• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wessex Spearfishing Club 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi,
does anyone know, is it worth to try diving under St. Aldhem's Head? I'd like to sail there this Friday.

Alright Tunny, nice to meet you in the water tuther day. Did you have any luck? B

No mate saw two bass that bolted in 2m of vis and saw a huge shoal of small Mullet on the way in, unfortunately I was time restricted by a bloody conference call! So I only had 1 1/2 hours in - I saw the two Bass at my furthest point where I had to turn around as I was running out of time :head.

Going back in today same spot but no time restriction today so hopeful going to be coming home with a good sized bass the ones I saw were 4-5 lb'ers.

Cheers

Ryan

No mate saw two bass that bolted in 2m of vis and saw a huge shoal of small Mullet on the way in, unfortunately I was time restricted by a bloody conference call! So I only had 1 1/2 hours in - I saw the two Bass at my furthest point where I had to turn around as I was running out of time :head.

Going back in today same spot but no time restriction today so hopeful going to be coming home with a good sized bass the ones I saw were 4-5 lb'ers.

Cheers

Ryan
I am going down again today as well bout 2ish. Went down yesterday as well and viz had improved a bit and there seemed to be more fish (maybe I could just see them a bit better). Only saw couple of baby bass but came away with three size mullet. Maybe see you innabit B

Reactions: Tunny
I am going down again today as well bout 2ish. Went down yesterday as well and viz had improved a bit and there seemed to be more fish (maybe I could just see them a bit better). Only saw couple of baby bass but came away with three size mullet. Maybe see you innabit B

Must have missed you! I got in at 1 and out by 3.30 today only saw a pair of Bass and took one of them, the vis was only 2-3m at best when diving down. Got my Bass at 7m today weighed in at 2.5 lbs.

Hope you had some more luck and I didn't scare them all away as you did for me yesterday roflrofl

I won't complain after Tuesdays fruitless dive and the pint in the cove went down extremely well afterwards!

Cheers

Ryan

Gents, where can we go tonight?

I am not sure if there will be anything unless someone else can comment, as it looks like we have south westerlies for the wind.

Any ideas anyone?

Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum and am interested in getting into the sport and meeting people in the area, and even catching the odd free dinner.

Im a keen snorkeler and go every weekend I can (depending on conditions). I mostly go to places like man o war, swanage and just random nice spots I can find along the Purbacks etc.

Iv have dived to about 30 feet (havent tried any deeper yet), and my PB breath hold is about 1.30.

Would be good to hear from you guys
Cheers lads
Carl

Hi,I'm just back from holidays and I did a quick dive today the viz was very bad not more than two metres but the sea was nice and calm on top a bit strong the current on the bottom,I managed 3 bass and for the first time a garfish that looks quite bigger than usual,i'll take the misures later.
Anyway I dont reccomend to dive to anybody in Durlstone area.
PS:hi Carl welcome to DB,you will find a buddy and all info you need here. Cheers.Toni.

Anyone had a look at the sea, is it clearing up for the weekend. North west winds forecast upto tomorrow i saw yesterday (may have been a wonderful dream thou)!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not sure about the sea however there is some good viz down at Portland swimming pool - they have an open day on Sunday to introduce newcomers to underwater hockey/octopush. It's a great sport to keep wet whilst the sea is vizless:). See info below. Most who play here are relatively new to the sport so no-one will be out of there depth....
Subject: Osprey Open Day Sunday 19th September

Osprey has an open day on Sunday 10am - 3pm
I'll be there most of the day - if anyone would like to do a shift please let me know
We will have the free use of the pool from 2 - 3pm to introduce anyone to the sport or have a game, practice etc.
If any of you would like to come along please do.* If you can let me know before hand it would be useful but not essential.
Linda
01305 813252
Posted via Mobile Device

Went today with Cesar in a low tide in Newtons cove and we had a fantastic day out the sea was calm and flat with a bad vis on the right hand side so we headed on the left with better vis and plenty of fishes. I had 6 mullett and 3 bass the biggest bass was almost 5lb.C'mon guys dont giveup!!!:martial

Attachments

• 22092010152.jpg
    22092010152.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 171
Went today with Cesar in a low tide in Newtons cove and we had a fantastic day out the sea was calm and flat with a bad vis on the right hand side so we headed on the left with better vis and plenty of fishes. I had 6 mullett and 3 bass the biggest bass was almost 5lb.C'mon guys dont giveup!!!:martial

Good one Toni, see you Sunday:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hay Toni, think you should change your name to "the bass master"! Do you have a special bass attracting aftershave? Fair play mate! Need to get some tips off of you some time. B

Hay Toni, think you should change your name to "the bass master"! Do you have a special bass attracting aftershave? Fair play mate! Need to get some tips off of you some time. B
Sorry mate no basstershave,I just wear different clotes rofl. Cheers.

Nice one Tony some nice size bass there, was in last night not far from said spot and come home with 3 mullet, 1 bass and 2 nice crabs:)

Hi guys,
if is there someone that want to do tuesday or wednsday morning dive plese send me a pm.cheers.toni.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT