• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What The Hell Happened...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Murat...

Originally posted by Murat
In my opinion sometimes this forum lacks of hospitality for non US divers. Somehow they don't let you become a part of their community. .........

Lately there is a grouping of european divers.I feel them more close to me. They just simply does not judge your every comment wheather its true or not.

Murat, you have to understand that when you DO post something that ISN'T true, many of us feel responsible to correct you. I can see how you take this as "unfriendly" but you have to consider the amount of experience and maturity(age) that exists on this forum. Posing as an experienced diver to those naive to the sport is just downright dangerous. Experience does not come from "books" or written material, but rather practice. And, when you read things such as posts on the Freediving Forums and try to insinuate that is how it's done for spearfishermen too, you're going to irritate a lot of members here. Please remember, we are not Freedivers and should never train like one unless we're always in the company of a competant spotter and scuba support. In most instances for us, this is not the case.

Freedive spearfishing is not a club, there is no hierarchy. It is just a group of people that enjoy a common interest. And for you to say that this forum lacks hospitality for "non-US divers" is just rediculous. Some of the best divers in the world are European and many of them are my friends. So, please try to avoid crapping on the plate you're so eager to eat off of every day.

Anderson

Originally posted by rigdvr
This used to be the premier site for spearos and will be again soon...

I hope so! Yes, it's me RJV. We need to get Montero here posting and contributing. I've tried to promote this site to other freediving spearos and I know they visit it without posting (You know who you are (tocayo, Gerald, Blake, and many others).

Anyhow, as I've stated before, the level of knowledge and expertise of mentors of this site is sometimes intimidating and humbling. I guarentee I'll bring in some quality breath-hold freediving hunters to log-on and chime in. Keep up the good work!

Sven,
Thanks for the spelling correction. Sorry I haven’t participated in the contests. Maybe when the lactic acid wears off I will add a few words to one.

As for one of my good friends you referred too, if you want to question his sincerity you have right to your opinion. I for one am glad he changed his mind and stayed. I find his posts, like most of yours, to be informative and helpful. I look forward to diving with him in two weeks.

As for some more interesting threads, why don’t you add some of that engineering and spearfishing wisdom to this thread, "High Power, Light, Low Recoil Guns – The Future?" at http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?postid=287641#post287641
don

P.S. Sorry for ignoring all the other posters of thread. Your posts were great and I enjoyed reading them.

Last edited:
Montero hunted with several from this forum a couple of days in the keys this past April...small world.

As for the mentors...dont worry about those freaks:martial Ive got German Shizer videos of all their mom's... :chatup

Stephen, I understand the stats but take a second to browse the hunting threads...85% have been Memo and Murat.(not saying anything bad about either individual)

As for you Murat, the problems you8 had is when you were giving advice and opinions that started with "I read..." before you even had a pair of fins. Your posts now are entirely different because you have grown as a hunter. Go look at some of your earlier posts compared to now and you will see the change, I bet you dont gat near the negative replies you used to;)

Rolando, incase noone has said this already, welcome aboard. I know you as RJV already(I believe). This used to be the premier site for spearos and will be again soon...

Firstly, i already did what you said. One day i seat on the comp. and reread many of the post that i wrote from the first day.And YES i saw what changed. You are right... But you know, in the beginnig i had such a great passion thats impossible to describe.... I wrote wrong comments, when i reread some post about guns, i thought what the hell i was saying, i even don't see in real life one of those tree trunk guns. It was not the wise to make comment about it BUT it was not the correct way either to beat me with my freshness. I mean how you can say... anyway!! as a result i saw some discoureging posts from somepeople here which is absolutely not good for beginner with such a great passion. But now i am happy to see at least one of you saw the difference and appreciate it.

About the latest threads, man why you don't even post a single words to these posts. Ok tose threads may looks like crap to you but there is not many interesting things around here lately so what shall we do? Is it better not to post even single word coz we don't have anything amazing. Did you ever think why memo and i don't speak Turkish here which is the language that we can represent us better??? Coz we want you to understand what we are talking and then may be you want involve in. I really like to see that we can chat together. Thats why you establish this forum, right?

....umm...What the Hell happened...

Amigos! Amigas! Ladies and Gentlemen!
This topic is about making the site more interesting, not adding drama or engaging in a slapfest!
C'mon!
--If you must :ko please, take it off-screen!

Re: Murat...

Originally posted by andrsn
Murat, you have to understand that when you DO post something that ISN'T true, many of us feel responsible to correct you. I can see how you take this as "unfriendly" but you have to consider the amount of experience and maturity(age) that exists on this forum. Posing as an experienced diver to those naive to the sport is just downright dangerous. Experience does not come from "books" or written material, but rather practice. And, when you read things such as posts on the Freediving Forums and try to insinuate that is how it's done for spearfishermen too, you're going to irritate a lot of members here. Please remember, we are not Freedivers and should never train like one unless we're always in the company of a competant spotter and scuba support. In most instances for us, this is not the case.

Freedive spearfishing is not a club, there is no hierarchy. It is just a group of people that enjoy a common interest. And for you to say that this forum lacks hospitality for "non-US divers" is just rediculous. Some of the best divers in the world are European and many of them are my friends. So, please try to avoid crapping on the plate you're so eager to eat off of every day.

Anderson

Andy.....

I never ever post the info "ISN't True" intentionally. BUT for posing as an experianced diver... NO WAY..:naughty I belive that i never did this. This is simply not my personality. If you want the proof ask the Tylerz( member of this forum from canada) i met with him (really nice guy) and had a chance to make a little conservation with him.I even don't remmember when i used the words "Freediver" and "Me" in the same sentence. May be i used it couple of times to describe what i am trying to do. But never the way you described.

I said sometimes this place lacks of hospitality for non-US divers coz i have the reasons for that. I will tell you few....
Why i never get any response from one of you guys when i post something. I mean when i saw you cought nice fish i say congrat and i get no word. If you look the latest threads that i post can you see any post from one of you guys. Few months ago i rearrange my whole gear and i see almost no help from us divers. Of course some of you posted few words but i expected more coz we know each other (much or less) more than one year may be two. I did not forget the time when sven pull my neck for no reason. I belive that in that matter both of us had fault (with little difference). The fault that i made was non intetionally it was just my english but sven simply spent me like a coin. After that i saw that sven has birthday and i sent him a pm to congrat him (typical med. sea people, with warm blood and can not stay angry much time) but what i get NO WORD! ! ! When you guys chating in a thread i try to write some words to get involved but you guys behave like there is no one talking.However i belive that my posts are not nonsense anymore. May be these are not much important to you or you just not aware of this or you did not do it intentionally but i can feel it all in the details.

Anyway as i result i think that this forum will be better if you give chance to the newbies more and courage them. This is also good for the future of our sport. So you see i am not crapping the plate, i am just trying to make it better plate. I had never ever wanted to write those comments but when i see Mike was asking about what the hell is happened? i could not stop myself, so sorry....

Murat,
I appreciate your enthusiasm and humble attitude to be corrected and change. I know I am guilty of making posts where I was mostly thinking of US divers. You have done a good job of communicating in a second language. I have become a little more aware of things Americans say and do than I used to after being married to a foreigner and having worked for an international linguistics company.

I will try and be more inclusive in my posts of non-U.S. divers. I know there is a lot of spearos in places that are isolated from other spearos and this forum is their main source of contact and information. I even feel that way in South Texas.

Unfortunately it seems like the world, since 9-11, is getting larger and not smaller. One of the best ways to make true friends is to actually dive with them, but since 9-11 the ability of people to safely travel from one country to another is decreasing.
don

What do you expect?

Murat,
When you asked a question regarding a suit, Shadowkiller and I both responded. It became apparent to the both of us that you didn't want advice about a suit rather you wanted afirmation that your choice in suits was the right one. Both of us shut up thereafter. As far as people responding to every thing you post, it just doesn't happen. What do you expect? You wished Sven happy birthday huh, right on. So did I. Did I get a personal response? No! I had a birthday in July and only one member on the board sent me a happy birthday. It wasn't even someone that I communicate with regularly. Did I complain about it? I don't think so. Why, because I am a grown up. It seems to me that you are looking for recognition. Do something worth recognition then you will receive some. Want karma, do something worth giving karma to then you just might receive some. As far as drawing conclusions based on your English, I remember you tried to correct a US diver when they commented on a picture of several nice tuna. The diver in question commented "nice fish." You went ahead and corrected him saying "you mean fishes." A little English lesson here, the word fish may be used singularly as in one fish or as a plural meaning more than one fish. Was your English misinterpreted again?

As far as getting respect for the number of posts one has, uh that is a bunch of crap. Case and point, how long have you been spearfishing, less than a year? I have been spearfishing for over 15 years. Should people listen to you because of your 1000+ posts and one year of actual hunting or someone who has been spearfishing before puberty but has only a couple hundred posts? When I chose to give advice I make sure I know what I am talking about. Most people choose to ignore me. Why? Because I don't have a recognizable name. After all, I'm just some guy over in Hawaii, what does he know. Well come and dive with me. Those that have will agree that I know what the hell I'm doing. If I give advice on equipment or hunting tips, people tend to listen. If I am clueless, I'll either shut up or ask questions.

I apologize if this seems a bit harsh but what do you expect? This thread was not started as a "let's cry about how we were wronged" but (correct me if I'm wrong Rig) it was intended to stir things up again. To encourage open posting of dive stories, posting of catches and, discussion of ideas.

As a side note to anyone who cares to read this. I work in the mental health field. I listen to people's boo hoo stories day in and day out. When I log on the last thing I want to read is more boo hoo about how the world wronged me. I think I speak for most of the other memebers when I say "I don't want to hear it." If you're gonna cry, go cry somewhere else. When you're ready to act like a grown up then come on back.

Brad

Last edited:
Brad who?

Oh...you're the guy I forgot to send happy birthday greetings to. Damn, I knew there was at least one. ;)

Very nicely put Brad. I'd love to say more but you pretty much summed it up and I'm actually real busy putting cams on my rollergun. :hmm

Oceanswimmer, I think it's important to let people get things off their chest. I'm all about new ideas and acceptance of others but if people have problems here, and want to share that, we should listen to that as well.

I have to agree w/ the topic of this thread and if we can put the pleasantries aside and get to the root of the problem, then maybe we can fix it. At least it's better than sitting by, appathetically, and going down w/ the ship.

If a little passion gets misinterpreted thats fine, but hopefully it will defiburlate (Sven have at that spelling...) this forum.

Reactions: rigdvr
Sven,
I knew you really did care :eek: . Post some pics of that rollergun when its done.

Brad

Murat...I am sorry you feel so bitter towards many here and I am trying to understand why. The reason I dont post more on your threads is that I have nothing to offer. When I do I certainly reply, like when you wanted some general info on AJ's...now, I might know NOtHING about the Med. but I know a little bit about that, so I posted.

Maybe you get personally offended by some things that many here feel you shouldnt be. And many times the way you reply puts some on the defensive. Perhaps something is lost in the translation I dont know. What I do know is that something is getting mixed up. Relax and enjoy.

To everyone else...glad to see some names around here. Now lets talk about hunting.:t

Deft, You could be right; perhaps I interpreted rig's topic here too narrowly.
If there are issues that need to be aired, then it may be best to get 'em out, deal....and move on.
I have a problem when a post sounds like a personal attack.
I might not like someone, but it takes integrity to give credit when credit is due :eek: It's possible I mis-read the animosity. My mistake! The good news is --- I don't see this Forum in danger of death by apathy!
Thank you for putting this in perspective.
The word is defibrillate.

Originally posted by defofthecrown
Oceanswimmer, I think it's important to let people get things off their chest. I'm all about new ideas and acceptance of others but if people have problems here, and want to share that, we should listen to that as well.

I have to agree w/ the topic of this thread and if we can put the pleasantries aside and get to the root of the problem, then maybe we can fix it. At least it's better than sitting by, appathetically, and going down w/ the ship.

If a little passion gets misinterpreted thats fine, but hopefully it will defiburlate (Sven have at that spelling...) this forum.

I don't expect anything from you thats for sure ! ! ! !

Originally posted by w3ac
Murat,
When you asked a question regarding a suit, Shadowkiller and I both responded. It became apparent to the both of us that you didn't want advice about a suit rather you wanted afirmation that your choice in suits was the right one. Both of us shut up thereafter. As far as people responding to every thing you post, it just doesn't happen. What do you expect? You wished Sven happy birthday huh, right on. So did I. Did I get a personal response? No! I had a birthday in July and only one member on the board sent me a happy birthday. It wasn't even someone that I communicate with regularly. Did I complain about it? I don't think so. Why, because I am a grown up. It seems to me that you are looking for recognition. Do something worth recognition then you will receive some. Want karma, do something worth giving karma to then you just might receive some. As far as drawing conclusions based on your English, I remember you tried to correct a US diver when they commented on a picture of several nice tuna. The diver in question commented "nice fish." You went ahead and corrected him saying "you mean fishes." A little English lesson here, the word fish may be used singularly as in one fish or as a plural meaning more than one fish. Was your English misinterpreted again?

As far as getting respect for the number of posts one has, uh that is a bunch of crap. Case and point, how long have you been spearfishing, less than a year? I have been spearfishing for over 15 years. Should people listen to you because of your 1000+ posts and one year of actual hunting or someone who has been spearfishing before puberty but has only a couple hundred posts? When I chose to give advice I make sure I know what I am talking about. Most people choose to ignore me. Why? Because I don't have a recognizable name. After all, I'm just some guy over in Hawaii, what does he know. Well come and dive with me. Those that have will agree that I know what the hell I'm doing. If I give advice on equipment or hunting tips, people tend to listen. If I am clueless, I'll either shut up or ask questions.

I apologize if this seems a bit harsh but what do you expect? This thread was not started as a "let's cry about how we were wronged" but (correct me if I'm wrong Rig) it was intended to stir things up again. To encourage open posting of dive stories, posting of catches and, discussion of ideas.

As a side note to anyone who cares to read this. I work in the mental health field. I listen to people's boo hoo stories day in and day out. When I log on the last thing I want to read is more boo hoo about how the world wronged me. I think I speak for most of the other memebers when I say "I don't want to hear it." If you're gonna cry, go cry somewhere else. When you're ready to act like a grown up then come on back.

Brad

Well... Well....

It was not just the suit thread, i was talking about general. But you just talking about only one post that you made that appreciate from my point of view.Nothing more...I don't think you are enough around here to see whats really going on from my point of view. You just look one thread one post that you made and thought ok this guy is nutcase. And yes there are people answer my questions but i am talking about minority comunity whoes somehow hate me. And no i don't expect from sven to get happy birthday message, i just expected to hear thanks coz of my congrat note, thats all. As all the other did. The only one crying here is you!!! not me, i don't care even if you had 1 message in your birthday, i get nothing. I don't care about this coz everyone can miss the date 1st of january.God thanks i had a friends in real life whoes not forget this. How many times should i say i don't care about god damn carma. I only comme here for learning and chating with faithful friends. I don't care about how much blue boxes i have. I only care about karma in real life. But sven is so proud of his blue boxes.... Thats not me, not my style, i preffer the people to like me in real life! ! ! I have real friends in real life, who cares about how many blue boxes you have if you fooling people everytime around.
The "correction" you were talking about is all crap. I made this not to correct someone whoes main language is english but tried to say hell no man ! ! ! there is bunch of fish you get, you are humble to talking about like only one fish.You get the point now. I guess no!!!.

I don't want from the people to worship me coz i have 1000+ posts. All i want is some respond when i say something. I don't care how long you are spearfishing. It seems that you can't even know how to threat beginners.I have friends here whoes hunting more than 40 years and i am sure they take out ten spero like you from their's pocket. Even those guys likes me and respect not beacuse of i have one year spearing experiance but they see the passion in me. And one day i will become like one of those guys. And will not ripped off the beginners like you and some of did.

Whats the big deal of live in hawaii???? I live in island too. CYPRUS! ! !. Fuzz is also from hawaii but he never treat me like you did.The problem is not hawaii, probem is you.

I am sorry if you listen boo hoo stories all but thats not my problem!!! open your mind to outside world and don't bullshit anyone via the net.

The reason why i said all of these is to answer the question "What the hell has happened???? from my point of view. Why we don't have old beautifull days coz you are everytime bullshiting someone to gain RECOGNITION ! ! !

If you think i am stirring things up and not help people to share theirs stories and catches, just look who started spearfsihing pictures thread.

I apologize if this seems a bit harsh.....

Murat...I am sorry you feel so bitter towards many here and I am trying to understand why. The reason I dont post more on your threads is that I have nothing to offer. When I do I certainly reply, like when you wanted some general info on AJ's...now, I might know NOtHING about the Med. but I know a little bit about that, so I posted.

Maybe you get personally offended by some things that many here feel you shouldnt be. And many times the way you reply puts some on the defensive. Perhaps something is lost in the translation I dont know. What I do know is that something is getting mixed up. Relax and enjoy.

To everyone else...glad to see some names around here. Now lets talk about hunting.:t

Mike, i don't feel so bitter towards many here, just couple of...:D Yes i understand now why you hadn't post many in last threads. But i really felt happy when i saw you respond my quesiton in AJ thread. That was quite unexpected for me. But as you see we europeans or med sea people like to chat about something. If you noticed i have some LONG... LONG... conservation with Shane and memo about nothing but it is enjoyable for us.We just like to talk about anything else when the topic is spearfishing...
Thanks for care.....;)

Anybody gone hunting lately:blackeye

Sven...I know you got a new gun...why havent I seen pics or at least a description in the equipment area?

If things need to get aired out betwenn some members, fine but try to keep it somewhat clean. I appreciate things in their intentions. If an argument is geared towards getting things off ones chest and making an improvement(hopefully) Im all for it but when this thread turns into ugly name calling and simply trying to flame each other Im gone...:head

Boo hoo! Need a tissue now? By the way, I don't bullshit people via the net. I can back up everything I post. I would really like to meet you someday Murat, I'm just really curious as to who you are. You got balls, I gotta say that. But as far as attacking you, this was not an attack. When I attack you, you and everyone else will definitely know it. This was just me stating the obvious. I think I bit my tongue and was polite long enough.

Not welcoming newbies? Would you take someone into your home sight unseen? Would you let them stay with you for a couple of months after meeting them on this forum? I have.

I'm really sorry you feel like people hate you, I know I don't. We just can't seem to see eye to eye. But when you post controvercial things, be prepared for the reprocussions. I was when I addressed your post. What I was not ready for was the name calling. Saying things like I haven't been around the forum long enough, calling me a beginner, saying I have a problem; well I guess I do have a problem. See when people give advice when they don't know what they are talking about, it concerns me. Someone could get hurt or even killed through bad advice.

I'll take your post with a grain of salt but can we stop the name calling? It's a little childish.

Brad

Last week i arrange a fish and chips party with my catches. 9 people invited and they all liked the fish and fulled up. I really wanted to take some pic. of the fishes for you but i broken down my camera long time ago and my mother also slice the fishes down while i was in dive shop anyway. In my last dive i cought one octopus something like 2.5 feet, now i have two of them in the freezer with two more they will be ready for lunch:p :p

I am still triying to start static apnea training but those lessons doesn't give me a break. I will need this static training for dentex hunting.

Originally posted by w3ac
Boo hoo! Need a tissue now? By the way, I don't bullshit people via the net. I can back up everything I post. I would really like to meet you someday Murat, I'm just really curious as to who you are. You got balls, I gotta say that. But as far as attacking you, this was not an attack. When I attack you, you and everyone else will definitely know it. This was just me stating the obvious. I think I bit my tongue and was polite long enough.

Not welcoming newbies? Would you take someone into your home sight unseen? Would you let them stay with you for a couple of months after meeting them on this forum? I have.

I'm really sorry you feel like people hate you, I know I don't. We just can't seem to see eye to eye. But when you post controvercial things, be prepared for the reprocussions. I was when I addressed your post. What I was not ready for was the name calling. Saying things like I haven't been around the forum long enough, calling me a beginner, saying I have a problem; well I guess I do have a problem. See when people give advice when they don't know what they are talking about, it concerns me. Someone could get hurt or even killed through bad advice.

I'll take your post with a grain of salt but can we stop the name calling? It's a little childish.

Brad

If you really like to met with me you are most welcome here. I will glad to show hospitallity any of you from the forum. If you want to stay with me there is one emty bed. ;)

BTW did i call you beginner by the mistake? I just wanted to say you are not capable enough to see the events for my point of view thats all.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT