon. I'm in need of more buddies though.
Equalisation was shaky. But last night I discovered that laying on my back it and yawing it was easy to find the muscles that can pull open the tubes, and it was also easy to learn to use the tongue movement to equalise in combination with holding the nose off cause. Head and body position can be a big difference in equalisation.

Join us for the webinar tomorrow at 21:00 GMT+3 (Israeli time).
Link will be published right before the broadcast.
Don't miss ;)

Reactions: Kars
Could you please answer this question on your next webinar;

When I was in Eilat a few days ago and diving at the Satil shipwreck at depths of up to 23 meters. On some dives the equalization was very smooth and easy and I was able to reach these depths (15+ meters) but at some dives at around 10 meters I felt like my lungs were empty and I couldn't equalize any more so I just stayed at that depth without progressing deeper.
When I returned home I examined the footage I took with a friends Gopro Hero 3 that was mounted on my head and found out something I haven't noticed before. On some dives at different depths I could hear a "squeak" sound that probably indicated that i'm using Valsalva to equalize instead of the Frenzel technique.

Could you please discuss this issue on the next webinar and perhaps a way to solve it.

Thank you very much!

Mark

Reactions: Azrael3000
Mark, I strongly advice you to listen to the previous webinars, Aharon explains there a different and easier technique, and ways to train that. Though I do not recall which episode, I think all Aharon's webinars are very interesting and educational.

We have been obliged to change next Wednesday’s Webinar to Tuesday at 21:00 GMT+3 (Israel time).

Hi, the video seems to be cut off at the 50:23 mark. Any way to amend this? Thanks.
Checking it - it was supposed to be 58 mins . There is unfortunately nothing we can do about this ,it seems to be an inherent fault in this system .We are looking for another platform at the moment ,all the others seem to be very expensive ,do not record, and limit you to a given number of users. We did not imagine we would give out free knowledge and have to pay for the privilege.

Reactions: sulaco
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT